UKBouldering.com

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
February 15, 2009, 07:28:24 pm
on my journey to technical enlightenment and i'm stuck allready. Have a series of digital images from years ago that i animated as an avi & gif file. Uploaded the avi file but it didn't like it, it liked the giff file but only shows 1 of the 8 or so piccies. what do i need to do so that it becomes animated?

Paul B

• forum hero
#1 Re: avatars
February 15, 2009, 07:32:46 pm
I think if the forum needs to re-size the gif to make it acceptable as an avatar it loses the animation. It seemed that way for my avatar which is meant to have throbbing muscles! (hell yeah!).

I'd try either re-sizing the gif with whichever program you used to make it and trying again, or alternately upload it somewhere else and do it that way.

Chances are this is all wrong though.

(you putting the pics up in the Old Skool thread?)

Andy Harris

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: avatars
February 15, 2009, 08:04:12 pm
hi paul, the digital pics only go back to 2000 when i got my 1st digi camera for my year out (1.5mp). Did geta  slidescanner for crimbo so intentd to scan in the classics and get them on the web when i get a  chance. However the priority at the moment is painting, kitchen, baby so not sure when i'll get round to it.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#3 Re: avatars
February 15, 2009, 08:16:10 pm
You should be able to re-size it in PhotoShop or similar, then export for web as animated gif.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#4 Re: avatars
February 15, 2009, 11:04:19 pm

Yeah, the problem is when the image is resized it loses the animation.

With old version of Photoshop, you could use Imageready to resize animated gifs, I'm guessing with the newer versions it's part of PS itself.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal