UKBouldering.com

NNFN!!!! (Read 891310 times)

Doylo

• forum hero
#75 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 09:58:53 am
I keep falling off the 'easy' moves before the jugs on Broken Heart. I don't know why either, really annoying. NNFN

chillax

• forum abuser
#76 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 10:29:54 am
Went out in Wicklow today, being hopelessly optimistic that stuff would be dry. Did one problem all day, everything was saturated. Went back to the car only to find some scum had smashed the back window and nicked the GPS I had hidden under the seat!

A major NNFN moment indeed!  >:( :furious:

n.b The one problem that did get done was a nice new arete I did with my mate John, that does begin to make up for it somewhat! And we cleaned a really cool project in time for the Bouldering Meet next weekend...who's coming?  :goodidea:
Where did you go and which car park was it? I had my window done when I was out biking on Jouce.
Where was your arete?

Lough Bray, it was parked in the little quarry beside the road. It was the left hand arete on that boulder past the car park above Glenmacnass waterfall. The one with the slopey project going up the middle. Very nice problem. First ascent apparently. We decided to call it Smash 'n Grab  :P
 Heading back to try the project at the meet next weekend.

account_inactive

• forum hero
#77 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 03:30:20 pm
Just fell off the finishing jug on Ben's roof. Punter

AndyR

• forum hero
#78 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 04:14:25 pm
Went out in Wicklow today, being hopelessly optimistic that stuff would be dry. Did one problem all day, everything was saturated. Went back to the car only to find some scum had smashed the back window and nicked the GPS I had hidden under the seat!

A major NNFN moment indeed!  >:( :furious:

n.b The one problem that did get done was a nice new arete I did with my mate John, that does begin to make up for it somewhat! And we cleaned a really cool project in time for the Bouldering Meet next weekend...who's coming?  :goodidea:
Where did you go and which car park was it? I had my window done when I was out biking on Jouce.
Where was your arete?

Lough Bray, it was parked in the little quarry beside the road. It was the left hand arete on that boulder past the car park above Glenmacnass waterfall. The one with the slopey project going up the middle. Very nice problem. First ascent apparently. We decided to call it Smash 'n Grab  :P
 Heading back to try the project at the meet next weekend.
Oh that sucks - the thieving bastards from tallaghfornia seem to frequent that car park quite a lot. Are the boulders still clean at Lough Bray? I went through quite a few brushes cleaning that place off........
I think I know the boulder you mean above glenmac waterfall - some nice rock in that area.

chillax

• forum abuser
#79 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 04:30:31 pm
Some very nice rock indeed! I think I'll be going on some exploratory jaunts up there in the near future. More info and pics on the interblog (link below). Can't seem to link pics from blogger for some reason...

Are the boulders still clean at Lough Bray? I went through quite a few brushes cleaning that place off........

You must have done a damn good job of cleaning them! They were spotless when I was there! Except for a couple of things that might still go... :) Pity everything was soaked though. Are you still living in Ireland or moved on to pastures new? And if you are living in Ireland, have I met you?  :-\

AndyR

• forum hero
#80 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 09:50:55 pm

You must have done a damn good job of cleaning them! They were spotless when I was there! Except for a couple of things that might still go... :) Pity everything was soaked though. Are you still living in Ireland or moved on to pastures new? And if you are living in Ireland, have I met you?  :-\

Nope  - I live in Vancouver now - I spent many weekends scrubbing boulders around wicklow when I lived in dublin.

Cheers,
Andy

hairich

• obsessive maniac
#81 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 10:02:10 pm
you will crush it next time Dylan.

typical.get 4 days off work and get a lurg

abarro81

• forum hero
#82 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 10:47:47 pm
Just fell off the finishing jug on Ben's roof. Punter

Was the right hand side (powerband etc) still in good condition today?

chillax

• forum abuser
#83 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 09, 2009, 11:54:21 pm

Nope  - I live in Vancouver now - I spent many weekends scrubbing boulders around wicklow when I lived in dublin.

Cheers,
Andy

Cool. All I can say is thank you really! I'm planning on spending many weekends like that myself. Theres always plenty of potential around, and now that Pierre's moved away more of us have to start exploring! ;D

If you're ever back, giz a bell and we can go climbing.

Paul

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#84 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 12, 2009, 10:25:54 pm
No no fucking not again!

Looks like my tale of being back in the saddle was a rouse. Would appear i was only grooming the mane.

Looking good for the weekend though!

And

No no fucking no will i never learn to sign out of other peoples computers.

I'm off to send some pm's from Si's, erm my account

Any one for rings?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#85 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 13, 2009, 09:20:02 am
Another weekend approaches. Forecast wet, mild and windy. Hoofuckingrah. And it's been really noce the last couple of days (at least I managed an hour down Bolsheugh last night, even if I sucked).

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#86 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 13, 2009, 11:07:48 pm
Yesterday got roasted on the leading wall. Cool. Then pulled up, lights on in Tesco car park to text with a new phone I don't really understand. Lights on, car battery out. Not so cool. Cashless, on way in stopped to withdraw £50. Tired and a bit flustered I went inside for help - with card but no money  :wall:
It's just registered on my account. There, the whole world knows I'm a numpty (what? you knew that already? Don't tell my other half).To whoever came up to the machine after me> :wank:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#87 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 14, 2009, 08:56:21 pm
Fell off last move on Lou Ferrino before very nearly blacking out.
Very NNFN!
Need to get fitter

Some more NNFN from Dr Pinch

Its all beans in the bank tho

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#88 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 14, 2009, 09:00:27 pm
Fell off last move on Lou Ferrino before very nearly blacking out.
Very NNFN!
Need to get fitter

That was close on Lou!

JohnM

• junky
#89 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 15, 2009, 12:55:08 am
I was at the cave today and that was real close but its a familiar Lou Ferrino redpoint story that I know all to well!  Should be in the bag next time!  As for the Rock Attrocity vid thats the most solid i've ever seen anyone on it without finishing it, but I think he should cut his nails!  My NNFN is that I realised I can't go out drinking and have a decent climbing session the next day anymore!  My worst cave sesh ever!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#90 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 17, 2009, 05:30:25 pm
Got to the last move on iron man today, which i normally don't fall off. Greased right off it. Robbed! NNFN!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#91 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 17, 2009, 06:50:43 pm
Dr Pinch, I feel your pain. I did that many times on the trot after feeling like I was walking in the park on the rest of it. Annoyingly I then managed to take too much time off to get back to there (probably).I think there should be a fucking club for RA last move greasers.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#92 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 17, 2009, 07:17:28 pm
I recon thats a big club

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#93 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 17, 2009, 07:21:57 pm
I recon thats a big club

I don't know many people who don't have an epic on last move of RA. Be it from In Hell/Pit Of Hell/Wobbly jug start, etc etc!

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#94 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 17, 2009, 07:28:47 pm
Doylo can devote his spare room to RA siegers in the new dudno gaff. Make a tidy sum renting that out to the greasers club.

Doylo

• forum hero
#95 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 17, 2009, 08:06:44 pm
no greasers in my house please, apart from female 30 stoners

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#96 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 18, 2009, 04:32:44 pm
I think there should be a fucking club for RA last move greasers.

A greaser's "fucking club" and at Doyle's house?! You sick bastards.

andy_e

• forum hero
#97 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 19, 2009, 09:40:38 pm
no greasers in my house please, apart from female 30 stoners

"...I like a girl who's 46 stone, imploding, sweating and shitting in her clothes..."

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
#98 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 20, 2009, 02:20:05 pm
1) spend winter training, get significantly stronger, manage to dodge injury
2) get out a bit early season and get some stuff wired in shitty conditions
3) mint weather arrives, conditions amazing, beautiful sunshine....

and i'd struggle with the f*cking Kilnsey walk in, let alone climbing anything at all at the moment due to nasty knee infection and associated bullsh*t ..... NOOOOOOOOOOO!  :furious:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#99 Re: NNFN!!!!
March 21, 2009, 07:47:30 pm
Not climbing related, but had a good blast round kirkhill today, good muddy technical rooty stuff all day. Decided to have a "quick blast" round bikepark, and landed badly off a tabletop and now have bloody holes in elbow and arse. And elbow pads were in car. Will make wearing awetsuit intersting, and climbing painful. I thnk i should stay on the ground.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal