• forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#1400 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 08, 2013, 09:01:10 am
 :( RIP grubescat2

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#1401 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 08, 2013, 11:13:25 am
Sad, very sad.

Are we the only species that becomes so attached to another species that we make them a member of our family?

I know I do.
When I picture my family, the dog and the cat are there too; it would not be the same family without them.

psychomansam

• forum hero
#1402 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 14, 2013, 09:36:07 am
Lower back. Nuff said.  :thumbsdown:

galpinos

• forum hero
#1403 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 24, 2013, 10:34:28 am
Both my and my wife's bikes pinched from the shed over the weekend.

Not impressed.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1404 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 24, 2013, 10:37:17 am

Not impressed.

Thats not good news :( a couple of weeks ago we had some pcso's knocking on saying there were shed break ins on the rise down this way..

galpinos

• forum hero
#1405 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 24, 2013, 11:28:43 am
We're an end terrace and the way the gated alleys are laid out means they have to climb into our yard to get to everyone else's yard, so they start with us. Next door seemed fine, two doors down had their bikes thrown over the wall but they're are less bling than ours so I can only assume they had a limited number of bikes they could get away with.

They're insured (I think, the missus is checking) but my main concern is that when we replace them, they'll come back and nick them again unless I turn the yard into Fort Knox, something I'm not keen on.

The other, really annoying thing is the missus' bike going. It took ages to find a decent hardtail that she liked and that model is discontinued.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1406 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 24, 2013, 11:35:55 am
Yup thats shit :( Friend in York had two v good bikes stolen from her garage, so she went to town on security - and 6 months later they got in by taking bricks out of the wall to make a hole large enough to get in/out...

Like you say, the problem is they know where they came from and proably think in 6 months lets have another look and see what they've replaced them with...

SamT

• forum hero
#1407 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 24, 2013, 01:11:01 pm

:furious:

definitely on the rise around sharrow since about the week before christmas. seems like everyone on our street has had some 'attention' of late.

Someone smashed a neighbors car window in right outside our bay window to grab sommat from the front seat in broad daylight and right in front of a different neighbor who was just walking up the road.  Only consolation was he comically turned to run and hit a lamppost there.  Hope his graze gets infected badly.

Just seems to be a game of 'waiting for our turn' which is depressing.  Considering a small web cam esque cctv camera.
Deterrent or Attraction -  :shrug:  will they just think we have something worth stealing.

On a more positive note.  Left the car boot wide open on the main harbour front in Tobemory whilst on hol at half term.  We were gone over two hours and nobody had touched a thing.  Phew.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1408 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 24, 2013, 01:16:29 pm
I've done that surfing at Watergate Bay. In such a rush to get in the water, left passenger door wide open, with wallet, phone laptop under parcelshelf in boot. Guess folk assume you are nearby!

You can get little CCTVs for very little money. Set it up where they would need a rope to access; eaves of roof etc.

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1409 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 02, 2013, 04:15:12 pm
First day bouldering outdoors in 2 months and I've crunched a finger. Had my left hand in a slot which apparently is quite a good jam if you try and move too quickly before removing said fingers from said slot. CRUNCH is the noise it made.

Ferk!

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#1410 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 02, 2013, 10:17:22 pm

Not impressed.

>:(

Oh no... Bastards

catbreath

#1411 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 04, 2013, 06:25:34 pm
Was having my first proper (indoor) bouldering session last night after a two week period of gentle climbs to give my fingers a break. Was having a great time on all the new routes flashing V3's and whatnot which is fab progress for me, until about two hours in I noticed I had a blind spot right in the middle of my left eye. Thought it was time to go, so I left and then over the next forty minutes it changed into a scintillating squiggle that spread and grew until it disappeared off the left side of my vision. Vision was fine after and doc said it was probably nothing serious but gave me a bit of a fright and kinda ruined the night  >:(

fried

• forum hero
#1412 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 04, 2013, 07:43:51 pm
Sounds like a migraine aura, I had the same thing about 6 years ago and I thought I was a gonna, keep calm they sometimes happen in clusters.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1413 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 25, 2013, 03:40:56 pm
Grr.. just had the numbing email notification that a Nature submission I lead authored has been rejected.
One good review, but the other reviewer was "the worst person it could have gone to". They spent 4000 words bitterly tearing us apart (we only had 2000 for the fecking article itself). My publising nemesis has struck again and prevented a possible career high.

Tits^10.

Back to revisit an old one I'm afraid... following the above we managed to haggle to make changes and re-submit for re-review.. 4000 words of supp material later and 6 months work... leading to it being resubmitted AND...

we just had the 'Dear John' f*ck off letter from the Editor...

Bah. Reformat and re-submit... yadayadayada...

An update on the saga...

Just been accepted with minor revisions to PLOSone - every cloud has a silver whatsitsface etc.,.. :)

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
#1414 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 28, 2013, 10:44:05 am

An update on the saga...

Just been accepted with minor revisions to PLOSone - every cloud has a silver whatsitsface etc.,.. :)

Nice one Tomtom

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#1415 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 22, 2013, 10:22:18 am
Digital car radio and 6 CD changer stolen out of my car last night! They m,ade a righrt mess of the dash trying to get into the glove box as well. Dirty little rats.

Who th f**k steals car stereos in 2013?!?!?   :furious:

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#1416 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 22, 2013, 10:28:17 am
Fckin little bastards! Got eat some cheese, that'll cheer you up. nom nom.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#1417 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 22, 2013, 12:03:07 pm
Scum bags.
Sorry dude.

JamieG

• forum hero
#1418 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 22, 2013, 01:14:09 pm
Got broken into on Tuesday night. They stole the wife's bike, laptop, iPad, camera and backpack. Woke up mid-burglary and chased one out the house. Stood in the middle of the road in my boxers and watched five or six of them run off into night. Looks like the managed to get in through a window and then opened the front door.

After the Police had been around, I went for a wander and found the wife's back-pack dumped on the pavement, they managed to miss her purse and passport (small relief). Hopefully our insurance is going to cover it all, but has left us both pretty shaken.

Bloody useless dogs didn't make a peep until they started barking at the Police!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1419 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 22, 2013, 01:30:41 pm
Bummer all round. hope you both have good insurance to cover it, and laptop and CD changer are well backed up, so you don't lose anything critical.

willackers

• junky
    • Vimeo
#1420 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 22, 2013, 02:51:28 pm
Got broken into on Tuesday night. They stole the wife's bike, laptop, iPad, camera and backpack. Woke up mid-burglary and chased one out the house. Stood in the middle of the road in my boxers and watched five or six of them run off into night. Looks like the managed to get in through a window and then opened the front door.

After the Police had been around, I went for a wander and found the wife's back-pack dumped on the pavement, they managed to miss her purse and passport (small relief). Hopefully our insurance is going to cover it all, but has left us both pretty shaken.

Bloody useless dogs didn't make a peep until they started barking at the Police!

That's awful, sounds like that could have turned nasty, glad you're both ok.

When I spoke to the insurance and police this morning they informed that there had been two other similar incidents near my house last night, sounds like they were on a bit of a mission. Luckily it sounds like my insurance are covering it, although I still have to fork out the £200 excess, £200 for getting my stereo nicked, great.

They need their fu**ing hands chopping off, it's disgusting. 

Paul B

• forum hero
#1421 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 30, 2013, 08:15:18 pm
Last night we walked up to bivi beneath Lurking Fear with half of the water we're going to require (50 litres total, that's more than Nat weighs). We arrived to find that a righteous climber had decided that they'd empty out our water and gatorade that was left at the base of the climb a few days before when we bailed due to heat (at the time I was dry heaving and couldn't stand up without feeling dizzy).

What really bothers me about this is that they'd chosen not to empty out (and deal with) 20-30 litres of country style lemonade that's clearly been abandoned for the entire summer (it smells of degrading bottle / chemicals) and they also decided to leave our bottles where they were. As 'garbage' is deemed a bear attractant (and that's what they were effectively punishing us for) that makes zero sense. (We filled two day-packs with rubbish and carried them out on the day we fixed lines).

They also decided to have a look in our haul bag to check we hadn't left anything else in there (despite being in a state we'd remembered to remove all foods, scented bin bags etc.). They didn't find it necessary to re-close the storm closure though.

You can't access the base (or it is very unlikely) without using a technically 'illegal' fixed line. One of which is ruined and dangerous but I'm assuming that as these lines served a purpose to them, that law wasn't quite as important.

Oh, and I know this wasn't a bear as they left a note, written on fingertape on one of the bottles.

So, I ended up jugging and hauling our food and the remaining (freshly carried up) water by headtorch. On the plus side the fact I was fuming meant it went 1:1 and at speed!

/rant

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#1422 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 17, 2013, 03:59:04 pm
Finally fixed my split tips after 2 weeks and took a rest day today in order to have an early morning raid to the pass to make the most of the brief weather window and finish of diesel power... Only to find out today, whilst reading about the Tour of Britain, that it is closed all day from 2am-7pm for the cyclists to pass through...on the one morning I had available for a while...  :thumbsdown:

Grubes

• forum hero
  • Fat and Weak
#1423 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 21, 2013, 05:16:30 am
Got caught speeding on a country road in Canada ..
122 km/hr in an 80 ... Though the speed limit was 100 ... So still fuct
$317 fine ... If I don't pay it and get stopped in Ontario one night in prison fine and car impounded ..
I now have a suspended Ontario driving licence ... I did not even take a test ...
Fuck !!!
Apparently if I was doing 8 km/hr faster I would be in prison tonight and band from driving

AndyR

• forum hero
#1424 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 21, 2013, 07:47:26 am
Got caught speeding on a country road in Canada ..
122 km/hr in an 80 ... Though the speed limit was 100 ... So still fuct

Oh bollocks - where was that?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal