UKBouldering.com

Jorgeson Repeats The Promise (Read 49920 times)

T_B

• forum hero
#125 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 13, 2008, 03:32:36 pm
Quote from: grimer link=topic=10254.msg172257#msg172257
And these americans are free of those burdens

but are they? Ok they'd not been to the crags before, but have probably seen Hard Grit, and could well have read the same articles, seen the same websites, read the same guidebooks as locals. I know the american stereotype precludes this, but I bet they haven't lived in a bubble until now.

Yeah but these routes won't be talked about in the hushed tones that they are over here. So the come to them with little pre-conceptions. It's great to hear about Alex H just laybacking his way all the way up Ulysses as if it's just another highball on the Plantation circuit :lol:

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#126 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 13, 2008, 05:54:45 pm
...which it might be now but probably wasn't when Neil Foster tried it...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#127 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 13, 2008, 09:07:46 pm
hello Simes I sent you an Email but also decided to drop you a note here. Dont call people or me an arse just because they have a different view to you, there would be no point to forums or any discusion if they just decended into children calling each other arse. People calling each other names for no good cause is one of the reasons there are so few interesting people with views on here. If you do want to keep calling me names have the good grace to put your full name at the end of your message. Stevie.

Like you have never slagged anyone off in your life Steve :)

stevie haston

• player
#128 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 12:52:37 pm
SA cris , not in a public forum for no reason, and while I,am at it, why doesnt he slag off Hocking and the other people who share my views, come on get real, to call some one an arse and then think some one might not be waiting out side the school playground, gee whizz. Sorry bonjoy there are lots of interesting people on this site and I have learnt some stuff here, I am thankful for that, thats what I am here for, to share opinions and get some info, not call people arses. I hope I have paid my dues by posting some interesting things up and sharing knowledge. Stevie.

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#129 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 04:46:05 pm
hello Simes I sent you an Email but also decided to drop you a note here. Dont call people or me an arse just because they have a different view to you, there would be no point to forums or any discusion if they just decended into children calling each other arse. People calling each other names for no good cause is one of the reasons there are so few interesting people with views on here. If you do want to keep calling me names have the good grace to put your full name at the end of your message. Stevie.

My full name is Simon Nadin. And I'm not joking. Cheers.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#130 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 05:05:21 pm

The Simon Nadin?

(Your vids show that you've grown some serious dreds since then if you are one and the same!)

andy popp

• forum hero
#131 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 05:43:09 pm
I hope I have paid my dues by posting some interesting things up and sharing knowledge. Stevie.

Definitely, I hope you stick around.

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#132 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 07:54:54 pm
Well said that man.

I bet there aren't many around who don't have a 'Stevie' story to tell along with their 'Johnny' stories (Dawes or Redhead). One of the things I like most about climbing isn't the climbing itself but the idiots you meet.

At the club where I started in Cleethorpes there was a guy who had the well deserved nickname of 'Harry the Bastard'. Most wouldn't dream of introducing him to their mothers, but to me at 18, well I thought he was a legend.

Climbing needs people who don't know any better than to be who they are. Don't go changing Stevie.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#133 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 08:08:21 pm
My my.

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#134 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 14, 2008, 08:54:31 pm
I don't know what's come over me this evening, that almost strayed into the realms of tie-die, fishermans trousers and yoghurt weaving. At least Four Weddings and a Funeral is on in a minute.

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#135 Re: Jorgeson Repeats The Promise
November 15, 2008, 05:07:02 pm

The Simon Nadin?

(Your vids show that you've grown some serious dreds since then if you are one and the same!)

I am Simon Nadin, but I've never been world champ. Si.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal