UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891366 times)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#325 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 02, 2009, 02:18:09 pm
Got up at 6. Left the house at 7. Cycled for half an hour. Covered about 6 miles and got past the 3 hills with just the slow rise/flat 5.5 miles to go. Should be in work in half and hour.

Puncture in the back tyre. Realise I removed the puncture repair kit from my bag that very morning as I was "only going to work".

Walk the rest of the way with a sore leg and a 10kg bike digging into my shoulder. Arrive at work at 10  :wall:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#326 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 02, 2009, 03:47:59 pm
Bummer - future reference, don't bother with repair kit, just carry a spare tube!

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#327 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 12:47:22 pm
Just got a Canon HV20 Video Camera, got a copy of Adobe CS4 to edit footage, raynox 6600 on it's way for Christmas..

and I've just realised my old PC doesn't have the capability to run the software, which means a whole new computer which I hadn't factored in... bugger!!!

>:(

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#328 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 12:57:43 pm
Seriously injured shoulder, off to see the doctor tomorrow just before I'm supposed to be leaving for a weekend bouldering in the county. 

Fuck bastard.

I just hope the pub will be showing the rugby as I see a fair bit of  :beer2: on the agenda

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#329 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 01:09:17 pm
That sounds crap slopes, how'd you do that then?

Sloper

• forum hero
#330 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 01:17:09 pm
That sounds crap slopes, how'd you do that then?

I don't know, I injured it last year, possibly separated it pulling onto an easy problem with Falling Down and it just 'went' when I rolled over in my sleep two days ago.

Tis very painful and getting worse, mobility is restricted and it makes me feel nauseuous.  I don't think a trip to A&E is worth it though, largely because I'm not sure I want to drive through sheffield!

nik at work

• forum hero
#331 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 01:23:36 pm
Tough paper-round old timer.

You still up for a gastro-ganza with Yos at the end of the month? Will you be healed enough to climb, it's been a while since I've seen your graceful form easing up rock...

Sloper

• forum hero
#332 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 02:01:51 pm
Yes I'm up for that, although I think Yos might be preparing for a downy little bird to settle in for some nesting action. :shag: :shag: :hug: :shag: :shag: :shag: :shag: :shag: :shag:

Anyway who else is intending to come, are you bringing me a rare collection of victims to sandbag on things graded 4+?

Hopefully I'll be well and injury free so can delight you with the flow of nuanced moves etc chiz chiz

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#333 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 02:14:24 pm
Seriously injured shoulder

Bummer.

I diagnose damaged rotor cuff for the man with the most inflexible, hunched shoulders I have ever seen.

Unless you have embarked on a routine of stretching and muscle balancing exercises since we last met, which I seriously doubt.

Hope I am wrong though!

Sloper

• forum hero
#334 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 03:23:31 pm
No, I've not been doing any stretching, and remain as inflexible as ever.

I have however been going to the gym and doing gentle exercise) that is nothing above 75% of weight and mainly lower with high reps.

Let's try Dr Google.

Hmmm it looks like Dr Google agrees, so hopefull his local colleague can give me a cortisone shot, I can pill myslef to the safe limit and pull down like a bastard, or maybe just go to the pub instead.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#335 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 03:50:28 pm
Do the latter.  :alky:

tomtom

• forum hero
#336 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 04:10:18 pm
Unlucky Sloper.. was it the same shoulder you tweaked when we were out a few weeks back??

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#337 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 06:00:36 pm
Just got a Canon HV20 Video Camera, got a copy of Adobe CS4 to edit footage, raynox 6600 on it's way for Christmas..

and I've just realised my old PC doesn't have the capability to run the software, which means a whole new computer which I hadn't factored in... bugger!!!

>:(

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that to you a while ago  :wave:

Sloper

• forum hero
#338 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 05, 2009, 06:29:48 pm
Unlucky Sloper.. was it the same shoulder you tweaked when we were out a few weeks back??

Yeah same shoulder but this time it's proper fucked.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#339 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 06, 2009, 09:17:11 pm

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that to you a while ago  :wave:
[/quote]

I can always rely on you for a helpful comment G, cheers!

maybe I should have taken note of all the posts that said "factor in a PC upgrade"! ah well at least I can take HD footage, I'll just have to store it up for some uber non-quality filmage action

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#340 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 06, 2009, 09:24:16 pm
From our conversation about my Kray, I thought you'd have checked :lol:

Good excuse to build something though  :thumbsup:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#341 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 06, 2009, 09:51:54 pm

I don't know, I injured it last year, possibly separated it pulling onto an easy problem with Falling Down and it just 'went' when I rolled over in my sleep two days ago.

Oh dear Slopes.  Sorry to hear that I remember when it happened.. You have my sympathies.

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#342 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 06, 2009, 10:26:15 pm
From our conversation about my Kray, I thought you'd have checked :lol:

Good excuse to build something though  :thumbsup:

...or it could have been a good excuse to get a new computer under the radar (don't tell Mrs rginns, sshhhhhh!)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#343 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 06, 2009, 10:32:36 pm
get a new computer under the radar

That's what I mean- build your own!   :thumbsup:

rginns

• junky
  • Holds innit
    • Strongholds
#344 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 06, 2009, 11:13:34 pm
Aye lad, this will be what happens...!

BD

• player
#345 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 17, 2009, 04:42:35 pm
Spent an hour trying jet set (the famous 7a in bleau) grabbing the final hold multiple times but never being able to hold on to it after an already long day of climbing :'(. It didn't even feel that hard but not pausing between attemps wasn't the smartest thing to do. It's a hard way to learn a simple tip: don't rush it! Haven't been that frustrated for a loooooong time.

andy_e

• forum hero
#346 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 17, 2009, 04:48:39 pm
I know that feeling, bastard problem.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#347 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 18, 2009, 06:33:28 am
Spent an hour trying jet set (the famous 7a in bleau) grabbing the final hold multiple times but never being able to hold on to it after an already long day of climbing :'(. It didn't even feel that hard but not pausing between attemps wasn't the smartest thing to do. It's a hard way to learn a simple tip: don't rush it! Haven't been that frustrated for a loooooong time.
I've been climbing this way all my life and still haven't learnt my lesson.
There is no hope

Tim Broughtonshaw

• obsessive maniac
#348 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 18, 2009, 09:04:12 am
Pulled something in my hand (at broughton last night) right down near the wrist. sharp pain every time i use the hand in the wrong way  :boohoo: including typing, opening doors  :wall:

Tim

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#349 Re: NNFN!!!!
November 18, 2009, 05:04:58 pm
NNFN!

Got to Font on Friday and caught up with the rest of the Scottish lads at Cuvier. Weather is ok but very warm (20c) but things start off ok, a few warm ups then I jumped on Vaudou-Système and got really close but not quite. Later on some folk padded out Hélicoptère so I had a few goes, trying to remember the heel-hook beta from last year. Third go, the heel hook stuck and I matched the crimp/sloper combo, let the heel hook go and held the swing - happy days, tried that problem at least 50 times!

Next morning I wake up to a fairly swolen elbow, odd. Jabs - our resident A&E doctor - diagnoses a possible infected bursa so I went to the Pharmacie, but they couldn't prescribe over the counter and I missed the doctor, so I just manned up, took vitamin-I and went climbing. Error. Managed to tick Le Lepreux Direct and pretty sure I would've got La Coeur if it hadn't rained  :boohoo:

The next day I wake up, well, not so much wake up, but crawl out of a pain-riddled night of non-sleep, take more painkillers and ibuprofen and go to Apremont "to take pictures and videos" with an elbow that has minimal range of pain-free motion and is twice the size of normal. Sunday though, so no point going to the Docs as they won't be open. Pulled on La Lune as it looked like it required minimal ROM and got it 5th go, or so. Had a play on Superplomb and the dyno thing, close, but not quite!

We then dacamped to Onde De Choc where I tried a 6a red that made me think my elbow was literally going to go pop, so I decided that was it for the day. That was, until people started trying Onde de Choc, which I seemed to be able to pull on without any pain, so I had lots of goes, lost lots of skin and got very close (2 moves from the top-out) but had to give up due to fading light and lack of skin. On the way back to the car I jumped on Fil a tordre and got it pretty quick, possible controversial beta though.  :spank:

The next day it rained all day, I should have gone to the Docs, but it was so close to home-day (today) that I didn't bother.

The next day it rained all day, I was in so much pain and the swelling was spreading up and down my arm that I decided to do battle with Fontainbleau Hopital, fun when you know miminal French!

After X-Rays, blood samples and a thourough examination, I got sent away with a bandage and a precription for 1g paracetamol tablets and 1g amoxycillin sachets - verdict, infection spreading!

Bit better today, but I still can't straighten my arm yet!

Woops, that was a bit long!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal