#6127 Re: Da News
February 19, 2016, 02:19:14 pm
She is?

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#6128 Re: Da News
February 19, 2016, 03:47:08 pm
Had someone attempt to do the very same thing to me, DT90 and some other reprobates... she had a few determined attempts.

Caused a little concern at the time.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#6129 Re: Da News
March 06, 2016, 11:46:56 pm
Oh some many to choose from... :o :sick: :badidea: :slap: :alien: :guilty:

http://gu.com/p/4ha8f

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#6130 Re: Da News
March 18, 2016, 09:24:53 pm
Wow! Not even the nicest man in the cabinet.

Iain Duncan Smith quits over planned disability benefit changes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35848687

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomtom

• forum hero
#6131 Re: Da News
March 18, 2016, 09:44:10 pm
Or....

Quits after years of universal credit failures.

Allowing him to focus on brexit campaigning

To come back in swinging on Boris' knackers if BoJo becomes PM.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6132 Re: Da News
March 18, 2016, 09:51:58 pm

Or....

Quits after years of universal credit failures.

Allowing him to focus on brexit campaigning

To come back in swinging on Boris' knackers if BoJo becomes PM.

Yep, could be the start of coup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6133 Re: Da News
April 01, 2016, 10:44:35 am
Anyone fancy getting their kit off in 'ull?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-35918834

tomtom

• forum hero
#6134 Re: Da News
April 01, 2016, 11:01:12 am

Anyone fancy getting their kit off in 'ull?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-35918834

Interesting this one - much slated by some luurcals, but the artist has a lot of kudos. It's a bit of a coup really....

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#6135 Re: Da News
April 01, 2016, 11:06:55 am
Indeed! One of my bro's has done a couple of them before. I'm up for it but don't know if I can be arsed travelling to Hull just to get my kit off  :spank:

tomtom

• forum hero
#6136 Re: Da News
April 01, 2016, 01:58:45 pm

Indeed! One of my bro's has done a couple of them before. I'm up for it but don't know if I can be arsed travelling to Hull just to get my kit off  :spank:

It's on a Saturday - go take the kids to the Deep... If they like aquarium thingies it's pretty good.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6137 Re: Da News
April 03, 2016, 06:53:58 pm
Panama Papers

Over a year ago, an anonymous source contacted the Süddeutsche Zeitung (SZ) and submitted encrypted internal documents from Mossack Fonseca, a Panamanian law firm that sells anonymous offshore companies around the world. These shell firms enable their owners to cover up their business dealings, no matter how shady.

In the months that followed, the number of documents continued to grow far beyond the original leak. Ultimately, SZ acquired about 2.6 terabytes of data, making the leak the biggest that journalists had ever worked with. The source wanted neither financial compensation nor anything else in return, apart from a few security measures.

The data provides rare insights into a world that can only exist in the shadows. It proves how a global industry led by major banks, legal firms, and asset management companies secretly manages the estates of the world’s rich and famous: from politicians, Fifa officials, fraudsters and drug smugglers, to celebrities and professional athletes.

http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/articles/56febff0a1bb8d3c3495adf4/

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6138 Re: Da News
April 03, 2016, 09:19:52 pm
Panama Papers

Over a year ago, an anonymous source contacted the Süddeutsche Zeitung (SZ) and submitted encrypted internal documents from Mossack Fonseca, a Panamanian law firm that sells anonymous offshore companies around the world. These shell firms enable their owners to cover up their business dealings, no matter how shady.

In the months that followed, the number of documents continued to grow far beyond the original leak. Ultimately, SZ acquired about 2.6 terabytes of data, making the leak the biggest that journalists had ever worked with. The source wanted neither financial compensation nor anything else in return, apart from a few security measures.

The data provides rare insights into a world that can only exist in the shadows. It proves how a global industry led by major banks, legal firms, and asset management companies secretly manages the estates of the world’s rich and famous: from politicians, Fifa officials, fraudsters and drug smugglers, to celebrities and professional athletes.

http://panamapapers.sueddeutsche.de/articles/56febff0a1bb8d3c3495adf4/

Lovely.

Anyone surprised?

I think I laid out, on a different thread, how I (quite legally) used to arrange registration and ownership of large (multimillion) yachts.

1: Register company one in suitable jurisdiction (Bahamas, Virgins, Bermuda......),

2: Company one buys (off the shelf) company two in a.n.other suitable jurisdiction.

3: Company two registers as a "Foreign Maritime Entity" in a favourable Maritime Registry (usually a Red Ensign, as they have good safety/manning/inspection reputations and regulations and this adds value) and buys company three off the shelf.

4: Vessel is Listed as property of Company three and registered in Maritime Jurisdiction, taxes etc all paid in that jurisdiction.

5: The vessel it's self is never sold, only shares in company one, meaning that tracing the Beneficial owner means getting three different Jurisdictions to reveal directors and shareholders and if those are foils too, well....

This is pretty common in the Maritime world, though it has more to do with liability than finance (well, both (and one of the reasons I quit)).

Fultonius

• forum hero
  • Was strong but crap, now weaker but better.
    • Photos
#6139 Re: Da News
April 03, 2016, 09:43:18 pm
And the BBC jump on the news that Gadaffi, Putin, Mubarrek and Assad all had/have shady companies.  Am I surprised?  No. Does it provide any reason to escalate the current conflicts even more? Not in my opinion.

I love how they point their condescending fingers but have decided to keep quiet about our fine Mr Cameron's father, Ian Cameron and his links to this leak....

tomtom

• forum hero
#6140 Re: Da News
April 03, 2016, 09:52:39 pm
It looks like the main source and other papers (like the guardian) have been working on the material for a number of weeks - much like the wiki leaks case - so most of what the BBC are reporting is the scraps so far released by these sources. 5 million emails, over a million pdf docs - it's huge and will keep on giving...

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6141 Re: Da News
April 03, 2016, 11:21:36 pm
And the BBC jump on the news that Gadaffi, Putin, Mubarrek and Assad all had/have shady companies.  Am I surprised?  No. Does it provide any reason to escalate the current conflicts even more? Not in my opinion.

I love how they point their condescending fingers but have decided to keep quiet about our fine Mr Cameron's father, Ian Cameron and his links to this leak....

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/04/corporate-media-gatekeepers-protect-western-1-from-panama-leak/

Footwork

• forum abuser
  • Living With Wads
    • Living With Wads
#6142 Re: Da News
April 03, 2016, 11:27:46 pm

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2016/04/corporate-media-gatekeepers-protect-western-1-from-panama-leak/

It's the classic film plot where the hacker thinks they've shone the torch deep into the dark and cobwebbed corners, exposing the baddies for who they are, only to realise the web is spun all around them.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#6143 Re: Da News
April 04, 2016, 11:18:45 am

It's the classic film plot where the hacker thinks they've shone the torch deep into the dark and cobwebbed corners, exposing the baddies for who they are, only to realise the web is spun all around them.
Not entirely stifled...

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/04/04/greatest-tax-scandal-history-exposes-david-camerons-millionaire-father/

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#6144 Re: Da News
April 04, 2016, 11:35:40 am
Passing 2.6Terabytes to a German newspaper who have decided to keep it under lock and key is not quite the same as depositing all the leaked documents somewhere publicly available for anyone to access such as WikiLeaks though.

Someone has started doing clever things with what information they have available....

Map of where money is hiding based on the Panama Papers

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

tomtom

• forum hero
#6146 Re: Da News
April 08, 2016, 10:52:19 am
http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/after-finally-admitting-he-did-have-a-stake-in-his-fathers-offshore-fund-cameron-needs-to-resign-and-a6973631.html

Blunt, for a national (semi) Broadsheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very. Surprised theres not been more said about his use of Rich Bastard (I think thats what he said) in the copy...

BTW - for those doubting the BBC/Guardian would take on the Cameron story....

dave

#6147 Re: Da News
April 08, 2016, 10:59:33 am
Fantastic as the prospect of Hameron being forced to resign is, the fly in that ointment is we'll probably then end up with Osborne as PM instead.

But on the other hand I can't believe for a second that Gideon isn't involved in some way in some kind of dodgy tax dodging schemes with his millions. As the main ideological point of being a Tory is to act in total self interest instead of the collective good, and tax dodging is I suppose the ultimate expression of self-interest. Thus I wouldn't be surprised if most if not all of the rich Tory top brass are up to it.

rich d

• forum hero
#6148 Re: Da News
April 08, 2016, 02:18:46 pm
More shocking than him have had shares would have been if he didn't. His hypocrisy to say that he didn't benefit from his fathers off shore tax free company is just ridiculous, he must have had a fucking huge paper round to pay himself through Eton, the lack of deafening calls for him to resign from most sides of parliament suggest that they all think it's acceptable, as no doubt they all have them themselves.

Evil

• addict
#6149 Re: Da News
April 08, 2016, 02:26:50 pm

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal