UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891353 times)

dave

#2075 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2015, 05:10:15 pm

Honestly, do whatever you have to do to find the best Doctor you can get and head straight to him.

How do you know it's a bloke?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2076 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2015, 06:01:31 pm
that's a bit shit, Scouse

I did my physio at the Hallamshire - starting in the pool and then working with their Lower Limb Rehab class

I was impressed with being taken seriously about what I wanted to be able to do and they actually pushed me harder than I expected

early morning appointments worked well - this seems to be when other people can't be arsed to turn up, so you get more attention and longer sessions

Lopez

• stalker
#2077 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2015, 06:18:04 pm

Honestly, do whatever you have to do to find the best Doctor you can get and head straight to him.

I don't. What's the politically correct form of addresing these type of genre ambiguity sentences nowadays? Him/Her? It? The quack?

Scouse D

• forum hero
#2078 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2015, 06:22:41 pm
Cheers everyone. I've got a follow up tomorrow to check out infection. Might get a chance to ask about it then

Andy F V2.0

• regular
#2079 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 21, 2015, 06:43:05 pm
Cheers everyone. I've got a follow up tomorrow to check out infection. Might get a chance to ask about it then

I hope you recover well. Keep the psyche up by training as soon as you can. When I mashed my ankle 18 years ago I found it hard to land safely for a long time after it had healed, so be aware the mental damage may well take longer than the physical recovery.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2080 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 22, 2015, 08:49:30 am

I don't. What's the politically correct form of addresing these type of genre ambiguity sentences nowadays? Him/Her? It? The quack?

"head straight to them?"

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#2081 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 22, 2015, 11:30:00 am

I fractured my ankle when I was 16 (quite minor really) but then went over it really badly about 10 years ago bouldering at Bowden. Since then I've been very prone to going over it, but it doesn't stop me doing anything really.

About 8 weeks ago I went over again really badly on my bike. I'm back bouldering etc. but hillwalking (i.e. getting to winter climbs) is a bit torturous just now.

Yesterday the physio had a good look at it and it turns out I have a suspected grade 3 lateral laxity. He still thinks there's not much chance a surgeon would even bother fixing it, so it's all about the balance ball for me!

Once you get to the physio stage, keep at it - it'll get there eventually!

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#2082 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 22, 2015, 12:54:53 pm
Keep the faith, so long as you get good recovery and physio as other have suggested on here, you should be fine.

I witnessed Chris Sowden back in the day doing what sounds like a pretty similar injury to yourself at the Rothwell wall and if I recall correctly, he came back pretty much as strong as before at the time.

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#2083 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 26, 2015, 02:46:50 pm
Had a bit of a sore throat Christmas eve which got steadly worse and resulted in me being admitted to hospital on Christmas day. Lots of iv drugs overnight, a massive needle to the back of the throat and now feeling much better. Has put paid to any climbing over the next few days though. Also sucked missing Christmas day with my 1 year old and the missus.

Hope everyone else had a better Christmas than I did!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#2084 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 30, 2015, 05:30:51 am
Sucks. At least the one year old was oblivious.

I'm currently not sleeping due to Storm Frank raging outside, and have been since about 2:30. And looking after kids plus trying to work from home in the morning. Should be fun.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#2085 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 30, 2015, 08:23:46 am
I'm currently not sleeping due to Storm Frank raging outside,

time to launch air strikes against Iceland - that's where Frank is being hosted

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#2086 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 30, 2015, 09:25:52 am

I'm currently not sleeping due to Storm Frank raging outside,

time to launch air strikes against Iceland - that's where Frank is being hosted

This might prove redundant.
Since the shipping forecast is predicting Force 12 (Hurricane) winds across the sea areas between Iceland and Scotland, I expect they will be a tad busy with their own worries.

I'm hoping for the best, for all of you up north. The winds here in the south are already ridiculous, keeping me awake since 5 (watching the Horse Chestnuts that loom over our house, twenty feet across the road, wildly raving like puppies on Acid).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spid3rz

• regular
#2087 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 30, 2015, 08:45:30 pm
None climbing related.. Just moved into our new house! Got Sky installed today...

He managed bang centre of the pipe!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 09:09:18 pm by spid3rz »

SA Chris

• forum hero
#2088 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 30, 2015, 08:55:07 pm
fucknidiot. Kick their asses.

Paul B

• forum hero
#2089 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 31, 2015, 10:08:46 am
Ta everyone. That's good to hear fiend. Cheers.
Will feel Shit loads better once um off these antibiotics, will be able to get more up and about.

That sucks, bad luck. All I can say is that the Ortho care I got in Sheffield (Dennison / Royston at the Northern) was top notch and you feel a lot less bad about it all when you sit in a waiting room with the motorcycle accidents held together with Meccano seeing how bad it can really get!

...and just look at Ben D if you want to look at an injury comeback!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#2090 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 31, 2015, 04:58:34 pm
None climbing related.. Just moved into our new house! Got Sky installed today...

I put a floorboard nail through a central heating pipe once. Then quickly took it out again.

One of these mistakes is worse than the other.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2091 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 31, 2015, 11:54:51 pm

I put a floorboard nail through a central heating pipe once. Then quickly took it out again.

One of these mistakes is worse than the other.

While getting the Bunker ready for opening, Polly decided to help by cutting some floorboards to locate a central heating leak.

By starting at the hole where the pipe went through.

She very carefully sawed right through the copper central heating pipe, a cold water plastic pipe and a good way into the steel gas mains pipe.

Almost simultaneously, Chris put the circular saw through a bundle of ~20 lighting cables.

It was like full damage control stations on a frigging Warship in battle for a few seconds.

And then,

distressingly,

quiet.

And

Very dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2092 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 01, 2016, 12:59:35 am
Broke my leg last Tuesday playing football. External dislocation internal fracture ie ankle  bone sticking out of leg. Currently in bed feeling Shit from being full of antibiotics fighting off some additional skin infection in the leg.
Prognosis 6 weeks non weight bearing and 6 weeks partial.
Gonna have a fucked ankle for long time.

Ouch, get well soon Dave.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#2093 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 04, 2016, 07:59:57 pm
Last night, the first ship I designed and built (M/Y Barbie) was badly (probably total) damaged when the ship moored beside it caught fire.
It feels strangely gutting.

An oddly personal loss.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=_IUBe9a-VTU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sxrxg

• obsessive maniac
#2094 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 07, 2016, 06:58:58 am
Went back to work on Monday siked to knuckle down and work hard now I have finished the majority of my university assignments, also really felt ready to get back to a decent amount of climbing with having more free time in the evenings. I was especially glad to be feeling well after my hospitalisation over christmas, instead I got a tickly sore throat coming back on Monday that turned into being unable to breath, swallow etc over a 5 hour period when going to bed Monday night. Ended up in A and E early tuesday morning and now I'm currently hooked up to iv antibiotics and steroids 3 days later. Shit way to start the new year, hopefully this time though they will get to the bottom of it (had an MRI scan so they seem to be taking things more seriously this time) and stop it coming back again even if this means a small op.

This is now the longest break I have had from climbing in over 5 years. Anyone got any tips for when I can get back to it?

Finally sorry for the rant, I am usually a lurker and not much of a poster (unless I feel I have very specific knowledge on a subject) just very bored in hospital and needed the rant!

Lopez

• stalker
#2095 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 07, 2016, 07:34:14 am
I'm currently hooked up to iv (...) steroids 3 days later.

Get on that finger/campus board pronto!  :weakbench:

tomtom

• forum hero
#2096 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 07, 2016, 07:55:53 am
That doesn't sound any fun :( I'm often surprised how quickly 80-90% of my climbing ability comes back after a great. That last 5-10% takes a while - but does come back...

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#2097 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 07, 2016, 08:20:28 am
Bad shit Ste! I suppose the answer to your questions is probably, when you feel up to it! I had bronchitis or something similar that saw me off work for nearly three months (and unable to do anything meaningful for a month) a few of years ago. Once I felt up for it, a couple of short tester sessions helped me assess when I was well enough. Good luck man!

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#2098 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 07, 2016, 09:57:21 am
Get well soon mate!

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2099 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 09, 2016, 10:20:12 am
I got told yesterday that I'm moving to London again in March for 6 months. That's two spring/summers in a row now.

Perfect way to not climb much again and fuck up my savings.

Why isn't Malham down south?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal