UKBouldering.com

Pretty much exclusively for Magpie (Read 658220 times)

milksnake

• menacing presence
dps exotics in warminster had some in stock last time i was there. He's probally sold out by now but he will get some more if you ask him. no idea on price i'm afraid

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
Iv'e got an image I just cannot shake now. "Here pussy, pussy."

Note that Mr Stallioni ignored Slackers advice on backlinking for that one ....  :lol:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Iv'e got an image I just cannot shake now. "Here pussy, pussy."

Note that Mr Stallioni ignored Slackers advice on backlinking for that one ....  :lol:

Yeah, he meant to share his blog with us all  :P

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
Either the Pygmy thing wins the award for most useless, cutest thing on here, or CGI has gotten a whole lot better.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
dps exotics in warminster had some in stock last time i was there. He's probally sold out by now but he will get some more if you ask him. no idea on price i'm afraid
Really?!  I don't know if I could actually have one though, I'm a bit funny about exotic pets, and breeding anything to be a pet in general, I'd rather they were in the wild really.  :'(  It is awfully cute though...  :whistle:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Took some pictures of my parents neighbours pedigree Birman cats the other day (she breeds them and has about 15 or so at the moment), they have gorgeous eyes...

Will stick a few more up once I've sorted through them.  She also had a Maine Coon cat that she was looking after for a friend that was HUGE, picture to follow (although none of them do its size justice)

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Ooh lovely! 

I love Maine Coons, they are huge.  Look forward to the rest of the pictures.  :thumbsup:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Now uploaded here are the rest of the shots...

And the Maine Coon, but as I say you really need someone in the picture to give a sense of scale as to how big she is, but alas I don't have any such shots.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Oh good god.  How beautiful are they?!  And there are 15 of them, all in the one place?  :bow:

They're lovely pictures too, well done you.  :thumbsup:  I bet they'll want to use them to show off the ones they breed, unless that was the reason for the photos in the first place.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Cheers Magpie, out of some 400 odd pics only a few came out (mainly 'cause I need to buy some decent prime's with wider apertures! That or drug them with catnip so they zonk out, but thats probably counter productive if they're just going to fall asleep!).

There's only two in the house at the moment and they're the ones in the shots (one of which is pregnant for the first time and apparently the kittens are ear-marked for some guy called Mark Owen from Take That). The rest are kept in the runs you can see some of in the shot the Maine Coon cat.

The lady who breeds them was after a shot or two for a calendar that she contributes too (it helps fund the charity she runs which rescues Birman's, she was telling us of a recent case in Wales where they had rescued some 15 cats and kittens from a total of some 28 or so, the cats were in a terrible condition and some couldn't even stand/walk, unfortunately the RSPCA weren't interested as when they went round there was food and water out for them the absence of which is the only thing the RSPCA were concerned about!!!).

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
apparently the kittens are ear-marked for some guy called Mark Owen from Take That
I did a wee squeal at that, I am  loser.  :-[

The lady who breeds them was after a shot or two for a calendar that she contributes too (it helps fund the charity she runs which rescues Birman's, she was telling us of a recent case in Wales where they had rescued some 15 cats and kittens from a total of some 28 or so, the cats were in a terrible condition and some couldn't even stand/walk, unfortunately the RSPCA weren't interested as when they went round there was food and water out for them the absence of which is the only thing the RSPCA were concerned about!!!).
That makes me so mad.  It's lucky there are people about who are willing to do rescues and stuff privately, that's where my Siamese came from, you'd think people who bred animals would take better care of them, wouldn't you?  :thumbsdown:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
apparently the kittens are ear-marked for some guy called Mark Owen from Take That
I did a wee squeal at that, I am  loser.  :-[

My better half offered to go and dust when he comes to collect them  ::)

That makes me so mad.  It's lucky there are people about who are willing to do rescues and stuff privately, that's where my Siamese came from, you'd think people who bred animals would take better care of them, wouldn't you?  :thumbsdown:

Yeah its shit that people who purportedly love their pets can't see when they are mal-treating them.

The cat-breeding lady told us an amusing story about when she was on holiday and out for a meal.  There was a couple encouraging a cat to come to their table, only to flick vinegar at it when it got close.  This really riled her and when they got up to leave she took the bottle of vinegar from her table and up-ended it over the couple as she went past asking them "How they liked it?"  :lol:  :thumbsup:.  Would have loved to have seen that, not someone to mess with!

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
What better kind of day to have!  :thumbsup:

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters

tomtom

• forum hero

tomtom

• forum hero

joeb

• addict
My personal favourite is the french horn shot. ;)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters

Quality  :bow:

Can you do German??

:'( I feel guilty about being wadded for that as it is nothing to do with me. All I did was link to the pic off the Daily Mash - click on the pic for the story...

tomtom

• forum hero

Quality  :bow:

Can you do German??

:'( I feel guilty about being wadded for that as it is nothing to do with me. All I did was link to the pic off the Daily Mash - click on the pic for the story...

Call it a finders fee..  :)  it made me chuckle...

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
This is weird...
Well yeah, if you spell weird, P R E T T Y F U C K I N G A W E S O M E.   :thumbsup:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
Look at this final proof of what I've always known: Spiders are cute (there's one that lives in my wing mirror and sahe's called Jemmima nine eyes anything called Jemmima has to be cute).

milksnake

• menacing presence
In the snake photo, the snake is starting its shedding cycle (the milky eye gives it away) and, therefore, has lost its appetite, try it again in a few days and you would have a very different picture indeed.
Edit, after reading the article, i find the story highly dubious. The snake is probably off feed at the moment. Snakes sometimes do this for no apparent reason for months on end (I think the record is something like 2 years). I would not be surprised if the furry fella disappeared one morning.

The tarantula is a curly hair (possibly costa rican as they are most common in the trade but you do get some subspecies occasionally) and is a very boring, timid species to keep. They are, however, great for freaking out arachnophobes as their easy going nature means you can do some pretty silly things with them, as in the photo.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:31:27 pm by milksnake »

Joepicalli

• forum abuser
In the snake photo, the snake is starting its shedding cycle (the milky eye gives it away) and, therefore, has lost its appetite, try it again in a few days and you would have a very different picture indeed.
Edit, after reading the article, i find the story highly dubious. The snake is probably off feed at the moment. Snakes sometimes do this for no apparent reason for months on end (I think the record is something like 2 years). I would not be surprised if the furry fella disappeared one morning.

The tarantula is a curly hair (possibly costa rican as they are most common in the trade but you do get some subspecies occasionally) and is a very boring, timid species to keep. They are, however, great for freaking out arachnophobes as their easy going nature means you can do some pretty silly things with them, as in the photo.
Hi expert person but I think you'll find the chipmunk is photoshoped in, the boringness of the spider (and your turgid comments) are so immaterial to what was a totally tongue in cheek post that I'm going to have to punter you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal