UKBouldering.com

Bubba FatAss (Read 3873 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Bubba FatAss
October 30, 2002, 08:19:26 pm
I couldn't start a complimentary thread without insulting you somewhere - did you write the forum code? its awesome! a man of many talents. I'll provide the infrastructure you do the code together we'll save the world!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Bubba FatAss
October 30, 2002, 08:51:48 pm
Cheeky twat  :D

After my caving post this morning, I take full responsibilty for having a somewhat chunky butt, although it's me gorilla like chest that's the main problem down muddy holes!

Did I fook write the forum code (wish I had) - I started writing one, but then realised that you could get this one open-source, so why bother. You need a server that runs PHP, but it's a free download from phpbb. Easy to configure and there's plenty of sexy add-ins too.

I reckon it's the best one out there - and they release a new version with fixes every few months.

hongkongstuey

• forum hero
    • http://www.hongkongclimbing.com
#2 Bubba FatAss
October 31, 2002, 06:04:05 am
i'd be wary of some of the add ins though Mike - i tried adding Chinese language capabilitiy twice (something for the local HK guys) and it killed the forum both times - had to delete the lot and start from scratch - which was a bit of a bugger!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#3 Bubba FatAss
October 31, 2002, 08:14:53 am
Yeah, some of them haven't worked properly - like the one that enforces the size of the remote avatar, for example.

Think the key is to back up any files that you're going to change. There's quite a few available on phpbb.com itself, which should be tested properly.

I think some of them are dependent on running a specific version of phpbb so that's another thing to watch - have you done the dyno vid yet, btw??

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal