NNFN!!!! (Read 891520 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2525 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 09:29:50 am
I've left pair of £7 slazenger 3/4 lengths and my napalm death vest lying around all the time at the depot and they've never moved an inch  :???:

Wil

• obsessive maniac
    • Wil Treasure
#2526 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 09:56:54 am
I'm amazed I've not had anything nicked at the wall over the years, I've been very trusting. I've only rarely used a locker.

I did however have 2 pairs of approach shoes stolen from a campsite this year. It's put them under the car to keep them out of the light rain, they were a bit too stinky to put inside. We drove off without them, but returned when we realised after an hour. No sign of them. Mine were old and stinky, but my partner's were pretty new. There was hardly anyone there as well, being early afternoon on BH Monday. I get the appeal with my partner's, but mine were knackered!

galpinos

• forum hero
#2527 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 10:01:09 am
I've never used a locker at the Manc Depot and never had anything go. I've never used a locker at any wall until a recent trip to Ravenswall in London and it seemed like an odd thing to do but there wasn't the normal area for leaving bags and stuff about (and I don't trust Londoners).

I did have a pair of pinks taken from AW Stockport once but that was a genuine error and they were returned the next week. I did start writing my name on shoes for a bit but gave up after a while.

I do have a healthy collection of brushes made up of abandoned ones from the Depot (and ones I've stolen of JR) though.

Blue Boy

#2528 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 10:12:41 am
My missus left a £70 pair of climbing pants, a Moon hoody and a T-shirt at the Manc Depot a couple of weeks ago and they never got handed in...

The cleaners at the Nottingham depot tend to just tidy things away into the cubbie holes rather than hand stuff back to lost property. I once found a pair of my climbing shoes in one of them a week after I thought I lost them. If the cleaners at the Manc depot have the same behaviour, might be worth checking the cubbies for anything lost.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2529 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 10:49:02 am
I've left pair of £7 slazenger 3/4 lengths and my napalm death vest lying around all the time at the depot and they've never moved an inch  :???:
I wiped them around the urinals and then replaced them in exactly the same position!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2530 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 11:10:06 am
The smell was slightly improved.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#2531 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 11:10:26 am
Nice of you to clean Fiend's stuff for him

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#2532 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 11:23:43 am
That might give Offwidth's mystical wicking / cooling effect and I could keep the vest on after all!

Bradders

• forum hero
#2533 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 13, 2019, 02:06:40 pm
I had my phone and all the cash from my wallet stolen from a locker at the Leeds Depot. Few years ago now. In fairness, I hadn't locked the locker, but still...

Fucking hell! One of the changing room ones?

Yep. Incredibly, they emptied all the cash and change out of my wallet, and left it! Why not just take the lot?

Depot were pretty hopeless about it at the time. Think they have more CCTV now maybe.

andy popp

• forum hero
#2534 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 19, 2020, 10:18:41 pm
Last Monday saw my wife hospitalised with Guillain Barre disease - a bloody scary neurological auto-immune disease. She's not really been well since we moved two months ago and now we know why. They let her come home for the night this afternoon and then there are more tests tomorrow and decision whether she'll be readmitted. It's very treatable however, but we're looking at months of recovery, at least.

So far, super impressed with Danish healthcare, which is a revelation to my American family (we'd be looking at a bill for tens of thousands already in the US).

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#2535 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 19, 2020, 10:30:49 pm
Good luck and best wishes to her and you.

Coops_13

• forum hero
    • YouTube
#2536 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 20, 2020, 02:46:05 am
Bugger, hope she starts feeling better soon

andy popp

• forum hero
#2537 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 20, 2020, 06:26:50 am
I also crocked one of my ankles last weekend; very frustrating as I'd been to a wall for the first time in years a few days before and really enjoyed myself. I wouldn't have been able to go last week as I was basically living at the hospital, but really want to be able to go again soon.

nik at work

• forum hero
#2538 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 20, 2020, 06:56:29 am
Good luck Andy, I hope the recovery goes well for your wife and for your ankle.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2539 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 20, 2020, 07:34:28 am
Shit / sorry to hear that Andy... silver lining could be the Danish healthcare system to get things all straightened out...

Wishing you all well. T

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#2540 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 20, 2020, 07:44:08 am
Sorry to hear that, Andy. It sounds like she's in good hands. Hope you're all back to normal soon.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#2541 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 20, 2020, 08:03:51 am
Very sorry to hear this Andy.
Polly’s (MrsOMM) mother was hit with this in her 8th month of pregnancy with Polly and Polly was delivered by emergency C section.
That was 37 years ago and despite being in full paralysis and on a ventilator etc, she made a full recovery and has never experienced any sequelae that she’s aware of.

She’s a bloody awful witch and we both detest her, even her grandkids kicked off at being made to sign her xmas card, but I’m confident that’s unrelated.

Best of luck to you both.

Edit:
That’s mother-in-law that’s the witch, not Polly.*

*most days, other days are available.

spidermonkey09

• forum hero
#2542 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2020, 11:38:29 am
A vexing session at the Station last night. A section of the wall was partially closed because a section of the roof had blown off in the wind last week and water had got in. As a result the roof section of the wall was closed off (not that this stopped them letting the kids groups warm up in there for some reason... :shrug:) .

The v4 circuit was down for resetting. This is the only circuit at that grade and therefore left a massive gap between the V3's and the V6's. As a result I attempted to get warm on the hideous, slopey, badly set easier circuits all the while fighting my urge to let go the chalk and grime encrusted holds and sack it off.

Temperature levels were, as usual, sub zero. Staff in down jackets and woolly hats (is this even legal? Don't employers have to heat their premises to a half reasonable temperature?) I then moved on to the v6 set and attempted a few of these on yet more horrible holds. A ping was felt in my hand, which happens to me occasionally when I am really cold. I let go and all feels fine so crack on. Complete the session but not quite the full ticket in left arm and hand. Glad to leave.

By contrast to the wall in central Leicester, this one really is appalling, especially in contrast to the modern Depot centres. It is cold all the time, filthy, and the circuits don't get changed for months at a time (the easier V0 one has been up since August the 14th last year). On top of that, the setting is ridiculously cruxy on the same holds that I remember being there 6 years ago and oscillates from piss to desperate within one V grade. These holds are also uniformly non-positive and slick making dry-firing a frequent occurrence. I could go on but suffice to say that sat with a sore finger this morning I am fairly confident I won't be going back for a while. Rant over...

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Whut
#2543 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 12, 2020, 04:29:46 pm
Good rant. Post it on their FB ofc...

Paul B

• forum hero
#2544 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 20, 2020, 05:55:25 pm
I don't know where to go with this...  :tumble:

We're (/were) buying a house. We're effectively a cash buyer. We have everything in place and searches etc. ongoing but the vendor has decided to go with someone else (a month after the offer was accepted) who the agent hasn't yet done due diligence on, and hasn't yet started the searches, when they're buying an empty property, with no chain at their end. It isn't even like we've been outbid.

I'm completely baffled and equally p*ssed off. Nat is in absolute pieces. It's such a rare property type (viable for Leeds and Preston, near climbing, outside space and buildings [think mega-board]) that it all feels like back to the drawing board.

galpinos

• forum hero
#2545 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 20, 2020, 06:00:05 pm

We're (/were) buying a house. We're effectively a cash buyer. We have everything in place and searches etc. ongoing but the vendor has decided to go with someone else (a month after the offer was accepted) who the agent hasn't yet done due diligence on, and hasn't yet started the searches, when they're buying an empty property, with no chain at their end. It isn't even like we've been outbid.

I'm completely baffled and equally p*ssed off. Nat is in absolute pieces. It's such a rare property type (viable for Leeds and Preston, near climbing, outside space and buildings [think mega-board]) that it all feels like back to the drawing board.

No help but we lost a property we had our heart set on 2 yrs ago. Offer accepted, survey done, ours sold, chasing their solicitor about completion date and........ they decided not to sell. We were gutted, we had mentally already moved and had convinced the kids it was a good idea (my eldest took a lot of convincing).

We have now bought a different house, moved and are very happy. In reality, it is a better property for us. Not really sure what I'm trying to say expect it's shit, sorry, and hopefully something better will come up.

tomtom

• forum hero
#2546 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 20, 2020, 06:22:19 pm
Gutted for you Paul.

Worth coming back at them with another few £K? If they’re fickle enough to do that to you....

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2547 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 20, 2020, 06:23:36 pm
Paul, sorry to read that. I was wondering: in Italy you'd win the trial hands down, it seems a a typical case of pre-contractual responsibility.
Are you sure there's no remedy? Legal, I mean.

chris j

• forum abuser
#2548 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 20, 2020, 08:45:33 pm

We're (/were) buying a house. We're effectively a cash buyer. We have everything in place and searches etc. ongoing but the vendor has decided to go with someone else

Been in much the same situation,  offer accepted, full survey & searches etc done, finances etc all in place,  and the vendor had a row with her boyfriend and decided not to sell.

A couple of months later she came back and asked if we'd like to go ahead but we had settled on a different property by then. Buying property in the UK can be shit,  it's just taken a friend 6 months from offer to completion just because the next solicitor in the chain couldn't be bothered to do their job in a reasonable time. Hope it all works out for you.

Paul B

• forum hero
#2549 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 20, 2020, 08:58:09 pm
Thanks for the positive words.

What compounds the issue is that I have a job 'discussion' in a little over a week. It's for a team I know and like, doing the work I really know and like, and this time they approached me. I can't see work feeling like work.

The house was viable for the locations they needed me to be (Leeds and Manchester) whilst also being similar to where I am now (Preston). Where I am now stretches travel to those places considerably and isn't viable long term. It moves the need to move from being a desire to a necessity.

We're not relying on the sale of ours (this is the difference in value from Sheffield to Lancashire) for this which with the stamp duty (which you can recoup within 3 years) and deposit means we've got very little upward wiggle room (I guess less than 1.5%).

What I'm still baffled by is that the new offer isn't higher and isn't vetted. They haven't done the searches or survey etc. (as we have) and the vendor has no chain on the purchase they wish to make. The other party can't move quicker and aren't offering more cash so why the sudden wish to change? The agent has advised against it.

I'm tempted to behave spitefully if I'm honest. It's also Nat's birthday tomorrow so... she's taken it extra well  :chair:

Shit happens I guess  :worms:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal