UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891363 times)

dunnyg

• forum hero
#2650 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 20, 2020, 07:09:02 pm
cretins  :chair: yhere some east coast swell this week. Good luck on sorting it all out.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2651 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 20, 2020, 07:10:31 pm
:'( Good luck. At least you won’t catch Covid at work.

Unlikely, wife and I have worked from home since March.

shurt

• forum abuser
  • nincompoop
#2652 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 20, 2020, 09:10:22 pm
Really sorry to hear your shit news mate. What a massive bummer

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#2653 Re: NNFN!!!!
October 20, 2020, 09:32:59 pm
:'( Good luck. At least you won’t catch Covid at work.

Unlikely, wife and I have worked from home since March.

Fingers crossed for an upturn in your fortunes.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2654 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2020, 09:15:02 pm
Fuck, dropped a pan on the shiny induction hob, cracked the top. Still works. Everyone says "do not use", but I just can't see manufacturers only relying on the glass as insulation, I would be VERY surprised if the induction loops had any bare metal, and even so, the tiny amount of any water getting through would have such a low ability to transmit sufficient current...

Anyway, we looked on line to see if you could replace the top. £143 from AEG, painful, but not the end of the world. Let's just click "is this compatible"...

Arse.

No, the compatible one is £294.Home contents excess is £200 (not sure why so high, might rethink that one next year), so not sure whether claiming is worth it. I suppose it would mean someone could come out to fit it.

remus

• forum hero
#2655 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2020, 10:08:03 pm
Is there a knock off one you could get from somewhere? £300 seems pretty pricey for a piece of glass (even if it is heat resistant or whatever).

tomtom

• forum hero
#2656 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 08:22:19 am
Isn’t the hole for hobs fairly standard in size? Ie you could get a non induction one on the cheap in the meantime?

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2657 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 10:40:27 am
I can get a new glass top next day, so I'm not fussed about getting something in to replace it short term.

Remus - annoyingly, the controls are all built in to the glass, so, of course...nothing else is compatible. I really love induction, but there's no way they're going to last like a cast iron range, or an aga - there ain't no way you'll be buying house with an 80 year old stove any more....

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2658 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 01:13:04 pm
To balance out the bad luck (or more, complete idiocy on my part...), my camera (Olympus EM5 mk1) stopped working the other day, PCB failure. Just heard that Olympus can no longer source the part, so are giving my a new EM5 Mk3 for the price of the repair plus £100...nice!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2659 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 01:49:44 pm
Sorry Chris, good luck!!!  :strongbench: :strongbench: :strongbench: :strongbench:

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#2660 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 02:59:52 pm
Fultonius,

what's the make/model of the unit? I'm not saying anything at the moment, but a friend of mine has a business cleaning/repairing ovens.

I'll drop her a line.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2661 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 06:16:27 pm
Nice, it's AEG HK654200FB

Cheers!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#2662 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 09:50:39 pm
Feel your pain, we got use of a colleague / friend's cottage for a winter weekend, just as we were packing up I knocked over a bottle and it caught the very edge of the bevelled glass on the hob and cracked it right though. Weekend suddenly became very expensive.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#2663 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 10:09:04 pm
Nice, it's AEG HK654200FB

Cheers!

No problem! Worth trying. I've sent her a message, and will try to call tomorrow.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2664 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 10:10:34 pm
Feel your pain, we got use of a colleague / friend's cottage for a winter weekend, just as we were packing up I knocked over a bottle and it caught the very edge of the bevelled glass on the hob and cracked it right though. Weekend suddenly became very expensive.

I knew the were fragile, I didn't know they were so expensive! I feel your pain. Have you got any annual travel insurance, might cover it?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#2665 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 14, 2020, 11:50:59 pm
This was a few years ago.
FWIW it was a great snowy feb half term in Granton, probably worth it for the weather, and Kyle saying "I'm too tired to play in the snow any more, but I'm happy to just sit here outside and watch it falling". Priceless.

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#2666 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 15, 2020, 07:20:41 pm

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2667 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 15, 2020, 09:44:08 pm
Doesn't need to be AEG, but not does need to be a 32a induction, not at all bothered about the cost as I do a lot of cooking and I need it to not be annoying and shit!

I'm waiting on John Lewis getting back to me to see if they can source a spare top any cheaper (it's not a warranty issue obvs but I though JL might be nice and help out).

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
#2668 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 16, 2020, 02:04:23 am
Doesn't need to be AEG, but not does need to be a 32a induction, not at all bothered about the cost as I do a lot of cooking and I need it to not be annoying and shit!

I'm waiting on John Lewis getting back to me to see if they can source a spare top any cheaper (it's not a warranty issue obvs but I though JL might be nice and help out).

What do you mean by a 32a? I've just picked up a Neff 60cm (T51T55X2/01). It's complete, but I don't know if it's working. Saw it the other night, so when I saw your post I thought I wonder.. Didn't want to say anything until checking it was still there. I'll email you a picture. No idea if these things are interchangeable. Lugged it home, and can knock at the house for more info. You'd be surprised how much stuff that gets left out still works. This will be too much of a long shot, but you never know.

Couldn't speak to Pippa this evening, but she'd recommended e-spares. As I've dropped them a line already, don't mind following that up tomorrow.

Dave.

(PS. 32a .. 32A? Sounds very high.)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#2669 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 16, 2020, 07:44:27 am

What do you mean high?
That’s just 1-9-22 on a 6mm campus board, or a 1hr 55 min front lever with a small Welsh Male Voice Choir performing on your ankles.

You know, warm up.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2670 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 16, 2020, 09:20:52 am

What do you mean high?
That’s just 1-9-22 on a 6mm campus board, or a 1hr 55 min front lever with a small Welsh Male Voice Choir performing on your ankles.

You know, warm up.

I've secretly been on the lattice training plan, Aiden is just a prelude.... 32A....the next level....

Actually, that NEFF is 7.2KW / 32A. If it works it would be a good find! If it doesn't work, it's probably worth trying to repair as they were £800 new!

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2671 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2020, 09:14:02 pm
So, at the start of December, my fantastic new fucking job, that I had signed a contract for and had theoretically started; evaporated. Well, at least until April, if the project goes ahead. Which was shit, but we’re no worse off than we were, so, ho hum. Ego dented, but that edifice is so scarred as to be barely recognisable as such and work hardened.

But, around the same time, I developed a moderately intense abdominal pain. I say pain, but it was more an irritating, nagging, discomfort that sometimes seemed just off the Iliac on my left or possibly even in my left testicle. After gradually getting worse for a week, I duly toddled off to the quack. He shrugged and sent me for an Ultrasound. Bit of a backlog there, so I finally had the scan this evening (clinics are running until 10pm to try and catch up). To be honest, in the time between appointments, it had faded to an intermittent, disappear for days at a time, mild stab of pain; that eluded all prodding and poking or determining of precise location.

I have a fucking Spigelian Hernia.

No options except surgical, too much risk to let it lie, apparently (risk of strangling gut, apparently).

No idea when I’ll get a surgical consultation and the Doc today told me to stop exercising!
Nearly choked.
Anyway, I have been doing all my normal training, from the beginning of onset/pain and not had so much as a twinge in the process. What sets it off, is sitting, such as driving, dinning table etc.

Anybody know if it’s feasible to modify my training? Switch to using a bench for weights, instead of free standing?
I don’t  know, anything anybody can think of that could be done with a relatively low risk of my gut exploding into my lap?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#2672 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2020, 09:18:33 pm
Very sorry to read this OMM. How deeply frustrating. Best wishes for a speedy resolution.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2673 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2020, 09:46:00 pm
Sorry to hear that Matt.

Has the exercise you’ve been doing caused this - or has it come from nowhere/no cause etc.. if not then why not just carry on what you are doing (toned down a bit probably) and avoid the sitting/driving stuff that tweaks it?

Any idea how long the waiting list is? If its bonkers worth exploring private?? (No idea how much it might cost...)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2674 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2020, 10:11:34 pm
Sorry to hear that Matt.

Has the exercise you’ve been doing caused this - or has it come from nowhere/no cause etc.. if not then why not just carry on what you are doing (toned down a bit probably) and avoid the sitting/driving stuff that tweaks it?

Any idea how long the waiting list is? If its bonkers worth exploring private?? (No idea how much it might cost...)

Honestly no clue. The problem of a late evening appointment, I suppose, no opportunity to just be sent off to make an appointment. Got to wait for something to come through the post. I was lucky it was actually a doctor running the ultrasound clinic tonight, she told me, and not just a technician. She was able to give me firm diagnosis and run through the scan (show me the fat moving through the hole and back in real time). However she now has to write it up and post it out. Also, not sure if that’s going to be her referring me to Surgical, or me just getting her report in the post and a number for self referral, or what.

I genuinely haven’t a clue what caused it, there’s no “ow” moment that I recall, just a realisation one evening that I was uncomfortable and (I thought) probably constipated/picked up some gastro bug or similar. Then as the evening wore on, it seemed to move into my nuts, which was alarming.
Anyway, paracetamol and ibuprofen knocked it down and I forgot about it until the next day. Same thing each night for a week.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal