UKBouldering.com

Buggered my finger.... (Read 1707 times)

Scraggadoo

• addict
Buggered my finger....
February 01, 2009, 10:30:44 pm
Well...  Not the usual finger injuries you hear about.  Anyway, intro here...  Kicked a door out of frustration about three months ago, and found that the eejit that fitted it left barely any wood for the hinges to fix to (hence it broke)...  Looking to move to a new property soon, and the current one being a rental, had to fit a new door to ensure I get my deposit back...  Cue trip down to homebase, tools and door bought, came home and started on it...  Chiselling out a small recess for the mechanism for the handle, and slipped.  Guess where it went!  Through my finger.  Fuck fuck fuck...  Blood oozing quite heavily.  A chunk of tissue was dangling from the side of index first joint.  Initially thought I'd buggered it big time, but had a look and a bit of moving about, finger seems to be ok...  3 hour wait in A & E to be seen to.  Cleaned and steristripped.  Muscle movement and nerves appear to be ok says Doctor.  Got back and finished the door off despite being crippled.  Storytime over, basically I'm a twat  :wall:

Now, I have a week long trip to Font at end of Feb - I was getting on so well with training and improving steadily every week with clear gains.  Now completely gone and fucked that one up.  Nurse estimates 2 weeks before healed?  Hope this is the case...  Can anything help with healing?  Nurse said that cut upwards means poorer bloodflow so longer recovery times (hardly what I needed to hear)

Anyhow assuming that no climbing is possible for two weeks, what things can you guys recommend for a bit of training without holds??  Been working on my core as usual with some gym ball and bodyweight exercises.  Probably will need to supplement it further with other exercises now, only problem is I ain't got a clue what.   :shrug:

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#1 Re: Buggered my finger....
February 03, 2009, 08:52:41 pm
Ouch! Can you still do weights?

Scraggadoo

• addict
#2 Re: Buggered my finger....
February 04, 2009, 11:59:00 am
Yep can do...  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal