UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891301 times)

granticus

• forum abuser
#375 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 28, 2009, 08:00:09 pm
Finish work last Thursday night and go out for drinks with the boss who kindly gives me Friday off. YYFY :thumbsup: Have several days out down here in good ole Devon Dartmoor, Northcott, Exmoor, Hartland by the last day I'm wasted...  Leave on 23rd upto Warks to visit family etc..  5 days r 'n' r and I'm feel super good as I didn't over indulge (too much)..  So today I was supposed to drive the Mrs up to see the sister in law (near Nottingham) and I get to go t'Peak and bag some problems in nice cold dry conditions.  Then we see the weather forecast for tomorrow............. Need to get back to Devon but snow is forecast.  Plans are scuppered and we scuttle back to N Devon today where it's due to piss it down for the foreseeable NNFN!! :furious:

BD

• player
#376 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 29, 2009, 02:06:17 pm
 :wall: just ripped a pulley in my left ringfinger (in style). There goes my training and with it my potential crushlist for 2010 and the year didn't even start yet. Might keep on climbing without the injured finger (taping it straight) so i can keep on climbing but it still sucks... big time!

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#377 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 29, 2009, 09:11:42 pm
always good to start the year with a bang. i know i did, onto the icey pavement and my ac joint.
doubt it'll inconvenience me as much as your pulley bd [btw do you know that means comic strip in french, unlike pd which means... well never mind]
in case you don't know dave mc's ideas on this, here you are:
http://www.davemacleod.com/articles/coldtreatment.html
his online climbing coach blog is worth perusing, although i've tacled every pulley i've damaged by taping the finger straight whilst climbing and keeping it that way till the pain has gone.

erm, sam

• forum hero
#378 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 29, 2009, 10:25:16 pm
think "i am Jerry moffatt" at least one hour a day

Did you get the wrong end of this DB? Jerry was injured a bit, but I don't think that was the part you should have focused on... And he did his elbows, not fingers..

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#379 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 29, 2009, 10:35:10 pm
If you read the Blog of the Injured Lanky Punter you will see that there's plenty of potential for 2010.

Although it is seriously shit when it happens.  Did you get the nice noise?

granticus

• forum abuser
#380 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 29, 2009, 10:56:03 pm
Thanks for putting missing a day's climbing in the Peak into perspective... 

A pulley injury really is a downer, hope the recovery goes to plan... BE PATIENT!

BD

• player
#381 Re: NNFN!!!!
December 30, 2009, 08:17:26 pm
in case you don't know dave mc's ideas on this, here you are:

I'm typing with one hand and the other one in a nice, cold mini-bath as we speak (for the 6th time this week). Nice to be able to test it myself.

Did you get the nice noise?
unfortunately not, I only noticed it after i finished the boulder problem. One of the hardest in our gym so i really was getting strong 8) buyakasa! I guess the jerry moffatt mantra was helping.

Since I'm still unemployed, I couldn't contain myself today and went to the climbinggym to do some easy climbing with the good fingers i have left and put up a nice boulderproblem based on the buttermilk stem. No need for the finger on that one. Curious what the other people will think of it.

BD aka french comic aka Bart D aka 8a+t (how cool is that, I can write my name with a climbing grade in it :thumbsup:)

Tommy

• junky
#382 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 04, 2010, 11:30:24 pm
So someone drives into my car in a carpark in their 4x4. Fortunately a witness sees the dickhead do it, and then promptly drive off leaving me with a dented bonnet and smashed grill. Fortunately, the witness takes all car details and I'm thinking - oh yes, let's get this fucker!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, it turns out he's not insured. NNFN!!! What are you supposed to do? What's point in spending your money year in year out for this sort of bollocks? (Other than of course the obvious answer that I can claim on my own insurance and lose my excess etc  >:( )

Absolute arse.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#383 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 07:54:34 am
Report it to the police, since its illegal not to have insurance in theory they should prosecute (although in practice they're likely not to give a shit  :wank: :thumbsdown:).

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#384 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 08:01:13 am
Actually this is one thing they will take seriously as it's a priority offence (well it used to be).

Motor Insurance Bureau doesn't do damage only as far as I remember.  Follow the convicton for driving without and failing to stop and report with a civil claim, plead s.11 CEA and you automatically win.

tomtom

• forum hero
#385 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 08:16:07 am
If you have that legal claims extra thingy on your own insurance - then they may be able to follow this up for you.... Might be worth chasing up.

If nothing else works get the f*ckers name and address and find an alterative form of retribution!

Tommy

• junky
#386 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 09:59:55 am
Actually this is one thing they will take seriously as it's a priority offence (well it used to be).

Motor Insurance Bureau doesn't do damage only as far as I remember.  Follow the convicton for driving without and failing to stop and report with a civil claim, plead s.11 CEA and you automatically win.

So you reckon this is a better route than nicely asking the guy to give me a cheque to cover my excess loss? Despite his obvious failings as a paperwork and reverse-gear man, he seemed sort of reasonable and thought I might be able to do something in a nice gentlemanly british way.... Or am I living in cloud cockoo land? Don't answer that....  ;)

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#387 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 10:50:56 am
Is he going to pay the extra to cover your increased insuance premiums for the next x amount of years as well?

Tommy

• junky
#388 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 11:00:29 am
Is he going to pay the extra to cover your increased insuance premiums for the next x amount of years as well?

Ah yeah, that's a good point. Then again, if it's not my fault does that drive up my premium still, or is it affected by all claims regardless of fault? If so, what a shit system.  :wall:

north_country_boy

• junky
#389 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 11:08:08 am

So you reckon this is a better route than nicely asking the guy to give me a cheque to cover my excess loss? Despite his obvious failings as a paperwork and reverse-gear man, he seemed sort of reasonable and thought I might be able to do something in a nice gentlemanly british way.... Or am I living in cloud cockoo land? Don't answer that....  ;)

Or maybe ask him to pay for the entire repair cost?!!? Threaten him with the possibility of involving the police and the related consequences of a prosecution and the connected financial costs......

tomtom

• forum hero
#390 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 11:30:33 am

Or maybe ask him to pay for the entire repair cost?!!? Threaten him with the possibility of involving the police and the related consequences of a prosecution and the connected financial costs......

I'd approach him and say - its going to cost this much I'd like a cheque please. If he says no way, then just go to the police - say he failed to report the accident, drove away from the scene and has now told you he is uninsured. Ask them for a crime number for your insurance company (this at least will mean they will register it as a crime..). Ask your insurance company if they will chase it up for you - if not theres always the small claims court (up to 1k I understand) and easy to go with..

He may seem like a nice guy and if he is he'll cough up. Bottom line is he has caused you to be out of pocket - and driven off and its his liability and he should be insured (and he's breaking the law in more than one way). Round here (Humberside) they tow away uninsured vehicles and crush them - maybe remind him of that...

Good luck to you - its hard but at least you have his name and address... I'd say its up to him to make the amends!

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#391 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 11:57:32 am

I'd approach him and say - its going to cost this much I'd like a cheque please. If he says no way, then just go to the police - say he failed to report the accident, drove away from the scene and has now told you he is uninsured. Ask them for a crime number for your insurance company (this at least will mean they will register it as a crime..). Ask your insurance company if they will chase it up for you - if not theres always the small claims court (up to 1k I understand) and easy to go with..

He may seem like a nice guy and if he is he'll cough up. Bottom line is he has caused you to be out of pocket - and driven off and its his liability and he should be insured (and he's breaking the law in more than one way). Round here (Humberside) they tow away uninsured vehicles and crush them - maybe remind him of that...

Good luck to you - its hard but at least you have his name and address... I'd say its up to him to make the amends!
Get Cash not a cheque

Lund

• obsessive maniac
#392 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 12:25:43 pm

You can sue him for the no claims bonus as well as the rest - you don't have to restrict your case to the immediate damage.  This happened to my old man - some bell-end came the wrong way down a one way street and hit him head on, he sued him etc. and basically ended up being no worse off (apart from possibly a loss in the resale value of the car).  Not sure if he did it through the insurance company - think so - and it took quite a while, he had to go to court etc. which was a pain.

Teaboy

• forum hero
#393 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 12:28:05 pm

he seemed sort of reasonable and thought I might be able to do something in a nice gentlemanly british way

But not reasonable enough to stop and try to sort it out in the first instance. And if there is such a thing as a gentlemanly British way of doing things I'd guess it would involve something along the lines of paying for insurance in the first f*^%ing place like the rest of us.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
#394 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 12:29:57 pm
Report the fucker to the cops, that is what they are there for, partly.  The more people get away without driving with insurance the more the rest of us pay to compensate.  Have him hung, drawn and quartered I say.

cofe

• forum hero
#395 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 12:47:42 pm
Report the fucker to the cops, that is what they are there for, partly.  The more people get away without driving with insurance the more the rest of us pay to compensate.  Have him hung, drawn and quartered I say.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#396 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 12:55:58 pm
Report the fucker to the cops, that is what they are there for, partly.  The more people get away without driving without insurance the more the rest of us pay to compensate.  Have him hung, drawn and quartered I say.

Doesn't make much sense the other way round, since there's nothing wrong with having insurance and not driving ;)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#397 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 01:10:54 pm
Report them, get them prosecuted, the standard points for no insurance and fail to stop will be about 9, so potentially for many drivers leading to a ban as a totter.

People who drive un insured are a menance and need driving off the roads.

Tommy

• junky
#398 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 01:54:45 pm
Thanks for the words of wisdom guys!

I shall proceed accordingly. 

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#399 Re: NNFN!!!!
January 05, 2010, 02:56:49 pm
They don't call you Cofe "the echo" Cofefield for nothing do they?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal