UKBouldering.com

Which boots? (Read 16409 times)

andymarshll

• player
#25 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:11:10 pm
Well i'm a size 9/10 (44) and my vipers are a size 40, my venoms are 39s and so are my testarossas, but then i have stupid skinny feet so if i want to be able to edge rather than just stand on the toe i have to get super tight, when i tried on solutions they felt good in about a size 39, but i couldn't afford them, guess it's up to how much u want to spend.

eyehategod

#26 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:25:19 pm

Well if you've been to CragX in Sheffield.....

UK size 6 equates to Eurpoean 39.5 and Outside in Hathersage stock Miura 38-43 in whole sizes and Sportiva 40-43 in half-sizes.  :spank:  :read: :google:  ;)

Exactly, so they are too big so no point going!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#27 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:26:26 pm
so I'm gonna have to male order.
Do you have a web address for that?  ;)

Seriously, if you really can't find them locally then you'd be better spending all the P&P costs you'll waste, sending things back and forth to online places, on some pertol to drive somewhere with a better selection.  It's also an excuse to go climbing for the weekend, to make the distance worthwhile, obviously.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#28 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:31:07 pm

UK size 6 equates to Eurpoean 39.5 and Outside in Hathersage stock Miura 38-43 in whole sizes and Sportiva 40-43 in half-sizes.  :spank:  :read: :google:  ;)

But how do you know until you've tried, you might find that with the variation in manufacturing that there are a pair of 38's or 39's that fit.  You just can't tell until you've tried them on!!!

I mean for fucks sake, I've tried on several pairs of the same model and size of shoe and found one left one from one box that fits better than the others and one right one from a different box that fitted better than the others.  In part this is because one of my feet is slightly larger than the other, but I'd be extremly surprised if you weren't the same.  Weird that isn't it  ???

Besides which, its not like Outside is a million miles away as you seem to be under the impression, and you could even stop at Burbage/Stanage/Millstone/Owler Tor/Secret Garden/Houndkirk Tor and do some bouldering if the snow melts.

eyehategod

#29 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:32:50 pm
so I'm gonna have to male order.
Do you have a web address for that?  ;)

Seriously, if you really can't find them locally then you'd be better spending all the P&P costs you'll waste, sending things back and forth to online places, on some pertol to drive somewhere with a better selection.  It's also an excuse to go climbing for the weekend, to make the distance worthwhile, obviously.

Only place i've found that has what could be around my size is urban rock in London, which is a fair trek from where i am in Leeds. Plus i'm of to Koh Tao and Koh Samui at the end of the month so want my boots broken in by then and i ain't got the time to make a journey down to London.

eyehategod

#30 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:41:27 pm

But how do you know until you've tried, you might find that with the variation in manufacturing that there are a pair of 38's or 39's that fit.  You just can't tell until you've tried them on!!!

I mean for fucks sake, I've tried on several pairs of the same model and size of shoe and found one left one from one box that fits better than the others and one right one from a different box that fitted better than the others.  In part this is because one of my feet is slightly larger than the other, but I'd be extremly surprised if you weren't the same.  Weird that isn't it  ???

Besides which, its not like Outside is a million miles away as you seem to be under the impression, and you could even stop at Burbage/Stanage/Millstone/Owler Tor/Secret Garden/Houndkirk Tor and do some bouldering if the snow melts.

I do see your point, but given sportiva's reputation for bagging out (which i didn't know before)  i could see them becoming useless just like my Katana's have. I think i should be looking at 37 or less.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#31 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 02:55:18 pm
Only place i've found that has what could be around my size is urban rock in London, which is a fair trek from where i am in Leeds.
Right, last ditch attempt to help  ;D

Have you tried V12?  They have an amazing range of shoes, and Llanberis isn't that far from Leeds (plus you could go climbing).  I would be amazed if you couldn't find something in there, even I got shoes in there and my weird tiny troll feet fit nothing properly.  And, did you try any ladies shoes?  You're going to get loads more choice in 6's and thereabouts if you try ladies ones.

eyehategod

#32 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 03:14:52 pm
Only place i've found that has what could be around my size is urban rock in London, which is a fair trek from where i am in Leeds.
Right, last ditch attempt to help  ;D

Have you tried V12?  They have an amazing range of shoes, and Llanberis isn't that far from Leeds (plus you could go climbing).  I would be amazed if you couldn't find something in there, even I got shoes in there and my weird tiny troll feet fit nothing properly.  And, did you try any ladies shoes?  You're going to get loads more choice in 6's and thereabouts if you try ladies ones.

Just checked the route finder and it's gonna be just over 2 hours which is really good. I'll make the trip down there. Thanks for that magpie.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#33 Re: Which boots?
February 04, 2009, 03:52:03 pm
Hurrah!  Sucess at last.  :P

If it's only 2 hours then it's well worth a trip for the climbing alone, never mind the shoes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal