UKBouldering.com

Skin care? (Read 12371 times)

SamT

• forum hero
#25 Re: Skin care?
October 18, 2013, 12:19:24 pm

Another plus one for Dream Cream from Lush.  Got some for my Birthday (by request) and my eczema virtually cleared up overnight. Skin felt amazing after a couple of overnight uses. 

Was using Anusol on a couple of really grim skinned knuckles (right on the crease) from peg cracks and that seemed to heal em up pretty fast. (took 7 days to completely heal)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#26 Re: Skin care?
October 18, 2013, 12:45:34 pm
On re-reading this thread, I can confirm that I have tried Dream cream and it has had no effect whatsoever on my eczema. We do use it on the boy though, and it is at least as good as the emollients we were prescribed for him. Rather more effective was removing any detergents when washing his clothes.

Have tried Dermol cream for my feet, and that works quite well.

loooeese

#27 Re: Skin care?
October 27, 2013, 09:55:51 am
I have super-soft skin, tip pain/flappers are usually the limiting factor on climbing days.

I'm half thinking that its because of over moisturising - I moisturise my face and body at least daily (No7 and E45 respectively) and obviously inadvertently my hands as well. Anyone else find this?

blacky

• addict
#28 Re: Skin care?
October 27, 2013, 06:30:35 pm
I find moisturiser gives me flakey dead skin if I use it too much. I  have soft sweaty tips and find anti-hydral works wonders for me, but you have to go easy and sand regularly and moisturise if it gets too dry/sore. I think Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream has lanolin in it? Fuckin' stinks of wool like.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#29 Re: Skin care?
October 27, 2013, 07:01:31 pm
Fuckin' stinks of wool like.

Manly statements like this do not cloud the real truth after displaying a fraction of your skin care knowledge in the above post.

You love your cosmetics. You know your shit. I've felt those supportive hands when I needed them most. Tell us more... :yes:

blacky

• addict
#30 Re: Skin care?
October 27, 2013, 08:44:31 pm
If you want me to recommend you a BB cream just come out and say it!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal