How do pull-ups differ between gender?  Grab bar/holds and lift :shrug:

Or am I mis-interpreting what you have?

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#576 Re: UKB Freecycle
June 28, 2011, 05:53:45 pm
Also found in an old shoebox today were some unused rolls of 35mm film. If anybody still uses film (it's so retro chic these days - trust me) then get in touch!

4 rolls of Velvia 50
2 rolls of Provia 100
1 roll of Reala 100

I don't know expiry dates, but they were probably bought sometime around 2005. If that means they are useless now let me know so I can bin them! They've currently on ebay for around £7 a roll, so this is a bargain. FREE! (if you want to make a donation to MS Research then that's cool too but it's not a requirement!).

dan lane

• regular
#577 Re: UKB Freecycle
June 28, 2011, 06:32:27 pm
I'll take the film! sent you an email.

dave

#578 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 04, 2011, 07:23:41 pm
Single mattress going spare. Decent quality, clean, comfy, and good nick just a bit dated - i.e. more than suitable for a spare bedroom, not some rotten piece of shit to bum hookers on in a back alley. I think we got it from my julie's aunty when she moved house, it was in her spare room. Unlikely to have have had much use other than the odd night here and there.

CRT monitor going spare. Hansol, decent quality, probably about 17". Someone take it for a spare monitor or its going down the tip.

Computer going spare: my old PC, served me well for over 5 years. Can't remember the spec offhand but its got a wifi card, 160gb of HDD, half a gig of ram, DVD writer etc. Can chuck in a mouse and keyboard too if you need it. I used this with XP on it for half a decade and never once had a bluescreen error and rarely had to force it to reboot so it was pretty stable. The only thing I need to do to it is sort out how to securely erase the HD.

Obviously these are in sheffield.

Rich Armour

• addict
#579 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 04, 2011, 07:38:51 pm
Hi Dave,

I'll take the computer and the monitor if its still goin, can pick up from Sheffield

Cheers
Rich

Rich Armour

• addict
#580 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 04, 2011, 07:40:17 pm
Will send you an email with my details

Cheers
Rich

dave

#581 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 04, 2011, 07:42:24 pm
Done! I'll PM your ass.

andy_e

• forum hero
#582 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 09, 2011, 01:06:44 pm
Surely it'd be easier just to PM the man himself rather than communicating through his donkey?

RichK

• menacing presence
#583 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 18, 2011, 01:40:42 pm
Single & Double mattress going spare.
Clean & average nic.
Collect only from High Peak area/eves.

dave

#584 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 21, 2011, 10:53:51 pm
Word up, got some climbing VHS going spare to anyone not yet in the 21st century:

Lets start with probably the three best climbing videos ever made:
Stick It
Hard Grit
Rampage

Then also throw in:
Dosage Volume 1 (BRING THE RUCKUS!!!)
Frequent Flyers (Boone Speed and Obe Carrion-up-the-Khyber tick the world)

Also got Enter The Dragon and Crouching Tiger for anyone who likes their jap-slapping vids.

The Aaronator

• menacing presence
#585 Re: UKB Freecycle
July 24, 2011, 11:00:45 pm
Husky snow chains. Never used. Size HUSKN 020, to fit wheels 155 65 13 or similar. Free to anyone who climbs at Kilnsey, Malham, BoulderUK, Bolton or thereabouts and can meet to pick them up.

205Chris

• forum hero
#586 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 02, 2011, 08:51:58 pm
A long shot but I've got a DeLonghi stand alone ceramic cooker (model ESS 601) going free if anyone wants it. Looks like this.

Works fine but my parents have just moved house and I've acquired their old one so surplus to requirements.

Collection from Sheffield.

Or if no one wants it does anyone know of any charities etc. in Sheffield who would take it off my hands? Would be a shame to throw it out as there's nothing wrong with it.

LucyB

• Trusted Users
  • obsessive maniac
#587 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 02, 2011, 09:30:39 pm
I think Remar might take it - they also pick up from your house, so pretty useful. There's another charity on Queens Road (I think - opposite the little retail park before you get to B&Q), might be called St Leonard's or something like that. They also pick up but only on certain days in each area. Both help equip homeless people in new homes.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#588 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 02, 2011, 10:21:11 pm
St Vincent de Paul furniture store is under St Wilfred's Centre on Queens Road. SVP do an amazing job helping people who have no way of getting furniture. For people moving off the streets and into a bare, unfurnished flat the help from SVP makes a huge difference. Electrical stuff has to be PAT tested so check if they can take it.

Don't encourage REMAR please

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#589 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 03, 2011, 09:48:58 am
What's wrong with REMAR?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#590 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 03, 2011, 02:03:14 pm
have a look at this thread

I can coroborate the worst bits

I daren't write too much in case the cult members track me down and lock me up in a foreign farm house miles from anywhere with no suitable medical support

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#591 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 03, 2011, 02:38:09 pm
have a look at this thread

I can coroborate the worst bits

I daren't write too much in case the cult members track me down and lock me up in a foreign farm house miles from anywhere with no suitable medical support

:o

Remar are a Portuguese charity who believe that they rehabilitate people from substance dependency. Primarily supporting Portuguese people, they do support British and other nationalities as well. When they support people who have a home base in the UK, they move them to a Remar project some distance from their home base. Their belief is that you must break the individual from everything that they know, as their family bonds etc. were part of their life as a dependent substance user. In order to ensure that they do this effectively they withhold the individual's benefit book/other means of self support, they accompany them to statutory and health appointments to ensure the person is not in a position to discuss with professionals the support they recieve from Remar, and they ensure that the person's daily life is filled with work. Particularly they do not believe in drug assisted withdrawals from substances of addiction and therefore would not support someone in accessing medication which would help them deal with the pain of withdrawal, or block future cravings.
In my past life I have worked with around 15-20 people who came to Sheffield due to support offered by Remar, and based on my experience I certainly wouldn't be purchasing their gardening/removal/whatever services.

They sound as bad as scientologists!

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#592 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 03, 2011, 03:30:11 pm
To be a bit more balanced about it: I have never met anyone who has died as a result of the REMAR technique, but I have met a couple of people for who it has worked.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#593 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 03, 2011, 03:33:49 pm
To be a bit more balanced about it: I have never met anyone who has died as a result of the REMAR technique, but I have met a couple of people for who it has worked.

Probably a good reason for that!  :tease:

205Chris

• forum hero
#594 Re: UKB Freecycle
August 04, 2011, 09:47:38 pm
Thanks for the suggestions folks. I did try St. VdP but they don't accept cookers.

I have however now found someone to take it off my hands.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#595 Re: UKB Freecycle
September 01, 2011, 06:19:39 pm
Pair of Ikea 'Folkstorp' plywood side tables

Bit faded in areas due to having TV on for several years. Not bad nick overall.

Sheffield S10, pick up ASAP if interested.

These are back on offer if anyone wants them...

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#596 Re: UKB Freecycle
September 02, 2011, 09:05:56 am
Tables now promised to CLM, and AndyH is second in line.

dave

#597 Re: UKB Freecycle
September 02, 2011, 11:31:23 am
Word up, got some climbing VHS going spare to anyone not yet in the 21st century:

Lets start with probably the three best climbing videos ever made:
Stick It
Hard Grit
Rampage

Then also throw in:
Dosage Volume 1 (BRING THE RUCKUS!!!)
Frequent Flyers (Boone Speed and Obe Carrion-up-the-Khyber tick the world)

Also got Enter The Dragon and Crouching Tiger for anyone who likes their jap-slapping vids.

Single mattress going spare. Decent quality, clean, comfy, and good nick just a bit dated - i.e. more than suitable for a spare bedroom, not some rotten piece of shit to bum hookers on in a back alley. I think we got it from my julie's aunty when she moved house, it was in her spare room. Unlikely to have have had much use other than the odd night here and there.

Just want to bump these badboys. Had some interest in the mattress but nobody who went the distance.

VHSs will be heading to the bin if not taken soon.

saulgilsenan

#598 Re: UKB Freecycle
September 05, 2011, 02:04:39 am
New to the forum so sorry if this is a selfish first post. If nobody shows any interest in those climbing VHS's Dave I'll happily take them off your hands, where do you reside? :)

dave

#599 Re: UKB Freecycle
September 05, 2011, 01:22:46 pm
I'm in S11. Send us a PM and they're yours, lets make this happen.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal