UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891333 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2175 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2016, 10:49:08 am
Haynes manual for a Berlingo is available to download in pdf format from popular torrenting sites but I'd advise against doing something so illegal.

Then why mention it? :shrug:

cha1n

• forum hero
#2176 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2016, 10:54:27 am

Then why mention it? :shrug:

Some people may not mind. Personally, mine lives in the boot and has done for every car I've ever owned...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2177 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2016, 11:12:45 am
You can often get Haynes Manuals for older cars on ebay for a few pounds.

Vehicle owner forums and facebook pages can be a good source for info. Usually someone geeky on there.

Changing sparkplugs in those engines isn't a problem though ;)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#2178 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2016, 03:37:29 pm

Bollocks!
After 10 days of strong antibiotics, chills, rigours et al, I was finally feeling better yesterday.
Even managed a couple of k run and a bit of rope climbing and ring work and taught a GCSE PE class (Bouldering).
Went for a run this morning and noticed the lump on the back of my finger was itching, by lunch time it was throbbing, hurting and hot. Back to A&E.
Sent to Orthopaedics after xrays. Back on the Augmentin, scan galore booked and mutterings of "debriding", surgery for sure.

Wank buckets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2179 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2016, 10:51:18 pm
Shit Matt, how did you get the infection?

webbo

• forum hero
#2180 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 07:42:41 am

Bollocks!
After 10 days of strong antibiotics, chills, rigours et al, I was finally feeling better yesterday.
Even managed a couple of k run and a bit of rope climbing and ring work and taught a GCSE PE class (Bouldering).
Went for a run this morning and noticed the lump on the back of my finger was itching, by lunch time it was throbbing, hurting and hot. Back to A&E.
Sent to Orthopaedics after xrays. Back on the Augmentin, scan galore booked and mutterings of "debriding", surgery for sure.

Wank buckets.

Depending on which hand it is, it might have an impact on your ability to do your last statement.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2181 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 08:52:58 am
Yep. The last statement is out.

I was doing some maintenance at work, repairing pegs from the peg board, about three weeks ago.  The wooden balls on the pegs are too big to fit into the vice, so I held it in my left hand while I carefully got the 3x50 screw set with the Impact driver.
Apparently not carefully enough, because it went straight through the middle finger of my left hand, scraping the Medial Phalanx on the way but not quite breaking the skin on the anterior.
There must have been something carried to the base of the wound, because the entry has completely healed and the lump is on the anterior of the finger.
It's been three weeks and I was secretly convinced it was nothing to do with the screw and was a tumour on the bone (it's very hard and immobile) but now it's been fully CT'd the bone is normal. Next are ultra sounds to look for something soft, like a bit of wood.
If no wood, then a resistant bacteria and then they would debride. That would be a fucker as there's no "spare" flesh on a finger and it would mean taking out "working" bits or, basically, permanent disability.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2182 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 08:56:54 am
Geez, that sucks. Good luck.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#2183 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 09:50:19 am
At least you have a decent take out coffee  :(

nik at work

• forum hero
#2184 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 10:16:47 am
Fuck Matt that sounds shit.
Good luck.

webbo

• forum hero
#2185 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 11:19:29 am
Shit that's grim. Best of luck.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2186 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 11:26:04 am
or, basically, permanent disability.

on the bright side - look how psyched the paraclimbing folk are

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#2187 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2016, 04:46:29 pm
Get well soon Matt!
Anyway Tommy Caldwell climbs 9a without an entire index finger so...  ;D

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2188 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 13, 2016, 10:47:34 am
Looks like I dodged the bullet on surgery. The second round of Augmentin killed the infection and no foreign bodies were visible on the ultrasound. I have, however, shagged the tendon, leaving me with a large painful lump on the back of my finger; which means splinting for a few weeks and permanently flipping the bird to the world.
This is a huge relief, seriously; waiting a month for all the tests etc to confirm that the large lump on my hand was not a tumour (and it was one of the possibilities), has been frickin awful.
(My wife's tumour was first discovered after an abscess formed behind it and the ensuing infection made her really ill, so I'm paranoid/hypochondriac about these things now too).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the_dom

• forum abuser
    • The Blog
#2189 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 13, 2016, 11:17:22 am
Looks like I dodged the bullet on surgery.

:thumbsup:

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#2190 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 13, 2016, 07:29:29 pm
Looks like I dodged the bullet on surgery.

Good news

This is a huge relief, seriously; waiting a month for all the tests etc to confirm that the large lump on my hand was not a tumour (and it was one of the possibilities), has been frickin awful.

Understandable. I had a lump appear on a finger recently, and went sharpish to the doc to rule the tumour option out. Wasn't too bothered about what else it might be.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2191 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 13, 2016, 07:35:45 pm
Lumps can be pant-fillingly scary. I once had multiple lymph nodes swell up with no identifiable cause. In fact, I remember the NHS 24 checklist running through all the potential causes, none of which I had. The next line said "but if you have none of these symptoms, it could be cancer so go to your GP" :o

I'm glad to hear you got anything nasty ruled out. I had blood tests which came back clear....with no additional explanation. "Unexplained reaction" was the verdict.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#2192 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 14, 2016, 02:05:06 pm
YYFY then!  :2thumbsup:

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2193 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 20, 2016, 11:01:57 pm
Finally a sunny day with no plans and not too big a pile of uni work to do - off to Dunkeld for some mid-7 early season bolt clipping.

Left at a leisurely 9am, got a coffee & nice lunch for later at a deli. Wandered to the crag, chatted to some long time no see friends. Pulled out my climbing stuff.....two left shoes. Fuuuuucccckkkkk!

Erm, anyone got size 43 feet?

No?

Oh well, spent the day with my mate's size 46 Anasazi Pink and a big sock on my right foot, 43 boostic on the left. No success on the routes but a lovely day in the sun and plenty forearm pump!

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2194 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2016, 08:20:50 am
Caught up in the EasyJet French ATC flight cancellations. Currently stuck in Bilbao as flight home last night was pulled with 2 hours to go. Next flight back from here to Manchester isn't until Thursday so managed to book on to the Stansted flight tonight and will somehow work out how to get from there back to Sheffield. That's assuming the flight actually goes of course.

The pinnacle of the experience was phoning EasyJet customer service to be told that they fly from many airports in Spain such as Barcelona and Alicante. I then politely pointed out their astonishing lack of basic geography as to the distance between Bilbao and those suggested airports only to be advised its their policy to suggest other airports in the same country. Good job I'm not flying from Russia I guess.

Let's see what today brings as this extended stay is eating through my already limited annual leave.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2195 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2016, 08:34:48 am
Pulled out my climbing stuff.....two left shoes. Fuuuuucccckkkkk!

Did similar at Curbar once, had two right shoes (currently used as my avatart).

Also left my shoes at a crag in Mallorca only realising the next day at a different crag, squeezing my size 9 feet into my friends size 7 did not make for pleasant climbing.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2196 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2016, 08:43:03 am

Let's see what today brings as this extended stay is eating through my already limited annual leave.

Yeah...the airlines don't reimburse that, do they!!!  Do the French ATC folks even have a decent case or are they just being trés Francaise?

Makes my shoe thing seem even more trivial!

abarro81

• forum hero
#2197 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2016, 09:09:39 am
I'm the opposite - stuck in the UK when I should be on the way to Spain. Damn French and their strikes.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2198 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2016, 12:39:09 pm

I'm the opposite - stuck in the UK when I should be on the way to Spain. Damn French and their strikes.
amen to that. Still, currently shoving pinxtos and San Miguel down my neck so could be worse.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2199 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2016, 12:40:25 pm

Yeah...the airlines don't reimburse that, do they!!!  Do the French ATC folks even have a decent case or are they just being trés Francaise?

Makes my shoe thing seem even more trivial!
something to do with staff cuts but done in a very francais manner I guess. Only matter of time before they take the MD hostage.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal