UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891329 times)

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2125 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 27, 2016, 04:58:39 pm
The dentist in Skipton was called "My Dentist" and seemed to be taking NHS patients on without any issues in December.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#2126 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 27, 2016, 09:21:35 pm
Do the harder cicuits stick to the main left hand hand board? If so, I hope you're only using that board for both hands and feet, James.
Moose is on a final written warning for using the side wall on previous iterations.....you have been warned...

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2127 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 27, 2016, 11:57:37 pm
 :rtfm:
Do the harder cicuits stick to the main left hand hand board? If so, I hope you're only using that board for both hands and feet, James.
Moose is on a final written warning for using the side wall on previous iterations.....you have been warned...

Well that's my shakeout gone. NNFN.
Round 2 tomorrow...

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#2128 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 03, 2016, 10:32:31 pm
Had my third session on Red Baron Roof tonight and connies were good. I'm at a point now where I can definitely do it. I was absolutely nailing the cut loose move tonight, in that the cut loose has now become optional (I find it easier to swing the right heel up into position with feet off and down). I did this four times, and then fell off four times on the next move going to the arête and up it. NNFN. I don't know what I did wrong, just seemed to loose body position and drop off.

And on the last go I fell off arse first and missed the pads and landed on my coccyx. Fucking ouch.

And I've torn big lumps out of my hands such that I won't have another session for about 3 weeks.

And then I dropped my phone and cracked the screen.

NNFN

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#2129 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 06:22:41 am
Blimey! That's an entire catalogue of NNFN's mate.

Lots of sitting about for you, but even that will be uncomfortable. I wish you a speedy recovery!

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2130 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 09:27:06 am
Woken by a mouse in my suitcase in my hotel room last night at about 3am. Probably a lowercase nnfn although it did manage to get in to my bag of Liquorice Allsorts which I found a bit upsetting at the time.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#2131 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 12:09:41 pm

Woken by a mouse in my suitcase in my hotel room last night at about 3am. Probably a lowercase nnfn although it did manage to get in to my bag of Liquorice Allsorts which I found a bit upsetting at the time.

Well, leave the mouse a home next time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2132 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 12:47:22 pm

Yep, was short of space anyway, the mouse is usually a luxury as a travelling companion....

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#2133 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 01:23:14 pm

Yep, was short of space anyway, the mouse is usually a luxury as a travelling companion....

Mouse in a suitcase eating liquorice? It sounds more like a missing verse from The Owl And The Pussycat than a post in NNFN.

J.Kydd

• player
#2134 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 02:17:59 pm
My girlfriend and I do a spot of house & dog sitting for a (rather wealthy) couple when they go on holiday and get paid quite well for it.
We've been there since Sunday morning and they come back tonight.

On Sunday afternoon 2 of their 3 dogs (a Springer and a Border terrier) promptly disappeared from the garden/field and could not be found. NNFN
We then spent the entire afternoon/evening scouring the local area (rural Somerset, Quantock hills) shouting for them to no avail. NNFN
After 2 nights away, Indie the Springer has turned up home. Despite looking very sorry for herself, being a bit malnourished and sporting a sore paw she'll be fine YYFY.
Fizzy the little Border is still missing. NNFN
On Thursdays the cleaners come round. We leave the front door unlocked and they let themselves in. Except I didn't leave the door unlocked and the cleaners couldn't go in. NNFN
I am now massively, MASSIVELY in the shit with the Mrs who is the one the family have all contact with. NNFN

They are going to arrive back from holiday tonight to a house which is -1 loved family pet, and that hasn't had the usual weekly clean by their cleaners. NNFN

Fizzy the Border is still missing. NNFN

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#2135 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 02:31:59 pm
This sounds like a case for Rodney and Del Boy to sort out.

Sorry though, sounds shit.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#2136 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 03:26:19 pm

Mouse in a suitcase eating liquorice? It sounds more like a missing verse from The Owl And The Pussycat than a post in NNFN.
The owl and the pussy cat went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat. The owl found a mouse in his guitar. He ripped its head off and ate it. The cat pretended to be his friend. Then he ate the owl. He went home and shat in  flower beds. The end.
Will. This mouse ruins the story. That's why the verse was left out.

Sorry about the dog mate. I'm sure they'll say he does it a lot and it's not your fault. Perhaps he ran off because his owners called him fizzy.
Cleaner should have a key if they trust them to go everywhere in the house without a chaperone.
I think you're in the clear.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#2137 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 03:30:07 pm
May have a torn labrum in my shoulder. If i'm down the works looking like I'm trying not to murder someone, this is primarily the reason why.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2138 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 03:35:30 pm

The owl and the pussy cat went to sea in a beautiful pea green boat. The owl found a mouse in his guitar. He ripped its head off and ate it. The cat pretended to be his friend. Then he ate the owl. He went home and shat in  flower beds. The end.
Will. This mouse ruins the story. That's why the verse was left out.

Sorry about the dog mate. I'm sure they'll say he does it a lot and it's not your fault. Perhaps he ran off because his owners called him fizzy.
Cleaner should have a key if they trust them to go everywhere in the house without a chaperone.
I think you're in the clear.

Have you ever tried to handle an untrained owl?

The cat has no frikkin chance if it's anything less than a rabid Bengal Tigger on acid.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2139 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 03:45:38 pm

May have a torn labrum in my shoulder. If i'm down the works looking like I'm trying not to murder someone, this is primarily the reason why.

After taking a six week break (tendinitis) and then last night being an Arse campusing up a 45* caving ladder and doing bits from my old display team days on the 2" rope; without any sort of warm up or easing back in...
I now appear to be unable to raise my right arm higher than my shoulder without crying like a pink frilly sissy.
I also appear to be unable to raise my coffee to my lips without my arm spasming and showering myself with espresso.

The later is a serious problem.

It just doesn't taste the same when I use my left hand.

36chambers

• forum hero
#2140 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 04:11:17 pm
It's just not the same when I use my left hand.

Amen, brother.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2141 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 04, 2016, 04:53:32 pm

It's just not the same when I use my left hand.

Amen, brother.

Yes, I did rather neglect an opportunity for a "Phnarr Phnarr" there didn't I?

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#2142 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 07, 2016, 03:10:54 pm
Discussion on in situ / perma draws at Ansteys moved to a new thread: http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,26765.0.html

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2143 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 01:27:35 pm
My girlfriend and I do a spot of house & dog sitting for a (rather wealthy) couple when they go on holiday and get paid quite well for it.
We've been there since Sunday morning and they come back tonight.

On Sunday afternoon 2 of their 3 dogs (a Springer and a Border terrier) promptly disappeared from the garden/field and could not be found. NNFN
We then spent the entire afternoon/evening scouring the local area (rural Somerset, Quantock hills) shouting for them to no avail. NNFN
After 2 nights away, Indie the Springer has turned up home. Despite looking very sorry for herself, being a bit malnourished and sporting a sore paw she'll be fine YYFY.
Fizzy the little Border is still missing. NNFN
On Thursdays the cleaners come round. We leave the front door unlocked and they let themselves in. Except I didn't leave the door unlocked and the cleaners couldn't go in. NNFN
I am now massively, MASSIVELY in the shit with the Mrs who is the one the family have all contact with. NNFN

They are going to arrive back from holiday tonight to a house which is -1 loved family pet, and that hasn't had the usual weekly clean by their cleaners. NNFN

Fizzy the Border is still missing. NNFN

Scrolled down hoping there was a positve end to this, bad luck mate!

J.Kydd

• player
#2144 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 01:38:35 pm
Scrolled down hoping there was a positve end to this, bad luck mate!

Afraid not chap. Well, not as far as the dog is concerned anyway  :'(
The owners are being really good about it though, and are totally not blaming us for it. General consensus is that she's probably stuck her head down a Badger's set and won't be coming back.

By the time we went back over to the house after work Adele had calmed down a lot and we just cracked on with a few jobs before leaving. Again, owners were pretty chilled about it and we've still been paid the normal rate which is cool.

Guess we just need to see if we get asked to do it again or not...

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2145 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 06:47:36 pm
Just got a letter from the Motor Insurance Database saying our van is not on their records. Strange. Then I noticed that the registration was totally different to our (S## XYZ vs R### XYZ).

So I phoned the DVLA and it turns out, when they sent me the V948 Numberplate Authorisation Certificate they wrote the wrong bloody number on it!!!  So now I need to get new plates, change my insurance and then attempt (probably with difficulty) to claim back the additional costs. How very strange and annoying.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2146 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 06:54:57 pm
My van requires an overnight MOT stay. Looking like a pretty chunky bill. Not what I wanted right now...

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2147 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 07:08:34 pm
I'm always dreading the year that happens. What does it need?

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2148 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 07:52:14 pm
I'm not 100% sure (I stopped writing things down when list got too long...).

Tyres, quite a few ball joints, plus some other bits and pieces were mentioned.

When I say chunky it should come out - it bloody better - at less than £500 (including £100 I spend on things I know needed doing last week) but that's a third of the van's worth. Plus as I'm moving to London in three weeks I wont really get to use the fucker anyway.

It's on 118k miles so I'm just running it into the ground really.

Pretty sure the last MOT was fiddled A LOT! I didn't really trust the dealer so probably shouldn't have bought it. But having zero advisories compared to the amount that needs doing (all ware based) doesn't sit right with me given the small amount of use it's had.

Fultonius

• forum hero
    • Photos
#2149 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 09, 2016, 08:14:09 pm

Pretty sure the last MOT was fiddled A LOT! I didn't really trust the dealer so probably shouldn't have bought it. But having zero advisories compared to the amount that needs doing (all ware based) doesn't sit right with me given the small amount of use it's had.

That sucks.  A mate of mine does a fair bit of work to his own van. Had advisories on break lines and a lower suspension arm so replaced them. Next year it failed on the same things - so either they thought his workmanship was shoddy, he got duff parts or they just failed it on last year's advisories...

Either way, that was the van ready for scrap :-(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal