January 24, 2010, 10:48:40 am
told you geo breaks your body moo

BenF

• forum hero
#427 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 24, 2010, 03:26:05 pm
I may have to stab someone.

can we nominate who?

That'll be one for the "bring out your stabs" thread.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#428 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 24, 2010, 04:29:14 pm
Bust my bicep and now my wrist has started to hurt too.  luckily I'm not going to Font soon.....oh wait a minute  >:(

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#429 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 24, 2010, 05:28:23 pm
okay it may not be as bad as i thought it seems to have calmed down enough i reckon i'll just have to hit up the beastmaker for a couple of weeks. your right dense geo does break your body which is why i'm keen to do as little as possible for the rest of my life.......  still back to scotland next week  :wall:

butterworthtom

• stalker
    • Incoherent Rambling's of a Lakes Boulderer
#430 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 30, 2010, 10:44:03 pm
I have been working on my dissertation for weeks now, in for next week. Haven't been climbing since before Christmas. Just want to go climbing. The beautiful weather today brought me so much pain. I am now fat and weak.

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
#431 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 31, 2010, 03:05:09 pm
tom no matter how much you eat you will never be fat

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#432 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 05, 2010, 10:43:23 am
Just tipped 14 stone mark. Personal Heaviest for me. Was over a stone less this time last year.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#433 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 05, 2010, 12:15:57 pm
Just tipped 14 stone mark. Personal Heaviest for me. Was over a stone less this time last year.
snap

T_B

• forum hero
#434 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 05, 2010, 01:17:09 pm
lightweights

my NNFN was tearing my hamstring last weekend. At least I'm not supposed to be going skiing next weekend  :-[

SA Chris

• forum hero
#435 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 05, 2010, 02:00:41 pm
I'm not 8 ft tall though tom. And usually rely on low weight ration to go with my low power.

Bugger on hamstring, what did you do?

T_B

• forum hero
#436 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 05, 2010, 03:01:39 pm

Bugger on hamstring, what did you do?

Joined the masses on snowballing at Stanage last Saturday. Pulled too much on my left leg on Cemetery Waits  :-[

SA Chris

• forum hero
#437 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 05, 2010, 03:31:03 pm
Not good!

nutcracker

#438 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 17, 2010, 09:57:24 pm
Some morrocan fucker swiped my bag with my climbing shoes in while I was pooing myself 20ft up barefoot on some crumbling toss. Next day (thankfully last) my surfboard fin sliced my knee up something rotten. ended up football sized.  8)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#439 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 23, 2010, 10:42:27 pm
Twanged summat in me knee down the works tonight... Can't straighten it, can't walk, hurts like f*ck!   :thumbsdown:

kroozin

#440 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 23, 2010, 11:30:21 pm
Properly F..... P...... off that my college trained 10 members of sports staff on a climbing course to supervise and not one of them could cover for an hour just till the usual member of staff come from a meeting. But its ok for them to thread football nets while standing next to the climbing wall, sit at a desk and shuffle paper, put some leaflets on tabled, stand and talk to other members of staff doing nothing.
People show enthusiasm and the staff with the qualifications cant even do their job. They should have put more enthusiastic staff (that really wanted to go) on the course instead of just 1 person who likes climbing and not the 3-4 others that would have liked to.

This new college taking over ours and making up their own rules is a pile of  :furious: 

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#441 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 24, 2010, 08:36:31 am
Twanged summat in me knee down the works tonight... Can't straighten it, can't walk, hurts like f*ck!   :thumbsdown:
Bummer's knee, AGAIN??

Poor Duncan, you should stick to running and being weak, it's less dangerous for you.

kroozin

#442 Re: NNFN!!!!
February 24, 2010, 09:02:09 pm
Killed my hands putting new holds up for a pinchy finger traverse  :thumbsdown:
is it worth it  :thumbsup:

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#443 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 02, 2010, 11:57:12 pm
I suppose it's only a minor, and doesn't really deserve to go in here, it was more of a frustrating evening rather than a proper NNFN!

Went to Burbage South after work. Had a bit of a warm up. Anyway, wandered over to Electrical Storm, and spent a nice little session trying to work out a technique to do it. I knew some people go out right to the good edge, but looked at it, and thought it was improbable, so didn't even try it. Spent ages trying to go direct up the lightning feature to no avail.
Anyway just as we were about to give up I thought I'd look at going right. Did the move first time. Did the next move to the top. Fuck me that was piss! Right, now I know what to do, I'll get it done.
A minute later, I sit down, go to the slopey ledge, go right to the edge, go up to the top, work my way right to get to the last slopers before going directly up and over to finish it, and I'm pumped stupid! Can't hold anything. I'm utterly spent, I fall off. I can't even contemplate getting back on this evening.
I'm going to have to come back and finish it off.

Oh well, it was a lovely evening.

A quick bit about beta, I guess the massive foot-ledge to the right of the block itself (just as you're about to top out) is out? It isn't part of the block itself so I didn't try to use it.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#444 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2010, 04:21:35 pm
If it's not part of the block then it's out, but I think there is a decent 1-2 inch deep by 4-5 inch wide foothold before the top out.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#445 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2010, 06:41:50 pm

wandered over to Electrical Storm,
 Spent ages trying to go direct up the lightning feature to no avail.

Anyway just as we were about to give up I thought I'd look at going right. Did the move first time. Did the next move to the top. Fuck me that was piss! Right, now I know what to do, I'll get it done.

How did you do the move right in the end?  I tried this yesterday afternoon and can't make the move out right, just can't reach without getting my feet into what seems like an unfeasible position.
I felt close to getting it direct but it's a bit of a nasty slap to get the top holds.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#446 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2010, 09:27:30 pm

How did you do the move right in the end?  I tried this yesterday afternoon and can't make the move out right, just can't reach without getting my feet into what seems like an unfeasible position.

I found this move desperate until I discovered I could use a good edge for outside rf.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#447 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2010, 09:34:14 pm
is that the one out on the left or the small low one almost directly below the groove?

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#448 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 03, 2010, 09:57:56 pm
Not completely certain which one, but I suspect it may be the one at the bottom end of the groove in this photo, with a little chalk on it. Remember it being a decent size.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#449 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 04, 2010, 12:12:38 am
Personally I start with my LF quite high (I think it's the foothold only just poking out of the shade without any lichen above it in that pic) and both hands crossed, LH on the bigger better hold, RH on the smaller, but positive ledge. RF just about touching the chipped(?) edge at the bottom of the feature. Get the bottom right of the big ledge with the RH, then get the LH at the back left of the big ledge, tips just about in the seam at the back, fingers surrounding the slight bulge in the seam. Then just throw at the good small edge.

I then have to RF toe hook the feature, then LF toe on the smaller positive ledge to get the top with the LH.

P.S. I'm virtually 6'0", with a negative APE index.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal