UKBouldering.com

Any conditions reports for south peak Lime? (Read 5479 times)

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
Any conditions reports for south peak Lime?
February 28, 2009, 06:18:16 pm
Lorry park or similar? any dry routes expected to be dry tomorrow?

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Lorry park was mint on Sunday. Got to say I was impressed with the quality of both rock and climbing to be found there  :thumbsup:

belperpete

• addict
Lorry park was mint on Sunday. Got to say I was impressed with the quality of both rock and climbing to be found there  :thumbsup:
JC told me you (and Neil etc) were there. Glad you enjoyed! It's what I've been saying, if that crag were in a more favourable place, it'd be heaving!
We're keen to finish the re-development, as there's still a bit of 'rationalising' to do, as well a new route or two.
Would like to hear from Neil about it, soon.

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
It's been raining really heavily in the High Peak all morning so you might want to seek out some shelter.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Both IanP and myself thought that The Squealer was fantastic. Had a brief play on the route to the left and that was excellent as well. Didn't do Supercrack but all the others there who did raved about it. Very keen to check out Long Tor as well. It's a 2hr drive for me to get there, but one I'm prepared to make after Sunday's visit.

belperpete

• addict
Both IanP and myself thought that The Squealer was fantastic. Had a brief play on the route to the left and that was excellent as well. Didn't do Supercrack but all the others there who did raved about it. Very keen to check out Long Tor as well. It's a 2hr drive for me to get there, but one I'm prepared to make after Sunday's visit.
Goog effort, indeed and spread the word Andy. There are plenty of people, well less than 2 hours away missing out on some great climbing.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Anyone know what either Lorry Park or Long Tor will be like on Sunday given the downpour that's predicted before then?

JC

• addict
I'm not too sure Andy, unless its torrential rain they might be ok. But you do have a long way to come, so you could be dissapointed!   :shrug:

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
How long does it take for the seepage to come through? If it's pretty quick then I'll probably give it a miss until later in the season. On another flava, are you going to Yorkshire in the half term? 

JC

• addict
Don't think seepage will be a problem, its just how wet they get during the rain.  The Boltest at Long Tor might be a good bet if your interested. That route always seems to be dry!    Might be up in Yorkshire sometime next week.

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
Cheers JC. I'll check with the Weatherman (AKA IanP) on Saturday before deciding. Won't be in Yorkshire next week, but could be up at the weekend.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal