UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891341 times)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#550 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 20, 2010, 11:08:42 am
Codswallop.
The only dressing at present that promotes healing is Promogran, which often seemed to end up in overgranulated wounds. Admittedly it's main application is narrow and you need to know when it is appropriate, which many people don't seem to.

Whilst I love Aquacel, it is only a dressing and is no better than any other. It's great on wounds with exudate, but on dry wounds it's no better than a simple NA.

The most important thing by far is a full understanding of the wound environment, and what you need to acheive with your dressing: then you can make the right decisions on woundcare.

Dolly

• forum hero
#551 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 20, 2010, 11:46:19 am
Cheers for the encouragement  :)
(I think I'll stay out of the debate on wound dressings as I'm not really qualified to comment )
TBH sidewinder the silver nitrate didn't hurt as I don't have/haven't yet grown back any nerves right at the tip. I'm going again tomorrow so I'll ask what other options are available. Good tip on the prescriptions. Are you back climbing now then?

Good luck with today's surf Granticus

sidewinder

• obsessive maniac
#552 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 20, 2010, 02:24:03 pm
Yeah back since January, still feel weak/like a bit of a punter, but I probably always was!  Watch it on your return, massive psyche levels and tendonitis/muscle imbalance issues seem to go hand in hand!

Dolly

• forum hero
#553 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 21, 2010, 03:42:23 pm
Went to dressing clinic this morning where they decided that the overgranulation at the end of my stub was too much and I need to go in for a small op to get it chopped off tomorrow (the over granulating tissue not the rest of the thumb that is)
So.... that will hopefully speed up the healing as soon as the new wound has healed.
The irony is that the doc said its almost as if I'm too healthy /too good at growing back flesh and that maybe I should eat more fried food and start smoking heavily

Here's a pretty gruesome pic of how it looked this am which I took on my phone whilst waiting for the doc.
I've tagged it NSFW just cos some people might not want to look at it - in fact no-one might apart from Shark

Dolly

• forum hero
#554 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 21, 2010, 03:43:19 pm
Whoops - I haven't done that properly but am too busy to so it now

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#555 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 21, 2010, 03:52:46 pm
Ouch!  :'(

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#556 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 21, 2010, 03:57:21 pm
Here's a pretty gruesome pic of how it looked this am which I took on my phone whilst waiting for the doc.
I've tagged it NSFW just cos some people might not want to look at it - in fact no-one might apart from Shark

Looks like you've got a pair of tiny testicles on the end of your stump. Is it good luck to stroke them ?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#557 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 21, 2010, 04:25:12 pm
Your stump is still bigger than my thumb!

Dolly

• forum hero
#558 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 25, 2010, 11:00:00 pm
Looks like you've got a pair of tiny testicles on the end of your stump. Is it good luck to stroke them ?

Not the first time you've asked me that  ;)
They've gone now - had a quick op on Thursday so touch wood, recovery process should be escalated. Went for a run in Graves Park yesterday which felt great and had 20 mins on the board tonight  ;D. I was rubbish, skin was soft but at least I was climbing (after a fashion) again. The surgeon who did the op guessed it would be 2 months before I could be climbing again on real rock,  so even if he's a month out its still a massive plus in my book.

Your stump is still bigger than my thumb!
Really Dylan ? Have you had an accident as well ( I genuinely don't know)

account_inactive

• forum hero
#559 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 25, 2010, 11:46:30 pm
I have child hands

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#560 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 26, 2010, 09:33:40 am
At least they make your cock look big. Unless you have a tiny cock too.

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
#561 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 27, 2010, 03:01:44 pm
I feel like airing my dissapointedness with the whole world (of ukb) right now.
So much of this year has been spent injured. It's such a pain.

Earlier this year I was about to start projecting my hardest things so far and everything was going pretty sweet. Then I got an A2 pulley issue. Right before the BUCS competition and the uni fontainebleau trip.
Marvellous.
I managed to recoup my money from the trip, and even managed to climb Deliverance while I was up in Sheffield.
Then I had to spend the next month or so unable to climb (which was alright since I had uni exams to get on with)
Went to font for 2 weeks and finally started to feel alright again. climbed a few 7a and wasnt too worried about the finger again.
Then I screwed my hand bad. The last hold of big jim, pulled too hard, heard a cracky pop noise in my hand/forearm and now I have a completely unnecessary tendon strain in my right hand.
I cant even hold onto jugs without it twinging.
This year has almost been a complete write off so far, and this summer for sure.

GAH!

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#562 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 28, 2010, 10:40:39 am
Tripped up after a few :beer1: on Sunday afternoon and face planted  :wall: ! Two stitches above my left eye, nasty grazes on the Lhs of my face and L shouder, scrapes on both hands. Lots of other minor aches. On the bright side the forecast isn't so good so I'm not missing the conditions...

Serpico

• forum hero
    • The Craig Y Longridge Wiki
#563 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 28, 2010, 04:49:17 pm
Tripped up after a few :beer1: on Sunday afternoon and face planted  :wall: ! Two stitches above my left eye, nasty grazes on the Lhs of my face and L shouder, scrapes on both hands. Lots of other minor aches. On the bright side I don't have to worry about losing my looks...

Andy F

• forum hero
  • Ex-ex-climber
#564 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 29, 2010, 08:43:39 am
Tripped up after a few :beer1: on Sunday afternoon and face planted  :wall: ! Two stitches above my left eye, nasty grazes on the Lhs of my face and L shouder, scrapes on both hands. Lots of other minor aches. On the bright side I don't have to worry about losing my looks...

That's the beauty of gene's, isn't it dad?  ;) ;D

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#565 Re: NNFN!!!!
July 29, 2010, 09:22:22 am

That's the beauty of gene's, isn't it dad?  ;) ;D

:lol:

Dolly

• forum hero
#566 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 04, 2010, 08:54:18 pm
So just as my thumb starts to get  better (heal) it looks like I've got pleurisy  :(
I've had it before, 9 years ago, when it was worse than it is now.
I noticed that my chest hurt after running and I guessed it wasn't a heart attack.
Went to the docs on Monday, discussed it and worked out it was pleurisy, or to be precise "pleuritic in nature"
As its viral, all I can do is take ibuprofen for the inflamation,  no running or climbing and get plenty of rest. TBH I'm knackered so that's no problem.
It just means its even longer until I can climb again...

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#567 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 04, 2010, 10:00:39 pm
They say bad luck comes in three's, so watch out, your pain must nearly over!

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
#568 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 04, 2010, 11:10:44 pm
Bad shit Dolly. No way am I touching your tiny testicles now. On the plus side you're not on antibiotics - so how about some comfort drinking to cheer you up ?  :beer1: Rising Sun Saturday night?

jonjon

• addict
#569 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 05, 2010, 07:10:19 am
Can I come to the pub? Three weeks of a stiff neck effectively stalled my climbing, it got better for a couple of days and then - pop - and its back to the physio again. Easy climbing for another week and no running (YYFY).

:alky:

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#570 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 06, 2010, 12:42:56 am
Well after more than a year of psoriatic arthritis afflicting most of my fingers and toes plus my left ankle It's now been diagnosed in the other ankle, the left shoulder and right elbow and may be incipient in the lower hip joints! About the only exercise I'm getting as walking to work in the morning - I can't even drive for any length of time as keeping my arms up to put hands on the wheel actually hurts after a while!! The rheumatologist is about to unleash some heavy treatment that apparently has a good reputation for easing the condition but can knock you about a bit - won't that be fun!!!
All rather frustrating but that's life for you.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#571 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 14, 2010, 10:27:55 pm
Previous day on the Thumb, four times all the way to going for the break over the lip; got to be a dead cert on a fresg day with decent conditions.
Fresh day, decent conditions as ordered.... thumb minus important hold. Bugger.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#572 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 18, 2010, 08:39:31 pm
NNFN
just got some news about the "new" gym. it's very far from my house, options will be a long commute by car or playing my chances with bike-train-bike.
then: linear extension of the walls, goes from the previous 55 meters to 35.
then: it will be mostly vertical, with a 20° overhang.
it seems like I'll have to think way out of the box.

Dolly

• forum hero
#573 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 24, 2010, 04:14:13 pm
Soooo...  I may not now have pleurisy but an inter costal muscle summat. This can produce the same or very similar symptoms to pleurisy (specific, sometimes acute pain as well as a general pain, tiredness from lack of breathing deeply enough etc )
I've had  a chest X ray and the results are fine.
I've had a look at various online resources for recovery times/appropriate exercises and am off to see the physio later,  but has anyone here had similiar with any specific knowledge on how best to recover ?

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#574 Re: NNFN!!!!
August 25, 2010, 11:37:42 am
Ive torn/pulled inter costal muscles twice, once crashing on my downhill bike and second time pulling a log over a dry stone wall(dont ask) the first was way worse and thought it was a rib for ages. Couldnt breathe properly or sleep well, was self employed at the time so had to carry on working.....rest was the major factor.
How can you mistake a pulled inter costal with pleurisy by the way??????

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal