• In my dreams
#1100 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 13, 2014, 02:37:48 pm

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#1101 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 16, 2014, 11:02:49 am
got a Yak canoe spraydeck, size Large.  no idea how I came to have it, never owned a canoe..

Looks like it's been repaired a couple of times but is intact.

Collect in Sheffield.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1102 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 06:48:51 am
we're hopefully moving house in a month or so, so I am starting to give away stuff

pick up from Heeley - I'm giving it away rather than ebaying because I don't want the hassle of packing and posting

two ELC wooden trikes with trailers - good condition

like this

one red scuttle bug (fold up trike) - good condition

a pair of La Sportiva K3 mountaineering boots - only used a few times on snow and ice and in snowboard bindings twice, hardly any signs of wear - probably worth a donation to mountain rescue by the recipient

size 45, but on the small size. I take a 45 mostly (sometimes 46) and my toes touch the end - making front pointing uncomfortable for me, which is why they haven't been used.

I've had these for about 15 years - they were a display pair from a shop window. the rubber over the toe is sort of cracked/perished, but still all there
rigid boots that work very well with step in crampons

review

not the actual boots, but identical

pair of roof bars with brackets that fasten on to roof rails - from Nick at Work's cursed car (can't find the post that says what kind of car it was). well worn, but working

tropical freshwater fish
one male dwarf gourami, four harlequins, one large neon tetra, one (maybe two) assassin snail(s). all from a healthy disease free tank
some plants from the tank as well
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:00:19 am by lagerstarfish »

dave

#1103 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 08:34:39 am
Lagers you reckon the boots would fit a G who takes a uk 9.5/10 in trainers? If so I got a mate in prison who was woefully undershod last time he was in the mountains in snow who might try them.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1104 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 09:30:08 am
Anyone with a small (or pending) binlid who hasn't got a scuttlebug take his hand off. Ours has had so much use from our 2 that the wheels are wearing flat. Packs flat for taking in car on hols etc.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1105 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 09:40:59 am
Lagers you reckon the boots would fit a G who takes a uk 9.5/10 in trainers? If so I got a mate in prison who was woefully undershod last time he was in the mountains in snow who might try them.

they are quite bulky, so getting them into prison will be painful

I'll PM you

benpritch

• forum abuser
#1106 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 09:45:28 am
Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz 12 0r 16gb RAM (can't quite remember) In original box, all start up discs paperwork etc present. also os 10.4 tiger discs. no hard drive.

downside, will not start up. History - when i got my new computer I wanted to transfer the video card from this into the new one but being in a bit of a rush I pulled the graphics card out intstead. It popped straight back in but i heard something break off and when I tried to start it up again it wouldn't.

So if you are good at fixing things or need spare parts PM me.

Bit of a long shot this but can't bring myself to take it to the dump, so if anyone is in the mood to try and resurrect it collect from Sheffield, or if local I could deliver - PM me

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1107 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 09:46:16 am

If they don't work out you can have your Asolo's back if you want them, I got some Scarpas for my Peru trip.

dave

#1108 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 09:46:36 am
Bake a shoe cake?

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#1109 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 11:22:38 am
Anyone with a small (or pending) binlid who hasn't got a scuttlebug take his hand off. Ours has had so much use from our 2 that the wheels are wearing flat. Packs flat for taking in car on hols etc.

Lagers - what Chris said...can I take the Scuttlebug?

Not sure what my plans are this weekend, could feasibly get a trip down to The Peak / Sheffield wall if you fancy a climb as well.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1110 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 12:54:26 pm

Lagers - what Chris said...can I take the Scuttlebug?

Not sure what my plans are this weekend, could feasibly get a trip down to The Peak / Sheffield wall if you fancy a climb as well.

it's yours

it doesn't take up much room when folded so it could be sent via the crash pad relay service

I hope to be out stroking scrittle at the weekend

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1111 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 21, 2014, 03:40:56 pm
Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5GHz 12 0r 16gb RAM (can't quite remember) In original box, all start up discs paperwork etc present. also os 10.4 tiger discs. no hard drive.

downside, will not start up. History - when i got my new computer I wanted to transfer the video card from this into the new one but being in a bit of a rush I pulled the graphics card out intstead. It popped straight back in but i heard something break off and when I tried to start it up again it wouldn't.

So if you are good at fixing things or need spare parts PM me.

Bit of a long shot this but can't bring myself to take it to the dump, so if anyone is in the mood to try and resurrect it collect from Sheffield, or if local I could deliver - PM me
I'm game, got a G4 which I may be able to swap bits from.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1112 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 24, 2014, 06:36:40 am
next up in the great Starfish household give away

Lascal Buggy Board

we haven't cut down any of the straps and have the extension bits, so it will fit 99% of pushchairs

the quick release clips work fine

also got the strap that holds it up when not being ridden

we got it second hand, but the rider decided she liked the independence of walking - so not used a great deal by us

these have enough clearance for the drivers toes to go underneath - makes life easier

pick up in Heeley

nic mullin

• menacing presence
#1113 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 11:27:58 am
Got a double mattress going spare - sprung type, bit lumpy but in reasonable condition, would be fine for under a board.

Vax turboforce 2000 watt vacuum cleaner (upright, bagless type) that needs a new brush assembly but is otherwise fully functional. This is the bit you'd need to buy:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vax-Turboforce-Vacuum-Cleaner-Brushbar/dp/B004VKZ05A/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390647614&sr=8-3&keywords=vax+turboforce+2000+brush.

Also got a single, unmatched right foot Salomon Super Mountain Guide 9 - fully rigid B3 leather mountaineering boot, compatible with step-in crampons. The left one was misplaced on the way back from an Alps trip some years ago. Used for a few trips to Scotland in winter and several summer alps trips, but still plenty of life left. Some wear to the sole, and usual scratches/scuffs on the upper, but basically good condition. If you're a size 8 and were stupid enough to lose a right boot but held onto the left, this is your lucky day.   

All items in Walkley, can deliver within Sheffield or meet up at a crag in the vicinity. Taking everything to the tip next weekend if nobody wants it.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#1114 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 01:32:26 pm
Got a big stack of past editions of Architecture Today magazine, some Pritzker prize catalogue/s, other architectural periodicals etc. Too large a collection to post but anybody can pick up from me in Wirral if desired.

nic mullin

• menacing presence
#1115 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 02:59:25 pm
Forgot to add, also have a pair of Shimano M110 SPD shoes in euro size 40, some cosmetic wear, and bits of the yellow faux-leather covering around the hole where you put your foot in have persished due to age (I bought them sometime in the late 90s) but plenty of life in them. They no longer fit me, plus I haven't ridden clipped in for about 15 years, so free to anybody who might use them.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1116 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 05:12:58 pm
just found this in the cellar - MSR XGK II multi fuel jet stove

not used for 20 years or so

compares favourably with the newer version
http://www.wildsnow.com/2548/msr-xgk-ex-test-review/

I'm pretty sure all the bits are with it - including fuel bottle and wind shield

ideal if you're skint and headed to somewhere adventurous

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#1117 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 05:38:09 pm
Got a big bag of boys clothes, all clean and quality. Probably suit 1 to 2 year old, collection in Stockport asap before they go to charity shop

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#1118 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 06:22:11 pm
i'd be keen for the stove if it's still going?

Sarnian

• regular
#1119 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 25, 2014, 06:40:57 pm
I too am keen for the stove if Somebody's fool doesn't take it, I live in Sheffield if that sways anything.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1120 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 26, 2014, 08:09:20 am
the stove is gone

if for any reason they decide they don't want it, I'll offer it to the next person (in chronological order)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1121 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 26, 2014, 10:57:11 am
pair of replica Indian cavalry swords with scabbards 

these are cheap replicas designed for the tat market, but with a bit of sharpening they would do for a homicidal rampage

would go well on the wall of a pirate captain's cabin

the blades have a pretty pattern on them

the hand guards could do with a polish

Heeley

over 16s only

tomtom

• forum hero
#1122 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 26, 2014, 11:30:15 am
Do you have any stuffed mammals going? Preferably small woodland ones.

Thanks in advance.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#1123 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 26, 2014, 11:47:37 am
not yet

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#1124 Re: UKB Freecycle
January 26, 2014, 11:58:35 am
Lagers wins the award for most random giveaway yet. Do tell how you came to have these? Were they your pride and joy on display on the wall in your front room?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal