UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1531586 times)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#4650 Re: Da News
November 02, 2012, 04:14:06 pm
Fucking pisstaker. Should be doing time for embezzlement.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#4651 Re: Da News
November 02, 2012, 06:54:08 pm
I'm a bit unclear exactly what he's done given his statement so contradicts the committee, but they obviously think it's fraud.

Fair enough.

Where I struggle is this: cheating the taxpayer - fraud - generally results in a criminal conviction. see here for examples:
http://benefitfraud.blogspot.co.uk/2012_01_01_archive.html

A Weymouth man has been warned he faces jail after admitting benefit fraud charges totalling nearly £40,000.

Just as well that chap didn't have a home in Yeovil, eh, David Laws?
read this

So why don't MPs get equality under the law? They're usually quick enough pay lip service to its obligations upon us. Are we really all 'in it together'?

Dr T

• forum hero
#4652 Re: Da News
November 02, 2012, 07:06:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4653 Re: Da News
November 03, 2012, 08:26:27 am
Kuntz Korner: A late contender enters the fray -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227086/They-angels-Headmistresss-cruel-dismissal-girls-abused-Jimmy-Savile-claims-told-to.html

Quote from: Daily Mail
Schoolgirls molested by Jimmy Savile were dismissed as 'delinquents' yesterday by their former headmistress.
Margaret Jones said some of her pupils at Duncroft Approved School were 'no angels', and had traded sex for cigarettes.
Some were coming forward now with 'wild allegations' about abuse only to make money, and had only themselves to blame if they had not complained at the time, she claimed.

Glad we've got that cleared up at last.

Time to move on then?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4656 Re: Da News
November 08, 2012, 12:29:09 pm
Extraordinary statement from Cameron linking Gays with paedophiles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20251939

"There is a danger, if we're not careful, that this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay and I'm worried about the sort of thing you are doing right now - giving me a list of names that you've taken off the internet."

tomtom

• forum hero
#4657 Re: Da News
November 08, 2012, 01:52:38 pm
Extraordinary statement from Cameron linking Gays with paedophiles:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-20251939

"There is a danger, if we're not careful, that this could turn into a sort of witch-hunt, particularly against people who are gay and I'm worried about the sort of thing you are doing right now - giving me a list of names that you've taken off the internet."

I heard it on the radio - its a really weird thing to say - I cant really fathom what he means by it or what it means about him...

dave

#4658 Re: Da News
November 08, 2012, 04:39:16 pm
Bizarre.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4659 Re: Da News
November 08, 2012, 04:44:10 pm
Bizarre.

Exactly.. is sexuality linked to Paedophilia? I didn't think so. Therefore, what makes him think that?

Skeletons (male or female) in the Cameron closet per-chance?

dave

#4660 Re: Da News
November 08, 2012, 05:03:43 pm
You never know what funny ideas some folk will have though. I was recently read the comment from not so long ago when the judge sentenced Jonathan King for child sex offences, describing him as a "predatory homosexual paedophile", kinda implying that if there's one thing worse than a nonce then its a bent nonce. Wy as a judge you would need to make that distinction I don't know.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#4661 Re: Da News
November 08, 2012, 09:32:07 pm
I'm certainly not a Cameron supporter but I'm with him on this one. Allegations of paedophilia are for the police, not for the PM and definitely not for throwing around sans evidence on the internet.

The gay part of the comment is pretty mental. The radio tells me that it is out of context and that Cameron has been advised that many of the allegations are aimed at gay people by Daily Mail homophobes. A poor choice of words from Cameron to be sure.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4662 Re: Da News
November 09, 2012, 07:47:22 pm
Bishop of Durham Justin Welby hears of protest telephone call on the appointment of "female Archbishop of Canterbury"

https://twitter.com/Bishopofdurham/status/266936850038538240

biscuit

• menacing presence
#4663 Re: Da News
November 09, 2012, 11:13:49 pm
I'm certainly not a Cameron supporter but I'm with him on this one. Allegations of paedophilia are for the police, not for the PM and definitely not for throwing around sans evidence on the internet.

The gay part of the comment is pretty mental. The radio tells me that it is out of context and that Cameron has been advised that many of the allegations are aimed at gay people by Daily Mail homophobes. A poor choice of words from Cameron to be sure.

It's to do with the historic nature of the allegations. Back then the age of legal consent for homosexuals was 18 or 21 ( can't remember which). Therefore if a man had sex with a man who was only 20 he was technically having unlawful sexual intercourse due to them being below the age of consent.

That was an offence back then but i hope can now be viewed as a sign of those times. To link the underage part to a predatory sex offender such as a paedophile is what Cameron was trying to make the distinction about. Unfortunately as he was so obviously too scared to say what he meant he fluffed it a bit.

i still can't believe a guy who spent the start of his career with a man under the desk in front of him who had his hand up a gopher had the gall to do what Schofield did.

The allegations from the child from the N Wales childrens home has now been retracted after someone showed him a picture of McAlpine and he said it wasn't him. WTF ? Nobody had thought to show him a picture before ? Newsnight need closing down like the NOTW. First off the brush Saville under the carpet and then expose an innocent man.  :shit:

dave

#4664 Re: Da News
November 10, 2012, 10:48:22 am
Bet he's now wishing he went for a less job-specific twitter handle.

mark s

• junky
#4665 Re: Da News
November 10, 2012, 12:07:44 pm
did the list the cunt schofield gave cameron have names of un-outed gay men on it? and cameron babbled before thinking?

ive not seen much on the news about schofield apart from saying sorry,but if that had been the bbc people would have wanted blood.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4666 Re: Da News
November 10, 2012, 12:39:10 pm
Norwegians, eh? Bastards!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20270325

…his coffee is served cold, he does not have enough butter for his bread, and he is not allowed moisturiser.

petejh

• forum hero
#4667 Re: Da News
November 10, 2012, 12:52:26 pm
did the list the cunt schofield gave cameron have names of un-outed gay men on it? and cameron babbled before thinking?
ive not seen much on the news about schofield apart from saying sorry,but if that had been the bbc people would have wanted blood.
:agree:

Two comparable fuck-ups by two media organisations, related to the same story in the space of 24 hours, and the different responses by BBC and ITV shows the difference in public expectation between these two organisations. It's as if it's now taken for granted that ITV aren't a news organization to be taken seriously, like a pathetic TV-version of Twitter, but people expect much more from the Beeb - is this fair? Fuck knows.  Schofield should be suspended and his programme editors fired for allowing that shit-show to happen.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4668 Re: Da News
November 10, 2012, 04:33:04 pm
And of course ITV "News" was baying for the BBC's blood last night. I switched it off quickly.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4669 Re: Da News
November 11, 2012, 09:16:19 am
And why isn't anyone "baying for the bllod" of these [alleged*] abusers, and the police forces and prosecutors  that haven't started proceedings against them?

* I think there's no doubt the abuse took place. It's the identities of the guilty that's moot.

dave

#4670 Re: Da News
November 11, 2012, 09:48:20 am
:agree:

Two comparable fuck-ups by two media organisations, related to the same story in the space of 24 hours, and the different responses by BBC and ITV shows the difference in public expectation between these two organisations. It's as if it's now taken for granted that ITV aren't a news organization to be taken seriously, like a pathetic TV-version of Twitter, but people expect much more from the Beeb - is this fair? Fuck knows.  Schofield should be suspended and his programme editors fired for allowing that shit-show to happen.

Context: the tories hate the BBC, and thus the papers owned by murdoch etc and other tory benefactors will be taking this opportunity to try and undermine the BBC as much as possible. Lets not forget that murdoch owns a slice of ITV. The cunt.

mrjonathanr

• forum hero
  • Getting fatter, not fitter.
#4671 Re: Da News
November 11, 2012, 11:11:44 am
Context: the tories hate the BBC, and thus the papers owned by murdoch etc and other tory benefactors will be taking this opportunity to try and undermine the BBC as much as possible. Lets not forget that murdoch owns a slice of ITV. The cunt.

The BBC is a direct competitor for Murdoch's market share and thus profit. What more do you need to know ? (Apart from the content and nature of the communications between Jeremy Murdoch,  James Hunt,  David Brooks and Rebekah Cameron, of course.)

Teaboy

• forum hero
#4672 Re: Da News
November 19, 2012, 01:55:12 pm
Message deleted, repost.  :sorry:

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder