UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891336 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#1025 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 28, 2012, 11:51:46 am
twenty-fuc*****g-seven degrees today. rain tomorrow. no waves.

andy popp

• forum hero
#1026 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 28, 2012, 12:29:16 pm
Ask for feedback - official and unofficial... all experience - and competition for even shortlisting is intense nowadays from what I look at..

Too true - I recently failed to get shortlisted for a job I was specifically invited to apply for by people who know me and my work very well. They just received a stellar field and I lost out (they shortlisted three, I was fourth).

I wouldn't despair Paul, you say if anyone would take a punt on you it would be that panel, but it sounds as though there was just a candidate closer to the required spec. Its one of the oddities of the academic world; fields are small, people know each other, favours are done sometimes but it can be very pragmatic and unsentimental and job requirements extremely specific. Doesn't mean a panel that knows you much less well won't see you as what they need. Can be good to get out from supervisors coat-tails too.

Doesn't mean it isn't disappointing of course.

tomtom

• forum hero
#1027 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 28, 2012, 05:15:49 pm
Ask for feedback - official and unofficial... all experience - and competition for even shortlisting is intense nowadays from what I look at..

Too true - I recently failed to get shortlisted for a job I was specifically invited to apply for by people who know me and my work very well. They just received a stellar field and I lost out (they shortlisted three, I was fourth).

I wouldn't despair Paul, you say if anyone would take a punt on you it would be that panel, but it sounds as though there was just a candidate closer to the required spec. Its one of the oddities of the academic world; fields are small, people know each other, favours are done sometimes but it can be very pragmatic and unsentimental and job requirements extremely specific. Doesn't mean a panel that knows you much less well won't see you as what they need. Can be good to get out from supervisors coat-tails too.

Besides you never know what happens in an interview. We interviewed for two jobs last week - and for one the three interviewees came accross comletely differently than on paper. According to applications, there was one outstanding applicant, but with some gentle probing it became clear they were not right etc.. and the surprise came from the seemingly very capable outsider (on paper..)

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#1028 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 28, 2012, 09:33:35 pm

Andy, may I say something you posted to me on here... Don't get pushed.... Consider big moves only if pulled. Really helped me...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#1029 Re: NNFN!!!!
April 28, 2012, 09:41:09 pm
She went back into the hospice yesterday.

She can't eat.

I kept trying to put something in the blog.

I can't.

SpanishJuan

• obsessive maniac
  • two dumplings short of a stew
  • punter
#1030 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 21, 2012, 10:37:56 am
NFN..., stuck in bed for the third day after doing something freaky to my back on friday. For some reason when i'm laying flat on my back it feels like my legs are crossed I go to move them and realise they are both straight. and for some reason my right knee hurts like hell as well as my back. 

battery

• obsessive maniac
#1031 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 21, 2012, 05:30:36 pm
Working for a company which is supposedly keen to invest in its staff and provide CPD. Been asking for project management training since I started, formal CPD programme has been put in place, project management training seems a bit surplus to requirements as I've now been doing the job to 3 years so asked for a specific course around people management and communication. Got told they can't afford to have me out of the office for three days, that it is too expensive and that line management isn't part of my responsibilities. Line management isn't but contracting and briefing freelances is and it's a PEOPLE management course, not LINE management. What's the point in having an all singing all dancing CPD programme if you're not willing to let the staff out of the office to do anything!

Needed to rant here before my head exploded.  :furious:

horn

• regular
#1032 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 26, 2012, 01:48:00 pm
NFN..., stuck in bed for the third day after doing something freaky to my back on friday. For some reason when i'm laying flat on my back it feels like my legs are crossed I go to move them and realise they are both straight. and for some reason my right knee hurts like hell as well as my back.

Shit man, sounds like a disc pressing on a nerve. Get it seen to asap and good luck!

lukeh

• addict
#1033 Re: NNFN!!!!
May 26, 2012, 07:51:51 pm
Spent the day in the bike saddle rather than climbing to give my elbows some time off...

Am now sat on the sofa with frozen peas on my knee. Bugger.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1034 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 03, 2012, 04:49:47 pm
went to the roof today, and found the crucial hold - the pinch - on the roof direct, modified. there used to be a pebble on the lip that made it very hard to hold, and now it's gone, leaving a flat, incut lip that you can bone down with no problem.
this is what happens when you give too much publicity to a place. I knew it was only a matter of time. I should have spoken my mind when I felt it coming. I knew that every idiot from the galaxy would have come to try big numbers, and for sure one of these idiots thought that after all pulling away that pebble was legit to claim the problem.
now I've lost all the desire to get back there and finish my project topping it out. the move is sensibly easier now, and I don't know if trying to restore it with some sika drops is a good idea. of course despite looking around for a while I could not find the broken bit anywhere.
there are some poor souls out there.

Stenno

#1035 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 06, 2012, 02:44:41 pm
NNFN, first proper injury just as I was feeling strong. A2 pulleys on left ring and right middle fingers, probably overtraining.

My first post on here, sorry it's a negative one. Found this board looking for some injury advice and there's some great banter on here so thanks for the cheering up lads.  :icon_beerchug:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1036 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 06, 2012, 03:46:56 pm
went to the roof today, and found the crucial hold - the pinch - on the roof direct, modified........there are some poor souls out there.

Kind of you to call them poor souls, I would opt for Cunts.

Gutted for you.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1037 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 06, 2012, 08:00:47 pm
thanks Chris.

mark s

• junky
#1038 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 10, 2012, 12:00:06 pm
my 14 month old daughter squeeled with joy at the sight of a horse....
i really dont want this,going have to start telling her they are bred for meat and the people riding them are taking them the slaughter house.
there no way she going get in with the horsey set

tomtom

• forum hero
#1039 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 10, 2012, 12:53:39 pm
Start on a course of showing her steam trains, tractors, fire engines and diggers :)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1040 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 10, 2012, 01:46:35 pm

there no way she going get in with the horsey set

I Would start aversion therapy now.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#1041 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 10, 2012, 08:22:13 pm
went to the roof today, and found the crucial hold - the pinch - on the roof direct, modified........there are some poor souls out there.

Kind of you to call them poor souls, I would opt for Cunts.

Gutted for you.

Shit Lore. That is fucking terrible. I agree, total cunts.

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#1042 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 05:40:45 am
6 am, 29 degrees?

tomtom

• forum hero
#1043 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 07:50:21 am
6 am, 29 degrees?

At least it's not raining! (I assume)

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#1044 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 02:52:30 pm
Well, I always had myself down as a mix of Jude Law and a young Clint eatswood.

Toady, some cunt selling Gas/Electric stopped me and penciled me in as a dead ringer for Kenny Everett  :(

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1045 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 03:01:54 pm
Toady, some cunt selling Gas/Electric stopped me and penciled me in as a dead ringer for Kenny Everett  :(

were you bumming nick at the time? people often don't see past the behaviour in these circumstances

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#1046 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 03:15:08 pm
Not this time. Taking fucking liberties if you ask me. Bradford shopping Arcade at lunchtime.  Minding my own business, flouncing about as per, don't even think I was still suggestively crossing and recrossing my legs. :shrug:

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1047 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 03:25:22 pm
were you wearing a fucking huge pair of foam hands?

tomtom

• forum hero
#1048 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 05:04:25 pm
were you wearing a fucking huge pair of foam hands?

While bumming Nik?

Skills.

Wood FT

• forum hero
#1049 Re: NNFN!!!!
June 20, 2012, 06:27:26 pm
On the bumming tip - bit of NNFN as I had an inverted fall last night, punctured my left buttock on a cheedale knob and hurt my back leading to rapey blood stains on my slacks and much hillarity at my cost (after initial concern), YYFY it wasn't my coccyx but i'll be out for a week or so  :thumbsdown:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal