UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891287 times)

thekettle

• menacing presence
    • johnkettle.com
#1850 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 17, 2015, 07:21:18 pm
Audible 'snap' from my A2 today at St Bees 10 minutes into the warm-up in perfect spring conditons.. it was the last session of a perodised training cycle, next week was full rest, now it's rehab till the end of July  :'(
I was in such good shape too!  :furious:
And yesterday I screwed 26 new crimps onto the garage woody  :boohoo:
 :shit: :shit: :shit:

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1851 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 18, 2015, 12:25:46 pm
Audible 'snap' from my A2 today at St Bees 10 minutes into the warm-up in perfect spring conditons.. it was the last session of a perodised training cycle, next week was full rest, now it's rehab till the end of July  :'(

That sucks. It's always when you think you're going well.  I'm nursing a tender (but not too bad) A2. First one I've had in years and first time I've focussed on training in years - go figure!

Non bouldering NNFN for me. Drove down the valley yesterday to get a few things from the DIY store. On the way back I decided to give the van and "Italian Tune Up" by sitting at 4000rpm for 10 minutes while climbing the moderate hill back up the valley. So busy thinking about that I forgot the speed limit change and gut pulled by the Gendarme at 124 in a 90. That was an expensive rip to the shops.  :wall:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1852 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 18, 2015, 02:58:04 pm
One shouldn't laugh at that, but...........

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1853 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 18, 2015, 03:13:42 pm
I hope you mean the speeding and not the A2, becuase if it's the A2 you're descending to sloper levels of cuntishness.

The speeding, laugh away - fair cop for being a fanny!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1854 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 18, 2015, 03:37:04 pm
@ the speeding obviously, fanny :P

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#1855 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 20, 2015, 05:46:02 pm
In Golden, Denver visiting GF at the start of a three week trip, went snowboarding for the first time which was a bit of a YYFY. Obviously fell over quite a lot and strained my rib muscles, which the internet suggests takes ages to heal from! NNFN!

mindfull

• menacing presence
    • Blog
#1856 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 20, 2015, 06:40:13 pm
RX en echo of the shoulder: tendinose and a tear :( Probably surgery and injections ...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#1857 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 20, 2015, 08:50:53 pm

Sorry to hear that John! Wishing you a speedy recovery mate.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1858 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 21, 2015, 09:11:08 am
strained my rib muscles, which the internet suggests takes ages to heal from! NNFN!

Give it a few days, might go away, and not be as serious as you think. Where were you riding?

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1859 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 21, 2015, 11:00:21 am
Biceps tenosynovitis versus need for Slap repair of shoulder. Time to invest in physiotherapy. Poor resolution means mri steroid or heaven forbid surgery after the summer biking season
 It's just one thing after another. Damn my failed immortality

Muenchener

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1860 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 21, 2015, 12:15:06 pm
In Golden, Denver visiting GF at the start of a three week trip, went snowboarding for the first time which was a bit of a YYFY. Obviously fell over quite a lot and strained my rib muscles, which the internet suggests takes ages to heal from! NNFN!

i've never strained my ribs/intercostals as such, but have bruised them quite painfully twice in the last couple of years. Once by dropping a kettlebell on them, once by taking a tumble snowboarding and landing on my avy beacon. (Didn't do the beacon any good either  :()

In both cases I was back to pretty much normal functioning within a few weeks, but there were specific exercises I couldn't do without pain for months afterwards. For example the snowboarding incident was in February, and I still can't do any explosive pulling exercises - campusing etc. But otherwise I can climb and do everything else pretty much as usual.

Andy W

• forum abuser
    • http://andywhall.com/
#1861 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 21, 2015, 11:24:39 pm
strained my rib muscles, which the internet suggests takes ages to heal from! NNFN!

Give it a few days, might go away, and not be as serious as you think. Where were you riding?
It was Loveland. Nice place, new snow and great experience for a longtime surfer, first time snow boarder. Ribs are getting better, lots of ice and ibuprofen. Maybe not as bad as I thought. Still find getting of the bed painful though.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1862 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 22, 2015, 10:27:13 am
A place close to my heart. In the closing days of the winter season they copped an unusual foot or so of snow, which we scored midweek with only a couple of dozen other people, rode fresh all day long, just glorious. Then went to Arapahoe Basin the next day for the same.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1863 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 22, 2015, 04:52:01 pm
Biceps tenosynovitis versus need for Slap repair of shoulder. Time to invest in physiotherapy. Poor resolution means mri steroid or heaven forbid surgery after the summer biking season
 It's just one thing after another. Damn my failed immortality

Another big up for meadowhead physiotherapy. Biceps unlikely to be in the tear. Excerises make me feel sick... But avoiding surgery is a possibility... Thats my pre work exercise programme sorted for the foreseeable future then... You know it's gonna be harsh when you are told " you may  want to ice it when you home"

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1864 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 22, 2015, 05:36:45 pm
Sorry to hear that Fatdoc. Hopefully you'll soon be able to get out bumbling at Burbage by way of rehab.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1865 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 10:31:37 am
Fucked both elbows in a weekend.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#1866 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 10:38:59 am
Tennis?

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1867 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 11:39:25 am

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1868 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 11:43:01 am
Jokes apart, no it's not tennis. I feel it as being more joint related than tendon related. Some flexion angles are really painful just to hold and everything seems a bit stiff and maybe even swollen.
It's in the back of the elbow, mainly between the point of the elbow and the epicondilus, where the soft tissue is.
It's horrible, it hurt to just wash my face this morning.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#1869 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 05:06:32 pm
BUmmer.  Cause?  too strong for real rock nowadays? 

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1870 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 08:47:56 pm
sounds like you may be overdoing it Lore. Perhaps a couple of weeks off will sort it

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1871 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 04, 2015, 11:13:50 pm
I don't know, the right one was a bit achey sometimes, but the left one was fine.
It's mainly the extension that's painful, like when you pull a t-shirt off over your head, and some flexion angles.
I felt something on last session, pushing down on a hold with the right arm to stay put, but again, left one was fine.
Strangely enough, I had taken a week off completely due to my second gluteus strain.
I will go to the ostheo in ten days but hopefully it will be better by then. Climbing was fine, no pain at all though.
I will do some theraband stuff and see how it goes.
Dammit.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#1872 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 09, 2015, 11:33:46 pm
Descending a steep rocky footpath yesterday and a big chunk of the path gave way with me on it...sprained wrist, two cracked ribs...bastard!

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1873 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 10, 2015, 09:52:00 am
Ouch! Bad news, sorry about that! Get well soon!

DAVETHOMAS90

• forum hero
  • Dave Thomas is an annual climber to 1.7m, with strongly fragrant flowers
  • Don't die with your music still inside you ;)
#1874 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 10, 2015, 11:12:47 am
Jokes apart, no it's not tennis. I feel it as being more joint related than tendon related. Some flexion angles are really painful just to hold and everything seems a bit stiff and maybe even swollen.
It's in the back of the elbow, mainly between the point of the elbow and the epicondilus, where the soft tissue is.
It's horrible, it hurt to just wash my face this morning.

Hi Lore.

Just wondering.. sounds similar to something I've had problems with over the years. I have the option of an operation on my right elbow. There is a bone spur which, at full extension, impinges on my triceps tendon, causing pain, obviously.

At other times, the point of my elbow - where the bone spur is - can be very sensitive, often with a bursa there too. Occasionally this flares up for no apparently particular reason, but can be painful enough to stop me sleeping.

Could what you have be similar?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal