UKBouldering.com

N.Wales at the weekend (Read 2765 times)

(woz)

• forum abuser
N.Wales at the weekend
September 22, 2003, 02:45:07 pm
what will the seepage situation be like at parisellas at the weekend or is it too early to tell?
also is fachwen any good. drove past it last time and it looked really nice. has anyone got any recomendations for good places to go around there at the weekend?

woz

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#1 N.Wales at the weekend
September 22, 2003, 05:22:42 pm
Fachwen is shit, only 70s throwbacks and acid frazzled hippies go there. Go up the Pass if the weather permits.

The state of Parisella's will depend on the wind. It is quite rare for it to be completely unclimbable.

I'm sure it will be fine at the weekend.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#2 N.Wales at the weekend
September 23, 2003, 09:38:15 am
cheers for that, we will probably head for somewhere in the pass or maybe porth ysgo if the weather doesnt look too good

(woz)

• forum abuser
#3 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 10:48:18 am
i finally got my trip to wales this weekend. it was fantastic. we went to the bethesda boulders on saturday and fachwen and parisellas on sunday. fachwen was pretty shite but it was quite a nice place for chillin out.
what are the consensus grades for the amazin groove n the first boulder (v8 in the old guide) and the v8 traverse on the second boulder?
as usual i got spanked in parisellas and realised how little stamina i have actually got :x  top place though.

dave

#4 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 11:03:42 am
Quote from: "(woz)"

what are the consensus grades for the amazin groove n the first boulder (v8 in the old guide).

Is this the Caseg Groove? V5.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#5 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 01:48:47 pm
could be...felt about v5/6
we need someone who knows his shit...mr panton perhaps?

dave

#6 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 01:54:39 pm
if you mean the groove at caseg boulders then its deffo benchmark V5 - i couldn't tell from the wording of your post if you were on about caseg boulders or something at fachwen.

(woz)

• forum abuser
#7 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 02:03:30 pm
yeah it was at the caseg boulders. i was confused at why it got v8 in the old guide though, they must have got a bit over enthusiastic.
anyone know about the traverse on the second boulder?

dave

#8 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 02:39:27 pm
i think the old guide was written by visiting jon barton on a weekend trip, hence most of the grades are wrong. theres "V8s" at split infinity on that guide which i've done bare foot, not even northern soul V8s are that generous.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#9 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 06:25:06 pm
Didn't I tell you that Fachwen was shite?! It is quite hard to believe how much fuss this crock of obscure wank has generated over the years. I blame it all on Jim Perrin, and come to think of it, his son Will - those fuckers have got a lot to answer for. Even if it was the last crag on the face of the earth I would still rather play netball with a load of busty young ladies - actually that sounds great anyway.

The top Caseg Traverse is also V5.

I shouldn't bite the carrot that Dave is dangling in front of me, but what the hell, I like carrots.

Go and try Wavelength for a soft touch Northern Soul V8 you cheeky scamp!

...okay, so I do realise that might be an exception.

dave

#10 N.Wales at the weekend
October 13, 2003, 07:37:36 pm
i will try wavelength next time i'm there. never been up there at all in fact.

I was thinking more of gnasher, beaver cleaver,....shit actually they're the only ones i've done. :oops:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal