UKBouldering.com

Dead Fit birds who go climbing (part III) (Read 1031812 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
True but its very noticeable that there are very few birds from Sheffield on this thread.

Is photography permitted in The Works then?

benpritch

• forum abuser
i will stand by my point. celebrating someone's fitness may or may not be a good thing but ridiculing someone publicly for how they look is totally out of order whether someone on here knows them or not. 

having your personal appearance judged negatively on a national forum will almost definitely cause some upset to the person involved.

it is easy to criticise and say offensive stuff but the recipients of that vitriol actually exist and i'm certain they aren't impervious to what amounts to some pretty rancid comments.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
What Graeme said. The reason why, whether you admit it or not, is what Ben said.

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
i will stand by my point. celebrating someone's fitness may or may not be a good thing but ridiculing someone publicly for how they look is totally out of order whether someone on here knows them or not. 

having your personal appearance judged negatively on a national forum will almost definitely cause some upset to the person involved.

it is easy to criticise and say offensive stuff but the recipients of that vitriol actually exist and i'm certain they aren't impervious to what amounts to some pretty rancid comments.

If it's any consolation mate, if I wasn't a taken man... and we are talking purely aesthetics here, I would say that I think she is very attractive, but then I realise I appear to be in the minority here finding a bit of muscle on women attractive :shrug:
My girlfriend is starting to get quite muscley, and has now said her ambition for when her ankle heals is a sixpack for the summer  ;D
I'll stop drifting off topic now....

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Ben, perhaps either don't view this thread, or campaign to have it deleted.

Edit: Or maybe more sensibly, arranged to have it even more strictly moderated by default.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 11:43:09 am by Fiend »

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Insulting remarks about women’s appearances’ may well be entirely consistent with the thread topic, but this doesn’t make them any more big or clever.

jfw

• forum abuser
  • banananananana
celebrating someone's fitness may or may not be a good thing but ridiculing someone publicly for how they look is totally out of order whether someone on here knows them or not. 

:agree:

is "bit muscly for my tastes" really loads harder to say than "she looks like she had cocks grafted on her arms"

in that picture she looks like a nice climber - rather than a prepubescent annorexic with her pants up her arse - now i can appreciate boys like looking at the latter, but they can probably do so without dissing the former with quite such maliscious glee.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
is "bit muscly for my tastes" really loads harder to say than "she looks like she had cocks grafted on her arms"
No, but it's considerably less entertaining.

FWIW I've dissed the anorexic chicks too. Actually I have no problem with Ms Rands muscley arms, more that she looks so bloody skinny.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
I bet it's equally uncomfortable to some people
Equally? You're serious? Walking past a building site which would you prefer? A wolf-whistle, or a shout of 'you fucking dog'?
Yeah, I am serious.  Some of the 'positive' (now deleted, I hasten to add) comments posted on here would make me very uncomfortable if they were about me and are not really equivalent to a wolf whistle on the way past a building site.  Which although better than having insults shouted isn't always a pleasant experience for a female, in my opinion.

is "bit muscly for my tastes" really loads harder to say than "she looks like she had cocks grafted on her arms" ... can probably do so without dissing the former with quite such malicious glee.
That's the crux of it really, and malicious glee could be replaced with utterly depraved for the 'positive' comments.  I'm sure we had this discussion before and the consensus was it's OK to comment either way but let's all try and do it in a way that isn't massively insulting or hurtful.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a

Walking past a building site which would you prefer? A wolf-whistle, or a shout of 'you fucking dog'?

Erm - is either necessary, really? Are we so civilised now that when confronted with a member of the opposite sex we are compelled to shout something? of course I am simplifying to make a point - theres bravado and "look lads, I shouted at that 'bird'" going on, but honestly - that it happens at all is wrong.

The thing about being rude about someones appearance that makes it particularly offensive is that its often something that you cannot change - if you happen (such as I am) to be gifted with particularly good looks then lucky old you, if however the boot is on the other foot, to have it pointed out is tantamount to being part of a medieval freak show - i.e. you are pointing and laughing in a public place at me and thats not on. Surely we have evolved past this?

My point being - whether or not its about someones friend we shouldnt be being offensive about the appearance of another. This is the fucking internet - its public - everyone can see it! what you say down the pub whether offensive or otherwise is up to you, what you say here is immeadiately global - whose to say Wills isnt reading this now, with his 12 bore on his lap?

Having an opinion is fine. Airing it publically when its something about them they cant change is otherwise.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

It's ok, I'm quite thick skinned.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
It's ok, I'm quite thick skinned.

Given your appearance you have to be, you ugly twat.

(:) in case there was any doubt).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
 :P

I agree with magpie by the way.

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
I wholeheartedly apologise to anyone concerned with Victoria Beckam that I may have suggested a comparison between her and an old bag over on another thread.  I was quite incorrect.  She is a pug nosed old bag.

On the other hand Lisa Rands is a lovely person, as is Wills unless he has his 12 bore on him.  I also find Lisa attractive but then she is (just) shorter than me so that adds to the attraction quite considerably.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
She is a pug nosed old bag.

I always though that was because she was a Werepig? Like Kevin Bacon and Keifer Sutherland.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

Walking past a building site which would you prefer? A wolf-whistle, or a shout of 'you fucking dog'?

Erm - is either necessary, really?

That wasn't my point - I quite agree, neither is necessary. But if strangers are going to have a pop, I'd rather be complimented than insulted.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
But if strangers are going to have a pop, I'd rather be complimented than insulted.
But done in the wrong way a 'compliment' can be just as awkward or uncomfortable for the person on the receiving end.  I do see your point though, I'm just arguing for the sake of it now.  ;)

I agree with magpie by the way.
I've always said you were the prettiest.  :-*

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
But done in the wrong way a 'compliment' can be just as awkward or uncomfortable f

I'm not denying a 'compliment' can be offensive. But maintaining that it can be as offensive as an insult suggests you've never been insulted properly.

...and have to go round getting haughty over compliments instead. Must be tough being a hottie

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
Yeah, that'll be exactly what it is, damn me for being so gorgeous.  :lol:

Wipey Why

• forum hero
...and now for something completely different...

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
...and now for something completely different...

:lol:

JamesD

• obsessive maniac
  • one ton monkey
And now boys and girls....it's time to discuss......TRAD ETHICS!

Woohoo  :bounce:

Wipey Why

• forum hero

robertostallioni

• forum hero
They're all watching me, by the way.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
They're all watching me, by the way.

That would explain the "oh fuck, look at the punter, he's going to fall off and die" looks that at least two of them are sporting then...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal