UKBouldering.com

Eye problem (Read 2606 times)

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 01:06:08 pm
I know it's not related to an injury sustained from climbing but wondered if any med heads might be able to help me. Over the last month or two, I get days where my eyes go 'cloudy' and it feels a bit like when you first wake up before you rub your eyes to be able to see clearly. Except it doesn't go away. It doesn't feel like my sight is straining but simply like that morning feeling.  Has anybody had a similar thing  or can anybody suggest some form of remedy? Weird.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#1 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 01:16:46 pm
That's how I felt for 2 years... then I went and got an eye test!  ;)

I know what you mean though, even with the glasses I sometimes wander down the road from mine and feel totally west in a cloudy haze. I usually get it from being indoors for more than a day without getting out to do some exercise...etc Maybe it's because you have been spending a lot of time in the studio and need to get outside and go for a run or something  :shrug:

Monolith

• forum hero
#2 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 01:20:46 pm
Maybe it's dry air or something but even after rinsing with some water they still feel pretty much the same.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 01:26:35 pm
  :shrug:

I suspect not though.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 01:55:07 pm
That's how I felt for 2 years... then I went and got an eye test!  ;)

Good advice regardless. Are they free on the NHS in England now? Be daft not to. Could be symptomatic of something.

Do you blink enough? Might soun like a daft question, but some people don't.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#5 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 02:26:11 pm
Go and get an eye test, just to be sure it's not your vision.  It could just be that your eyes are very dry, rinse them with some saline solution rather than just water which will actually make them feel worse and blink as much as possible (although maybe not too much when you're with other folk cause they'll think you're mental  ;) )

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#6 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 02:28:31 pm
Symptom of diabetes apparantly.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#7 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 02:41:09 pm
Stop masturbating whilst reading under the covers by dim torchlight.

And then get an eye test.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#8 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 02:55:59 pm
Symptom of diabetes apparantly.

I was going to say that, but didn't want to sound alarmist. Excessive "floaters" (dead rod and cone cells, not the other kind) are apparently a potential indicator too.

Monolith

• forum hero
#9 Re: Eye problem
March 04, 2009, 04:33:20 pm
I considered the diabetes element but then thought I would get some other associated symptoms as well (non of which I've had).

The suggestion about blinking more is probably a good one. Drawing lines all day  without nudging layers of papers or smudging ink means I probably do tend to blink less than is needed.

I was given a course of antibiotic eye drops recently for some redness I kept getting in my right eye but this seems to be a separate issue. An eye test it is then thanks people.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal