UKBouldering.com

hi..! (Read 2250 times)

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
hi..!
January 29, 2009, 03:10:27 pm
hi guys - this is my first post... :)

ok, I started bouldering at my local centre last night (durham climbing centre - anyone here go there?) and enjoyed it greatly...

the plan was to go 3 evenings a week (mon, wed and fri) - is this overly ambitious..?

I'm fairly fit, tho, I didn't really push myself too much last night in case I was too stiff today... :D

apart from injuries to fingers and tendons - what else should i be looking out for..?

any other advice welcome.. :)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Re: hi..!
January 29, 2009, 03:46:47 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forums :)

I'm moving this post to the training sub-forum btw...

Just take it easy and give your body a bit of time to adjust to the very specific demands of bouldering. Better to build up slowly than to get an early injury.

philo

• forum hero
#2 Re: hi..!
January 29, 2009, 04:54:07 pm
hullo i train at sunderland/newc and durham! most of the durham lot are a laugh so get talking to people etc 3 days a week should be fine really only have to worry about your fingers and if they are telling you to stop or go easy then dont go pushing it, well not at the start! hello and welcome

meatball

• menacing presence
    • Chuck Norris facts
#3 Re: hi..!
January 29, 2009, 06:02:09 pm
Watch experienced climbers and try to copy as best you can the way they move and approach problems etc. if its extra training of sorts you want to do, core tension will probably be best. Above all, keep it fun and get out on the rock. Welcome and enjoy

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal