UKBouldering.com

Illegal use of Houndkirk Right Of Way by Vehicles (Read 201655 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
 :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :dance1: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer2: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Good. if you want sympathy look between shit and syphallis in a dictionary.

Now hopefully you'll get it towed away by the plod, get prosecuted for driving on a SSSI and have to pay a big fine, plus the costs of recovering your vehicle.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
A bunch of snow-stuck cars on peak roads got burnt out over the last few weeks. Logic would imply the only people to have been able to access them would have been 4x4 drivers.

Nah, people have feet and can walk through snow that 4x4's get stuck in.

@Sloper : Andyrange said he wasn't off the permitted track.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Slackers, I don't actually care, legal use encourages illegal use. I don't want to see off road vehicles being used on bridleways etc in National Parks or at all (except for farmers and so on).

If 'legal' users happen to find their exit blocked so they can't get out and then on return their cars have been attended to by scum bag thieves, ticketed for obstruction etc etc then they'll be detered from going there.  Good job as far as I'm concerned.   

It's a bit like the English Defence Leauge, I don't approve of unlawful violence, but should these fascist scum pick the wrong time and place to exerise their right to free speech and get a kicking; then in truth I won't be that upset.

If the message goes out that using the 'legal' tracks is likely to lead to the loss of your vehicle or so much aggro that it's not worth the effort then that's a result in my book.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero

I'm not convinced the kind of person who torches a stuck car for fun is the kind who walks several miles to do it. Far more likely they were in a 4x4, or as Sloper says, on quad bikes. This systematic torching of stuck cars has not been known before in living memory, we haven't had such a significant snowfall in ten years. What has changed since the last time? The popularity of chavs cruising green lanes in 4x4s. All supposition obviously but I find walkers unlikely culprits.

Similarly, would you walk up to Houndkirk to steal wheels? And carry them back down? I doubt it.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

I'm not convinced the kind of person who torches a stuck car for fun is the kind who walks several miles to do it. Far more likely they were in a 4x4, or as Sloper says, on quad bikes. This systematic torching of stuck cars has not been known before in living memory, we haven't had such a significant snowfall in ten years. What has changed since the last time? The popularity of chavs cruising green lanes in 4x4s. All supposition obviously but I find walkers unlikely culprits.

Motives? Walkers who are fucked off with the trashing of the countryside might take the opportunity.  Some people are more pro-active than others.

Similarly, would you walk up to Houndkirk to steal wheels? And carry them back down? I doubt it.

Could be the same motive, but less damaging intent (i.e. teach them a lesson, but not completely ruin their pride and joy).

Pure conjecture though, but I don't see why a 4x4 driver would trash "one of their own", although the motive for a cheap pair of wheels is more compelling in this instance for 4x4 drivers than simply trashing the thing  :shrug:

dave

Pure conjecture though, but I don't see why a 4x4 driver would trash "one of their own",

Probably same reason some climbers nick other climbers' shit - some people are just knobheads.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
what I want to know is what where you doing up there apart from trashing the countryside?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Pure conjecture though, but I don't see why a 4x4 driver would trash "one of their own",

Probably same reason some climbers nick other climbers' shit - some people are just knobheads.

Nicking (wheels) yes but I don't see why they'd burn it out.

I've never seen or heard of random toching of sacks and pads at the crags.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
Have we been trolled?  Just a thought..............

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
didn't realise that dobbin had made a video!

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
Christ, you're weird Slackers  :bow: :thumbsup:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Christ, you're weird Slackers  :bow: :thumbsup:

Rickrolling (wasn't meant to be linked but the forums are too smart for me and embedded it despite the use of url bbcode to do said linking, the idea being that I had no idea if we'd been trolled, big FAIL for me on that one).

Snoops

• obsessive maniac
Main point here:
If you'd not been up trying to drive on what is essentially a bridleway accross a beautiful piece of  moorland you wouldn't of got stuck.  Most people can drive on the large tarmac road between the A625 and ringinglow quite successfully and without f**king up the countryside. So excuse me if I hope someone pisses in your fuel tank.

Hi Snoopy,

I have to point out that you are factually incorrect. Houndkirk Road is not a bridleway - it is a road. Anyone can drive down there in whichever vehicle they choose. In fact you don't even need a 4x4 - I've driven my bus over Houndkirk a couple of times, got some great looks from the walkers!

Also, if anyone were to urinate into my fuel tank, they would be doing little to help the situation. Obviously the vehicle needs towing anyway, but it's a lot safer to tow with the engine running so that the brakes and steering have power.

READ the post - 'essentially' a bridleway.  I know its 'technically' a road, just like the causeway, doesn't change the fact that its similar to a wide bridleway 99.5 % used by walkers, and MB, and horseriders, none of which rip the shit out of the track, and the moors either side,  and ruin everyone's f**king day with the noise and exhaust fumes.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 02:26:57 pm by Snoopy »

dave

Lets not forget either that 4x4 drivers don't exactly have an unblemished record on the stanage causeway either. I.e. driving off-track where its a bit muddy (diddums) and trashing an area of SSSI.

I agree with JB, 4x4s used in a recreational non-agricultural role should be ripping round shithole old quarries (horseshoe?) not the moors.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive

[/quote]

Rickrolling (wasn't meant to be linked but the forums are too smart for me and embedded it despite the use of url bbcode to do said linking, the idea being that I had no idea if we'd been trolled, big FAIL for me on that one).
[/quote]

Damn you Slackers!   :furious:  I've been whistling Rick Fuckin' Astley all afternoon!   :whistle:  The missus is threatening divorce but I can't get it out of my head.  Bend over......   :spank:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
Motives? Walkers who are fucked off with the trashing of the countryside might take the opportunity.

Sorry, musn't have made myself clear. The trashed cars were not 4x4s, nor were they off road. They were normal cars, on the roads (ringinglow, winnats, snake) that got stuck in the snow and had to be abandoned. Within a couple of days they'd either been burnt out or been vandalised - all windows smashed etc.

Does that sound like the actions of ramblers?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Motives? Walkers who are fucked off with the trashing of the countryside might take the opportunity.

Sorry, musn't have made myself clear. The trashed cars were not 4x4s, nor were they off road. They were normal cars, on the roads (ringinglow, winnats, snake) that got stuck in the snow and had to be abandoned. Within a couple of days they'd either been burnt out or been vandalised - all windows smashed etc.

Does that sound like the actions of ramblers?

Ahha I see where you're coming from now, I was under the impression it was the stuck 4x4's that had been burnt out  :oops:

Andyrange

Mission successful, vehicle recovered. Can't wait for the next snow fall, I'll be straight back up there to complete the challenge!

hairich

• obsessive maniac
i am almost lost for words
anyone who owns/drives a large all wheel drive vehicle anywhere on or off road who does not own a horse/sheep is a total fucking wanker.

andy you are a total retarded arsehole move your fucking motor or i will gladly fucking torch it

Andyrange

i am almost lost for words
anyone who owns/drives a large all wheel drive vehicle anywhere on or off road who does not own a horse/sheep is a total fucking wanker.

andy you are a total retarded arsehole move your fucking motor or i will gladly fucking torch it

Learn to fucking read you stupid prick. It's gone, I moved it with the help of some very good friends.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
what challenge? ruin the countryside?
as a petrol head I can fully understand why you enjoy doing your thing but why on places like stanage which is a beautiful place used by many other groups of people. Are there not off-road courses in fields and quarrys where nobody else really uses which you can go and trash instead?

Norton Sharley

• forum hero
Andyrange, are you a boulderer or did you just happen across this website?

Andyrange

Andyrange, are you a boulderer or did you just happen across this website?

I came across this website by googling something like "stuck in snow houndkirk" just to see if anyone was talking about my predicament.

I wouldn't call myself a boulderer as such, although I have been out a few times with mates. All my best mates are climbers, and I love tagging along with them when I get the chance.

This same group of mates are also heavily into 4x4s, green laning etc. The two activities go hand in hand as they both require a love for the great outdoors.

All the climbers I've ever met have been totally sound people, so it's quite a shock for me and my climbing buddies to read through this thread and see what a bunch of aggressive, selfish fucktards populate this forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal