UKBouldering.com

noob gets wrist horrors (Read 3722 times)

Breaded_Gecko

• regular
noob gets wrist horrors
October 28, 2008, 11:53:41 pm
i'm a noob....getting sharp pains in one wrist around tendons. was bouldering 2-3 x weekly... any tips to speed up recovery? is this normal? or summat to worry about? been three days since i was doing some hanging from a door frame. still paining me. very annoying. do i break for a while?

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#1 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 29, 2008, 03:10:56 pm
More towards back of wrist? Might want to lay on door hang dead hangs for a week and get one of those metolius gripsavers. I must have done something similar last year, found that reverse forearm curls sorted it out

Paul B

• forum hero
#2 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 29, 2008, 03:45:46 pm
i'm a noob....getting sharp pains in one wrist around tendons. was bouldering 2-3 x weekly... any tips to speed up recovery? is this normal? or summat to worry about? been three days since i was doing some hanging from a door frame. still paining me. very annoying. do i break for a while?

seems a bit early for door frame hangs to me?

St Hubbins, please never suggest anyone buys one of those metolius things. They're expensive and break very easily.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 29, 2008, 03:58:48 pm
do i break for a while?

I'm not sure if breaking is any better for the wrists. Especially doing handspins.

St Hubbins

• stalker
  • Where the magic happens...
#4 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 29, 2008, 04:06:34 pm
St Hubbins, please never suggest anyone buys one of those metolius things. They're expensive and break very easily.
[/quote]

The new ones don't.

Munkii

• stalker
#5 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 29, 2008, 05:26:33 pm

:whistle:

Breaded_Gecko

• regular
#6 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 29, 2008, 07:26:43 pm
and not one masturbation comment?! blimey, this really isn't a UKC forum!  :bow:

More towards back of wrist? Might want to lay on door hang dead hangs for a week and get one of those metolius gripsavers. I must have done something similar last year, found that reverse forearm curls sorted it out

ta for the reply. pains where just underneath, bit further down from where wrist meets hands...seems less painful yesterday. whooha!...

been using one of those Powerball things -- THAT might explain it - as well as the hanging, pull ups and climbing. best ease up a bit.

"reverse forearm curls": how are they done? do you mean with weights?

seems a bit early for door frame hangs to me?

thanks for the tip.how early is to early? 9am? 11am ;) i must say that the door frame hangs are a tad strenuous. think of getting the gripsaver sqeezy ball... can always take it back if it breaks. any thoughts/words of caution on getting the metolious finger board?

I'm not sure if breaking is any better for the wrists. Especially doing handspins.

i think warm ups/downs might be what i need, rather than slack off the training... seems to be healing. phew! just don't mention 'corpal tunnel syndrome'. geez.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#7 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 30, 2008, 08:33:53 am
I was actually being unhelpful.

This was the handspin and breaking I was referring to

Munkii

• stalker
#8 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 30, 2008, 06:36:38 pm
any thoughts/words of caution on getting the metolious finger board?

i've got one, im 12 and my tendons are fine after training on it for about 4 months. words of caution: warm ups are essential for any hang board, never go sraight in at your maximum ability (start easy), and don't do too much. follow that and you should be fine. :)

MUNKII

matthew

• menacing presence
#9 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
October 31, 2008, 07:46:48 pm
I find Metolious boards to coarse for heavy training, and the small holds ain't that small. These look sweet

http://www.beastmaker.co.uk/products.htm

Breaded_Gecko

• regular
#10 Re: noob gets wrist horrors
November 01, 2008, 02:25:02 pm
thanks all. wrists now fine... think more than 6hrs sleep a night might be also where i'm going wrong... getting those handspins, windmills and turtles down me now, as advised.

beastmaker looks nice... might get one when i figure out how the site works.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal