UKBouldering.com

Anstey's cove (Read 2063 times)

dpb

• addict
Anstey's cove
March 04, 2009, 08:39:42 am
I've got a bit of time off next week and was thinking of having a change of scene from the peak or yorkshire.  Anyone know what Ansteys Cove is like in March, will it be dry? Also, is it a pleasent place to belay/be generally as it will be my wife doing the rope holding.  Would there be a better south coast option this time of year?

Cheers

Kingy

• forum hero
#1 Re: Anstey's cove
March 04, 2009, 09:16:33 am
I think the climbing temps at Anstey's will be fine but i can't guarantee whether it will be dry, hopefully a local will be along to clarify. It really is mild down there though compared to the north and is a sun-trap if I'm not mistaken. The ground is all a bit sloping at the base of routes so its not the most restful environment for the belayer. Portland will be guaranteed largely non-seeping (well certainly you will find a hell of a lot of dry stuff to do if its not actually raining) and it is an ideal place for non-climbers to hang out having in many places a large flat space below most climbs.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#2 Re: Anstey's cove
March 04, 2009, 11:37:47 am
Some friends were down at Anstey's the weekend before last and it was seeping quite badly. Not sure which lines were effected though. One of them mentioned that they couldn't get on the 7c they'd planned to, and an 8a they tried was also pretty soggy.

Brean was nice and dry last weekend. Even Chulilla was dry. Sadly, it lashed it down in Bristol last night.  :(

dpb

• addict
#3 Re: Anstey's cove
March 04, 2009, 11:50:38 am
Cheers for that. Portland is sounding the better option at he mo. Though if Malham dries out I may end up there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal