UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891271 times)

Dolly

• forum hero
#575 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 25, 2010, 04:33:03 pm
How can you mistake a pulled inter costal with pleurisy by the way??????

I don't know TBH. Isn't viral pleurisy usually a diagnosis by default ? - ie describe symptoms, symptoms seem to fit those of pleurisy so therefore its probably pleurisy. By diagnosis by default I mean AFAIK there are no definitive tests for it, so its a case of ruling out other things ?

Having said all that I went to see Jenny at Meadowhead Physiotherapy last night which was very interesting. She's been spot on every time either I or the boss have been, so thought it was worth a go. After looking at me breathe from various angles and then breathing with my arms in different positions she thought it looked like a) it might be something to do with the thoracic vertebrae and b) I only breathe with the top of my chest.

She worked her way up the vertebrae manipulating each one,  then when she got to the 9th it killed - I nearly jumped off the couch. Not sure if that's the cause or symptom or just tied in with the whole thing (I know for example that the outer pleural membrane is connected/related to the intercostals)
If its the cause then it could explain the pain (nerves and muscles) as well as the breathlessness and tiredness.
Seemed to make sense to me -especially when she suggested I should try gentle climbing again (see YYFY thread :)
Also got some breathing exercises to do to see how that changes things.

Anyway I'll go back in 10 days time to assess the pain/mobility etc. For now I'm very happy to take that and see where I get to. 

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#576 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 25, 2010, 08:03:10 pm
b) I only breathe with the top of my chest.

Guess what form of exercise can help with that? :)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#577 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 25, 2010, 09:19:55 pm

Campussing!  :P

Dolly

• forum hero
#578 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 25, 2010, 10:12:48 pm
Quote from: SA Chris on Today at 08:03:10 pm

Quote from: Dolly on Today at 04:33:03 pm

OMG I think he means the Y word  :o
Does that mean I'll become even weaker than I am ATM ?

SA Chris

• forum hero
#579 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 26, 2010, 10:37:46 am
Quote from: SA Chris on Today at 08:03:10 pm

Quote from: Dolly on Today at 04:33:03 pm

OMG I think he means the Y word  :o
Does that mean I'll become even weaker than I am ATM ?

Word on the Y word.

Might make you a bit weaker, but may also improve your stamina if learn to breathe properly.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#580 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 08, 2010, 05:40:59 am
at the airport at 5:15am and the flight is canceled! Seems im not going to china this week. Still, it is/was a work trip, so could be worse...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#581 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 08, 2010, 08:58:42 am
at the airport at 5:15am and the flight is canceled! Seems im not going to china this week. Still, it is/was a work trip, so could be worse...

You should tweet something about them having to sort their shit out or else

erm, sam

• forum hero
#582 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 08, 2010, 01:02:54 pm
Little did I realise I would be waiting in a queue for 5.5 HOURS to rebook the flight. Sheesh. The grumpy ineffectual staff really made it entertaining, though the nice lady behind the desk who spent 5.5 hrs rebooking people was very nice...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#583 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 08, 2010, 01:19:40 pm
though the nice lady behind the desk who spent 5.5 hrs rebooking people was very nice...

People who do jobs like that are amazingly good at biting their tongue, there's a good reason I don't work in customer services, because most people would be seeing

erm, sam

• forum hero
#584 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 08, 2010, 09:51:44 pm
I guess the long stayers are good at it, but the low skill crowd guidance peeps are just in it cos its a job near where they live with flexible hours, I assume.
I found a new basic job today that sets a standard for no skills employment: Keeping two queues seperate and advising people which queue was the one for them. That is a basic job. Even more amazingly, over the course of an hour I watched somebody who couldn't even do this job well! Amazing low skill levels on show.

I was a long time outdoor shop drone and I actually am really good at sorting people out, being helpful and that. I used to take particular pleasure in being really especially nice and helpful to rude tosspots. Passed the time I guess.

tomtom

• forum hero
#585 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 09, 2010, 11:30:36 am
though the nice lady behind the desk who spent 5.5 hrs rebooking people was very nice...

People who do jobs like that are amazingly good at biting their tongue, there's a good reason I don't work in customer services, because most people would be seeing

Sounds like a career for you in CS at RyanAir then!  ;)

(actually, I'm not sure if I'm being ironic or not here - no slant on your character slackers, more that RyanAir CS seem to have the fkcu you attitude!)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#586 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 09, 2010, 12:23:09 pm
They're cunts to their staff too apparently, my wife's friend is a pilot for them, and they don't get accommodation if they have to stay over-night at any given destination.  Not surprising staff are hacked off.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#587 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 09, 2010, 08:48:07 pm
I guess the long stayers are good at it, but the low skill crowd guidance peeps are just in it cos its a job near where they live with flexible hours, I assume.
I found a new basic job today that sets a standard for no skills employment: Keeping two queues seperate and advising people which queue was the one for them. That is a basic job. Even more amazingly, over the course of an hour I watched somebody who couldn't even do this job well! Amazing low skill levels on show.

I was a long time outdoor shop drone and I actually am really good at sorting people out, being helpful and that. I used to take particular pleasure in being really especially nice and helpful to rude tosspots. Passed the time I guess.

dont get a job in NHS management, you are over qualified... seriously.

fatkid2000

• junky
#588 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 09, 2010, 10:05:14 pm

dont get a job in NHS management, you are over qualified... seriously.

From the man that does it! Can't wait to become Fatdoc's boss - role on commissioning.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#589 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 10, 2010, 10:29:33 am
I found a new basic job today
I don't mean I found a job for my self to actually do. I found a job to write up in my book of shit jobs is what I ment.

andy_e

• forum hero
#590 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 19, 2010, 02:21:01 pm
That reminds me of those people you see at Asda holding signs pointing to empty tills. What a job!

boulderingbacon

• menacing presence
#591 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 19, 2010, 08:45:11 pm
or the really over weight people holding signs pointing the direction to mcdonalds, just makes you think ill give that a miss.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#592 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 19, 2010, 08:52:59 pm
or the really over weight people holding signs pointing the direction to mcdonalds, just makes you ill

andy_e

• forum hero
#593 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 19, 2010, 09:34:38 pm
or the really over weight people holding signs pointing the direction to mcdonalds, just makes you ill, unless you're fiend.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#594 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 19, 2010, 09:47:30 pm
Spent months getting to the end of World 8 on Blob 1's DSi.  She haqd friends round tonight amd they've deleted all my saved levels so I have to start all over again.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

James Yeah

• regular
#595 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 20, 2010, 04:14:49 pm
Managed to tear a muscle near my knee apparently.  Worst part is i have no idea how i did it. Went to bed friday feeling fine, woke up saturday with a swollen knee and the inabilty to walk. I cant do anything but rest it for 2 weeks  :'(

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#596 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 20, 2010, 09:27:44 pm
i have just been to the toilet

after making a chillie  :oops:

anyone got any ice

andy_e

• forum hero
#597 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 21, 2010, 12:19:51 am
Eat vaseline before eating the chilli/going for a shit. Works a treat. I know it's too late for that now, maybe try pouring milk on it?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#598 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 21, 2010, 07:14:38 am
You could just man up, Neil   :P

SA Chris

• forum hero
#599 Re: NNFN!!!!
September 21, 2010, 10:22:32 am
they've deleted all my saved levels so I have to start all over again.

You have to buy your own, it's the only safe way.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal