UKBouldering.com

anti pump sleeves!! (Read 15389 times)

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#25 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
January 13, 2009, 10:10:49 pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4136018.stm

nice bit explaining paula's compression socks here. I can't believe that the benefits that apply to marathon running would apply to climbing.

I dunno, You may see someone top out then squat atop the boulder, pull their shorts to the side then crap/wee (Whatever she did?)

stonemonkey

• regular
#26 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
March 02, 2009, 06:45:42 pm
if anything, these would probably inhibit my climbing rather than improve it, if you want to reduce pumped arms - train more

clgladiator

• menacing presence
  • a deceptively
    • Climbing Photography
#27 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
March 14, 2009, 11:21:03 am
Too me they just look like the sleeves from a compaction top, if your considering buying something like that, would probably be worth just buying the whole top as you can use them as base layers.

DubDom

• menacing presence
#28 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
March 28, 2009, 12:13:15 am
more curious in the theory than the product. tubigrip would do it too.

milksnake

• menacing presence
#29 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
May 15, 2009, 04:10:57 am
wouldn't squeezing your forearm with a sleeve just increase the rate you pumped out at? i though you got pumped due to a combination of having your arms raised so far above your heart (the extra energy needed to pump the blood higher causing a drop in fluid pressure) and that the muscles in your forearm are contracting so hard they actually squeeze the blood vessels and inhibit the flow of fresh blood. how on earth is squeezing them even more going to help?
Edit: oops, forgot to go back to recent posts after a reply  :alky:

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
#30 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
May 15, 2009, 08:16:41 am
i recently got a pair of compression/medical sleeves off my cousin's husband who woks for a comp that makes them.
i tried different methods of using them (mainly on my arms :P)
as it had been some time since i had been leading indoors and not many sessions back since a 3 wk holiday, my stamina and power was shit
wore on 1 arm whilst climbing definately made that arm feel pumped even after 1 route
wearing them (as advised by adam) during rest periods after climbing felt they were working
will be trialing them out for another few weeks so maybe when i'm stronger, i may see more benifit of wearing them

tobym

• menacing presence
#31 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
May 15, 2009, 11:21:40 am
i recently got a pair of compression/medical sleeves off my cousin's husband who woks for a comp that makes them.
as it had been some time since i had been leading indoors and not many sessions back since a 3 wk holiday, my stamina and power was shit
wore on 1 arm whilst climbing definately made that arm feel pumped even after 1 route
wearing them (as advised by adam) during rest periods after climbing felt they were working
will be trialing them out for another few weeks so maybe when i'm stronger, i may see more benifit of wearing them

So, as a result of wearing it, the arm in question was more pumped? and you see this as an improvement because?

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#32 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
May 15, 2009, 11:51:19 am
("i live in font, i don't train, i just climb" the usual s*** that neil says... ;)

:off:

I am so so sorry Nibs, I would like to say that Neil is sprouting s*** to make you feel better, but I can vouch for the fact that though there is a training board here, I have yet to see him on it (other than the day it was finished).

To make you feel better though, I don't train and I am sure my climbing grade has actually gone down since moving out here  :o

namnok

• forum abuser
  • John May Lives
#33 Re: anti pump sleeves!!
May 15, 2009, 12:13:20 pm

So, as a result of wearing it, the arm in question was more pumped? and you see this as an improvement because?

never said it was....
more of an experiment to see if did keep arm pump at bay whilst climbing

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal