UKBouldering.com

five ten jet 7, the test (Read 8780 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
five ten jet 7, the test
November 17, 2008, 03:54:09 pm
the other day the nice guys of the shop gave me a pair of jet7 to try while i wait for my new dragons, an offer i couldn't refuse.
i used them yesterday and was impressed by: the precision; the fact that they seem to be even narrower than dragons; the overall good sensations. very very tight, though. still don't know how much they will soften and stretch, but will let you know.
i think the heel is rather good, while the rubber patch on the upper of the toe box isn't as good as, for example, the sportiva solution one: it's less sticky if you have to paste it rather than hook it.

Iesu

• obsessive maniac
#1 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
November 21, 2008, 11:33:53 am
still don't know how much they will soften and stretch, but will let you know.

quite a lot in my experience!

also the heel doesn't feel too good to me, but it IS better than anazazi heels (either new or old). I think my heel assessments are skewed by the awesomeness of the solutions....

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#2 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 12, 2008, 05:17:39 pm
so the test is going on.
i have climbed outdoor with the jet7 a couple of times, not more due to horrific weather, but i had to start wearing them in the gym to soften them, because they are still very very tight, so tight that sensibility is hindered a bit, esp. in the very front point. bear in mind that i think i'm quite light (65 kilos) so maybe bigger climbers would bash them more.
i'd say i like them, they fit the narrow feet and are very precise. i also like the heel, sometimes the solution heels are too bulky to fit everywhere, and lack precision.
anyway...

saltbeef

• forum hero
#3 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 12, 2008, 11:27:26 pm
yeah, i think they're quite good. they are starting to stretch abit mind...

mark_mcq

#4 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 23, 2008, 06:54:11 pm
I've had the jet7's for around 2 months now, bought them in Font and could climb with them after just a day of breaking in.. They are far softer and more precice than the anasazi velcro's I had before. I bought the same size as i used with my old boots and I would say they have streched just a little bit more.. So I would say buy half a UK size smaller than normal. Can only think one one boot which even came close to the performance of the jet7's, which was the old red dragon velcro's.. Hope this info is useful!

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#5 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 23, 2008, 07:18:35 pm
bought them in Font

Where about's and how much?

mark_mcq

#6 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 23, 2008, 07:45:15 pm
Got them at the Decathlon at the large shopping centre near Chailly en Bière, if memory serves me right they were 115 euros..

andy_e

• forum hero
#7 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 24, 2008, 10:40:09 pm
That's £115 nowadays  :o

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#8 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
December 25, 2008, 12:18:45 am
I have to say my jet 7's weren't the ideal Grit slab technicians shoe of choice on Tuesday but on the hallowed lime and rhyolite they get the  :thumbsup:

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
#9 Re: five ten jet 7, the test
March 18, 2009, 02:46:45 pm
ok the test is now over.
the jet7 is an amazing shoe to me. full stop. it enabled me to crush the roof due to its precise front and fully covered heelcup.
soft, probably not good for the heavy ones (fred nicole btw is no stick insect).
over and out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal