UKBouldering.com

Best (Cheapest!) Place for Aggressive Climbing Shoes? (Read 7204 times)

toughguy

Hi,

I've been climbing (mostly bouldering) for about 2 years now, and have always stuck to anasazi velcros. However, I now want something a bit more downturned. Where is the best place to find aggressive shoes ...i'm thinking maybe Jet7s or Solutions?

Cheers

Plattsy

• forum hero
These I think are agressive and appear to be discounted.

http://www.rockrun.com/products-Hooker-EZ_FT-RB-HKEZ.htm

Whether they fit you and are any good I have no idea.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
You wont really get Jet 7's or Solutions discounted anywhere.

bouldering dave

For the shoes you mentioned (solutions & jet 7's) http://www.bananafingers.co.uk/climbingshoes-c-22.html looks to be very well priced and free shipping over £60. theres also others you might be interested in i.e dragons, optimus primes etc. They dont seem to sell the very cheap brands like mad rock tho.

toughguy

To be honest I'm not really down with Madrock - I think their shoes are discounted for a reason!

I'm really after Sportiva or Five-Ten ...Banana Fingers is looking like a safe bet

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
To be honest, those prices aren't cheap enough, that it's worth posting back different shoes, on multiple occasions, and possibly still not even getting the shoes which fit best. You'd be better off going to Outside, or V12 and trying lots of different shoes, in lots of different sizes, and buying the best ones there and then. I wear Anasazi VCS's but fit different other shoes to lots of my friends who also wear Anasazi VCS's (i.e I fit Miuras, Solutions, Dragons, and Rockettes, but my mate fits Katanas, and Optimus Primes)

toughguy

I know it's best to try them on first ...but North Wales is a bit far to trek (unless i can fit some climbing in at the same time). BananaFingers is closer and cheaper.

That said, I've tried my mates Solutions on (resulting in some kind of foot leprosy), so i'm pretty sure a size 8 will do. Not so sure about Jet7s tho.

andy_e

• forum hero
Try them on in one place and then order them off the internet!

CJ Whitaker

www.ultimateoutdoors.co.uk has a sale on at the moment and are cheep climbing shoes try that site

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal