UKBouldering.com

The Promise Flashed (Read 121348 times)

dave

#50 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:05:41 pm
When the guiness book of records want to see evidence at the record attempts for the most number of coins balanced on the elbow and then caught in one hand, do you simply put that down to jealously on the part of Norris McWhirter, cos he's past his prime in the old elbow-coin-flick world? Don't be retarded.

If you want to live in a world where everything is taken on face value and nothing is questioned, then get ready for your future guidebooks to be full of made-up stuff, cos it has and will continue to happen if otherwise.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#51 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:09:02 pm
<OT> Sorry slack-line, I managed to restrain myself a lot, but not all the way. Having been exposed to the UKC kids' eye-rolling cringe-inducing garbling for far too long now (yeah I know I should stop even lurking on UKC, well I only go on for John Cox and Serpico's posts honestly guv), any possibility of having even a shred of patience has entirely evaporated. </OT>

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#52 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:10:10 pm
Quote from: [s]ScouseD[/s] Chuck D
PLEASE CAN ONE WITNESS STEP FORWARD???!!!

<OT> Sorry slack-line, I managed to restrain myself a lot, but not all the way. Having been exposed to the UKC kids' eye-rolling cringe-inducing garbling for far too long now (yeah I know I should stop even lurking on UKC, well I only go on for John Cox and Serpico's posts honestly guv), any possibility of having even a shred of patience has entirely evaporated. </OT>

:hug: :kiss1:

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#53 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:10:36 pm
jwi - Fair point, I really hope this turns out to be one of these rare cases. But I'm not holding my breath.

Jealousy is an horrific thing to deal with. you're all getting past your prime and i understand you're a little bit peeved some youth has turned up and dispatched your dream wish-list in the blink of an eye.  :P
Old (never)has-been I may be, but funnily enough becoming a laughing stock, reliant solely on the insults of simpletons to defend my name, is not and has never been on any wish list of mine.
Believe me Karl, the doubt over Scott is not confined to the old, not by a long stretch.

I am sure we have been over this before, with the ace and the joker saga. He goes out and he does it, he doesn't take along some cock lord from CLIMB to take pictures. Or get his mates to video this fine ascent so he can post it on here so he can get virtual arse slapping from you all.
Exactly, which makes it all the more incredible that he would damage his tattered reputation further by making ever grander claims without back-up.

north_country_boy

• junky
#54 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:12:23 pm
On the money Dave.

Karl, you are in a rather unusual position.....you are the only person to have 'witnessed' Scotts greatness.... :bow: Therefore I can understand you 'trust' him.........however the masses haven't, therefore would like proof of these claims by, in your own words:

what is the best talent in climbing in the last few years

Unfortunate. Maybe. Necessary. Definately.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#55 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:26:44 pm
Can we all get on with our own shit now rather than tear a good kid to bits?
Nobody is tearing anyone to bits, stop being such a drama queen.  ::) 

If claims like this are made people are bound to talk about them, if Scott is simply keen to climb for the sake of climbing and doesn't want anyone to know about what he's been up to then he should tell the (few, unknown) people he's out with that he doesn't want it talked about anywhere.  If, on the other hand, he just can't be arsed with all the internet chitter-chatter and bullshit that goes along with repeats of well known hard lines then he should do as was suggested last time; turn the computer off, ignore us all and keep on climbing.  It's not rocket science.

Karl

• regular
    • My band, metal. more metal than yer mam's ketal.
#56 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:28:11 pm
North Country boy -  you'll love this. I wasn't even there!! I just got texts at silly o'clock from him telling me what he has done. I've been there when he has crushed font 8a (flash) in Val Di Mello, he also did a long standing project of 8a+ too. this was in July, i have no reason to doubt these further claims of crushing.

Bonjoy - He isn't ruining his reputation at all, his reputation is still in tip top condition my good sir, however your view of him is in the shitter.

Point worth noting, there was plenty of people who witnessed his antics up at stanage not so long ago, they don't post on here however. therefore, scott must be talking out of his arse right?

Scouse D

• forum hero
#57 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:43:23 pm
But Karl, He DIDN'T flash the joker.
He lied about that one so all other claims are put in doubt.

north_country_boy

• junky
#58 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:48:43 pm
Bonjoy - He isn't ruining his reputation at all, his reputation is still in tip top condition my good sir, however your view of him is in the shitter.

Maybe his reputation is intact at the new stable of shirehorse crushing power in Sheffield, the Edge, but elsewhere its shattered......

North Country boy -  you'll love this. I wasn't even there!!

Oh dear.

I for one Karl can understand why you feel Scott is maybe being 'ripped apart', however this would happen to anyone in his position, with his history of claiming ascents with no proof, or witnesses, especially when his mates seem more inclined to report the news than he does, therefore all info. seems to be 3rd hand/chinese whispers.......

Maybe you should speak to Scott about what he thinks about you fuelling the suspicion.

I've been there when he has crushed font 8a (flash) in Val Di Mello, he also did a long standing project of 8a+ too. this was in July, i have no reason to doubt these further claims of crushing.

After all, you are in a position unlike the rest of us, you have evidence of his 'crushing' ability.........surely you can understand peoples scepticism?

Point worth noting, there was plenty of people who witnessed his antics up at stanage not so long ago, they don't post on here however. therefore, scott must be talking out of his arse right?

No, just means the masses would like tio see proof or have a witness account, after all, if I had seen a mate do similar and doubt circulated, I would have no qualms about supporting them if asked to.

Karl

• regular
    • My band, metal. more metal than yer mam's ketal.
#59 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:49:09 pm
Ace is 8a right? He flashed that
Joker is 8b? He worked that for a few hours.

I get them mixed up....

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#60 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:50:06 pm
Ace 8b
Joker 8a

north_country_boy

• junky
#61 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:51:37 pm

Scouse was making reference to teh fact he LIED.

Paul B

• forum hero
#62 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:52:50 pm
if you actually DO get those two problems mixed up then shame on you.

Scouse can you explain further?

account_inactive

• forum hero
#63 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 12:55:40 pm

I can't beleive that it has taken so long for this information to get out.  I think that the source of it needs to come forward.  

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#64 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 01:04:56 pm
I'm sorry if this comes as a surprise to you, but you are very much mistaken. There are many unknowns in this story but this is not one of them. Maybe the view from my 'shitter' is a bit wider than yours.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#65 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 01:17:58 pm
Maybe the view from my 'shitter' is a bit wider than yours.

Can you confirm some basic dimensions Bonjoy? Circumference, sphincter  wall thickness etc? Just curious.

I think a good precedent in this discussion is Dolph entering the otherworldy realm (to him anyway) of the online medium to contest/clear up some areas of ambiguity with regards to a few previous matters. Also the recent scenario presented to us with Ioan Doyle's girlfriend leaping to his defence.I can understand entirely if someone doesn't want to switch their computer on and get swamped down with the sort of bullshit that goes down but it has to be said, it's almost sadly a necessity if you claim to be at or approaching the cutting edge of a sport. Even our Lord G has done the odd interview and been in the odd photo of test pieces. See Violent New Breed photo for example.

Fj

• menacing presence
#66 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 01:32:12 pm
OT:
See Violent New Breed photo for example.
I've not seen it, do you have a link? (Not that I'm questioning it obviously, just I've heard the holds are almost invisible)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#67 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 01:51:25 pm
Can't find it at present, so here's on with hair on some Peak thing or other:

EDIT:   This is part of the VNB pic:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 02:10:27 pm by GCW »

Monolith

• forum hero
#68 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 01:59:00 pm
I'm pretty sure Doylo has a poster of it. And I think he told me it might be possible to buy a print from Mr Wood. I hope this is the case.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#69 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 02:06:22 pm
Who's Mr Wood (if you don't me asking), i need one of those posters to aid the training power. I figure the presence of the lord is needed in my underground facility, you know, to gain that extra little bit of power that shirts off and power screams fail to deliver ;)

TomP

• obsessive maniac
    • www.tompeckittclimbing.com
#70 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 02:09:39 pm

Scouse was making reference to teh fact he LIED.

How do you know that he lied? Is that speculation or confirmed?

Did he do it but not flash it? Did he do it at all?

Monolith

• forum hero
#71 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 02:15:18 pm
Who's Mr Wood.

Ray Wood. Though I don't know the man or have a contact channel for you to see if this is possible, I'm sure plenty of people on here could advise you.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#72 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 02:17:23 pm
If you google Ray Wood Photographer, his details come up. I would like to want to hyperlink it for you, but haven't.

Krank

• junky
  • VIVA LA CHAPEL
  • Its meant to be hard
#73 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 02:20:01 pm
cheers

nik at work

• forum hero
#74 Re: The Promise Flashed
January 09, 2009, 02:32:48 pm
I don't really want to get embroiled in this sort of thing again but Scouse D could you please clarify what you mean by he lied?
Details, in what way did he lie? How do you know he lied? References etc.

After all it's hardly fair of us to express doubts over his ascents and yet accept your statement that he lied without first asking for some qualification.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal