UKBouldering.com

Giving away old climbing shoes?? (Read 3293 times)

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Giving away old climbing shoes??
November 17, 2008, 05:44:21 pm
Where?? Pretty scruffy (but recently washed), suitable for kids groups I guess. Hit me with some ideas around the Sheffopolis.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#1 Re: Giving away old climbing shoes??
November 17, 2008, 07:51:39 pm
I posted similar on UKC once, and some bloke emailed me. Need to trawl through hotmail account and find it. Never got round to posting mine either, cheers for reminder.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Giving away old climbing shoes??
November 20, 2008, 09:53:44 am
I contacted the bloke and due to insurance hassles has had to stop taking anyone from his charity climbing anymore, so I'm afraid I've drawn a blank. Must be more around.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#3 Re: Giving away old climbing shoes??
November 20, 2008, 11:11:15 am
Hmmm yeah. Might just ask at the walls or something. Or outdoor centres, don't know of any though...

BenF

• forum hero
#4 Re: Giving away old climbing shoes??
November 20, 2008, 12:20:19 pm
I've given away old shoes that aren't too fucked, usually to schools via teachers that I know.  I've recently given away old outdoor clothing to my school but we don't take pupils climbing so my many, many old shoes are currently in a huge box in a cupboard at home.  I'm claiming that I'm saving them in case I go DWS at some point again.

In the past I've also given reasonable shoes to a friend who runs a climbing wall but again, they only wanted ones that were in usuable nick, and most of my old ones are fucked.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal