UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891304 times)

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#1950 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 07:27:13 am
Got up to go for a piss in the night, passed out after two steps and whacked my head on the floor. Came round straight away but have niggled my shoulder too  :(

tomtom

• forum hero
#1951 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 07:37:48 am
There's a fucking Xmas tree up in the pub!

Blimey. And theres me thinking David Hameron had a bad day...

dave

#1952 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 08:23:16 am

Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1953 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 09:41:22 am

which pub?

rich d

• forum hero
#1955 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 10:08:09 am

a dense loner

• forum hero
#1956 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 10:14:26 am
Oh my lord, nothing for the Sheffield clique to worry about though the pubs in sunny Oldham  :doubt:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1957 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 10:19:04 am
thank goodness

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1958 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 10:30:34 am
Got up to go for a piss in the night, passed out after two steps and whacked my head on the floor. Came round straight away but have niggled my shoulder too  :(

Not wise! You been for a checkup?

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#1959 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 11:36:06 am

Not wise! You been for a checkup?
thinking about popping down the docs later, yes. Developed a bit of a sore neck now too, closest I can equate it to is taking a bit hit falling on my snowboard in the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
#1960 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 04:12:50 pm
I've passed out having a piss before. Woken up lying flat on my back in a locked bathroom with my Hampton still out...  Was very confusing for a minute or two.

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#1961 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 22, 2015, 04:55:10 pm
Luckily the lad was still in the barracks. But very confusing as you say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

filz

• addict
#1962 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 01:28:19 pm
I've passed out a couple of times or three, always without consequences except a few bruises.

Last time at a wedding party.
I woke up surrounded by doctors (both the bride and the groom are doctors, so a lot guests were too) and with Nibs and another friend  holding my legs high... Doctors' suggestion.

In my defense I hadn't yet drank anything yet, and I had to spend the party completely sober  :'(

Oh and after the first time I stopped locking the bathroom door!

bigtuboflard

• forum abuser
#1963 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 01:46:37 pm
I'll try and remember the legs thing next time then. Or, more accurately, I might tell my other half about it so she can do it whilst i am flat out!

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1964 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 03:48:12 pm
Only happened to me once, on exiting a cafe in Rotterdam ...  :whistle:

filz

• addict
#1965 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 03:56:58 pm
The general suggestion is, if you feel you are going to faint, lay down with your legs raised to encourage blood flow to the brain.
In this way you probably won't faint.

But I've never been conscious long enough to put it into practice  ;).

danm

• junky
#1966 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 04:50:06 pm
With a couple of days left to go of my DWS holiday in Mallorca, I picked up a bit of lurgey (thanks Sam) and have ended up with one completely blocked ear. I have zero hearing on that side, an unpleasant on-off ringing/roaring noise and a bit of vertigo. Perfect preparation for a week in the Verdon starting on Saturday! Went to the pharmacy who said go to my GP, went there but can only get an appointment with a practice nurse, who and I quote "can have a look but can't syringe it or anything." Anyone know a good witch doctor/got any old wives tales with a cure I can try before now and Saturday?  :boohoo:

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1967 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 04:52:11 pm

Whack to the head = trip to the doctors. No ifs, no buts. ESPECIALLY if you passed out!

erm, sam

• forum hero
#1968 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 04:58:24 pm
Anyone know a good witch doctor/got any old wives tales with a cure I can try before now and Saturday?

When I have had this I have just had to wait it out. It has taken 1 or 2 weeks to return to normal previously.. The "drying drops" and stuff didn't seem to make any difference..

tomtom

• forum hero
#1969 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 05:18:16 pm
With a couple of days left to go of my DWS holiday in Mallorca, I picked up a bit of lurgey (thanks Sam) and have ended up with one completely blocked ear. I have zero hearing on that side, an unpleasant on-off ringing/roaring noise and a bit of vertigo. Perfect preparation for a week in the Verdon starting on Saturday! Went to the pharmacy who said go to my GP, went there but can only get an appointment with a practice nurse, who and I quote "can have a look but can't syringe it or anything." Anyone know a good witch doctor/got any old wives tales with a cure I can try before now and Saturday?  :boohoo:

Blocked on the outside (wax) or inside (due to cold etc..) - if the latter any amount of syringing/things you stick in your ears will do nothing... If the former then get stuff for waxed up ears.

Be careful though - as a doctor once told a friend of mine "the smallest thing you should try and stick in your ears is your elbow"....

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1970 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 05:27:15 pm
I've heard a couple of drops of warm olive oil can remove wax blockage? Could be worse though, could be ear infection or labyrinthitis.

measles23

• stalker
#1971 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 07:05:07 pm
Anyone know a good witch doctor/got any old wives tales with a cure I can try before now and Saturday?  :boohoo:

If its as a result of a cold it will be blockage to the Eustachian tube as a result of nasal congestion - no amount of ear drops will make a difference.. Might hurt like fuck if it hasn't cleared before you fly

Best is to ask a pharmacist for an over-the-counter nasal decongestant, ideally a xylometazoline based one such as otrivine or pseudoephedrine such as Sudafed (also useful for crystal meth production unless you want the proper blue stuff ala WW..) (on that theme by far the most potent nasal decongestant is cocaine..)

Nasal drops are difficult to do well - follow the instructions and give it a good couple of minutes in one of the approved positions - the ET is way back so the drops have got to get in deep.

Traditional steam inhalation with Vicks or menthol works well too..

Not being a witch doctor, my usual fee of £777.77 applies..

petejh

• forum hero
#1972 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 07:09:16 pm

Otex Express.

I used this stuff last year when I had a blocked ear and it sorted the problem. There's also Earex Advance which I tried but it didn't work.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1973 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 08:39:18 pm
Sudafed have moved away from the good stuff because of that as Measles mentioned, but Boots own brand non-drowsy decongestant tablets are still a decent dose of pseudoephedrine hydrochloride - over the counter only, at Boots obviously

stack it with some caffeine and aspirin and you'll be flying

my fee is as Measles, but add 30% for good luck

tomtom

• forum hero
#1974 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 23, 2015, 09:27:30 pm
Is there anything small/short term doses of Coke aren't good for? Except things that require you to be quiet or sit still etc..?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal