Da News (Read 1531692 times)

tomtom

• forum hero

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4126 Re: Da News
March 01, 2012, 08:38:32 am
One is voluntary (not everyone has gmail accounts or uses Google, e.g. my parents*) the other isn't.

* No doubt other search engines track activity etc. too though.

tomtom

• forum hero
#4127 Re: Da News
March 01, 2012, 08:53:31 am
One is voluntary (not everyone has gmail accounts or uses Google, e.g. my parents*) the other isn't.

So is having a phone....  :p

(sorry, pedantic mode today..)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4128 Re: Da News
March 01, 2012, 09:21:47 am
Yep it is, but because you choose to have one doesn't mean that the government are entitled to eavesdrop on your private conversations...

Quote from: European Convention on Human Rights
Article 8 – Right to respect for private and family life

1. Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence.

2. There shall be no interference by a public authority with the exercise of this right except such as is in accordance with the law and is necessary in a democratic society in the interests of national security, public safety or the economic well-being of the country, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, or for the protection of the rights and freedoms of others.

I don't believe our national security would be improved if we're snooped on, simply because anyone who wishes to hide what they are doing will use encryption which is very hard to break these days.  Thus its a completely futile and expensive exercise in Big Brother.  Laws already exist that permit access to monitoring suspected criminals, use them instead of legislating & making new laws.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#4129 Da News
March 01, 2012, 09:50:15 am
Actually, many years ago, I had a conversation with a retired US army Colonel. He'd worked for many years in the NSA. One of his favourite points on the whole eavesdropping thing was this (US orientated):
It's a bluff.
There are 300 million people in the US, making god knows how many phone calls and sending so many emails and messages it would be hard to quantify.
It would have to be directed at individuals, blanket monitoring would be impossible.
ERGO, there is no credible need for this kind of legislation!
It can only be an excuse for abuse and circumvention of legal protections; to allow monitoring of individuals without (legally) due cause.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#4130 Da News
March 03, 2012, 08:14:55 am
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17242956 >

This has to be wrong. Is it a joke?

Imagine "I'm sorry, there's no profit in rape investigation. If you'd like to report a burglary instead, we can investigate for a 20% cut of any recovered property or insurance payout" or "please call back during business hours..."

Or

"I'm sorry, we don't investigate financial crime anymore... We might upset someone important."

Just because the Met has been privatised for years (run by News International), do we all have to suffer?

Some things should be the states responsibility.

Sorry, but Cameron is an arse.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4131 Re: Da News
March 05, 2012, 07:27:59 am
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17242956 >

This has to be wrong. Is it a joke?

Imagine "I'm sorry, there's no profit in rape investigation. If you'd like to report a burglary instead, we can investigate for a 20% cut of any recovered property or insurance payout" or "please call back during business hours..."

Or

"I'm sorry, we don't investigate financial crime anymore... We might upset someone important."

Just because the Met has been privatised for years (run by News International), do we all have to suffer?

Some things should be the states responsibility.

Sorry, but Cameron is an arse.

Clearly some people once thought so.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4132 Re: Da News
March 05, 2012, 06:02:18 pm
"David Cameron an ill-educated idiot non-shock"

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/politics/4164070/PM-raps-Trotsky-job-row.html

David Cameron told MPs: "It is time that businesses in Britain stand up against the Trotskyites of the Right to Work campaign."

Yet if we examine old Leon's own words:

http://fistfulofeuros.net/afoe/political-issues/trotsky-on-workfare/

The very principle of compulsory labor service is for the Communist quite unquestionable. “He who works not, neither shall he eat.” And as all must eat, all are obliged to work. Compulsory labor service is sketched in our Constitution and in our Labor Code

Didn't Dave study politics or some such?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#4134 Da News
March 06, 2012, 07:20:28 am

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4135 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 08:00:32 am

tomtom

• forum hero
#4136 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 08:09:50 am
I love the way the doctor just keeps on barracking him down the corridor....

#lansley #fail

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4137 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 09:11:06 am
Why the spoof docu when you can have the real thing....

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
#4138 Da News
March 06, 2012, 09:32:20 am
Private security guards, PCSO's, uniformed Police, plain clothes?, Security services?

All to stop an angry Doctor and an elderly lady from intruding on his Ivory "Rand" tower...

Arse.

Oh, how irritating the feckless, lazy, working class* are.

*Lazy, WORKING class??

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4139 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 09:52:11 am
Why the spoof docu when you can have the real thing....

Ahem. That was the point of the post slackers. That video is in the second link.....

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4140 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 10:16:26 am
Ahem. That was the point of the post slackers. That video is in the second link.....

:-\ Then why not embed it here?

Would have taken a few more seconds to get the URL we're well into "Web 2.0" these days?  :shrug:

Geez anyone would think I've got time to go looking at random links on the internet!

tomtom

• forum hero
#4141 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 10:20:51 am
Never mind that... check out the new landlord of the cheese.
This is one of the more disturbing pictures I';ve seen in a while... is this a real picture or has he been photoshopped..?

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/want-glory-days-Hull-Cheese-boxer-Micky-Brooks/story-15410117-detail/story.html

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4142 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 11:33:18 am

:-\ Then why not embed it here?

Would have taken a few more seconds to get the URL we're well into "Web 2.0" these days?  :shrug:

Geez anyone would think I've got time to go looking at random links on the internet!

Because it's on an external blog, and the video is embedded in there, it's not a stand-alone item [or with "magic" links like wot UKB has got for YooTyoob links?]

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4143 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 11:38:46 am

Because it's on an external blog, and the video is embedded in there, it's not a stand-alone item [or with "magic" links like wot UKB has got for YooTyoob links?

The blog itself is external, but it has itself embedded video which is hosted on YouTube .  If you go to the bottom right of the video, hover over the "YouTube" button and a dialog box appears which says "Watch on YouTube.com" click it and your on the YouTube page from where you can copuy & paste the URL into here.

Sometimes there is a little dialog box which you can bring up from the bottom of the video which has a box with the URL (with '&embed_player' appended) which you can copy & paste in here (although you have to remove the '&embed_player' bit).

I didn't get the joke you intended 'cause I was too lazy to follow the e-trail you'd posted, but its semantics really (as is using the BBcode in general instead of simply pasting a long URL into a message).

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4144 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 12:31:35 pm
Lazy cunt.  :boxing:  :P

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4145 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 12:42:08 pm
My work life balance has been slipping in the wrong direction of late.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#4146 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 12:45:15 pm

Because it's on an external blog, and the video is embedded in there, it's not a stand-alone item [or with "magic" links like wot UKB has got for YooTyoob links?

The blog itself is external, but it has itself embedded video which is hosted on YouTube .  If you go to the bottom right of the video, hover over the "YouTube" button and a dialog box appears which says "Watch on YouTube.com" click it and your on the YouTube page from where you can copuy & paste the URL into here.

Sometimes there is a little dialog box which you can bring up from the bottom of the video which has a box with the URL (with '&embed_player' appended) which you can copy & paste in here (although you have to remove the '&embed_player' bit).

I didn't get the joke you intended 'cause I was too lazy to follow the e-trail you'd posted, but its semantics really (as is using the BBcode in general instead of simply pasting a long URL into a message).

But if you "hover" over the video itself, and "right-click" you don't get a "properties" option on the drop-down, and that's as much effort I'm prepared to make for what's frankly, a throw-away comment about someone who isn't worth the shit from the bottom of my shoe.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4147 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 12:54:53 pm

But if you "hover" over the video itself, and "right-click" you don't get a "properties" option on the drop-down, and that's as much effort I'm prepared to make for what's frankly, a throw-away comment about someone who isn't worth the shit from the bottom of my shoe.

All that demonstrates is that you weren't aware of the "Watch this on YouTube" button.  Now you are.  :clap2:

(and using Opera & Adobe Flash 11.0.1 I get the option to "Copy URL" when I right click on the embedded video on the external site, no idea what browser/flash you're using)

Lazy cunt.  :boxing:  :P

:agree: (assuming its directed at me)

Lansley is still a human being, albeit a very misguided, ill-intentioned and cuntish one, who needs educating as to the errors of his ways rather than equating to a piece of shit on your shoe.

I wonder if he reads these forums.  :-\
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:01:13 pm by slack---line »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#4148 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 01:30:54 pm
Come on slackers. He knows the error of his ways perfectly well, they all do. They just don't care and will do what they want to because they can.

This isn't a situation where someone needs more information to make an informed decision. They already have the facts they just choose to ignore them because they in no way fit in with their plans.

He doesn't need educating he needs putting up against a wall and shooting along with the rest of his Tory pals.*

Lansley is worse then some shit on ARFK's shoe as although the shit may be an annoyance to ARFK, it isn't about to destroy the NHS.

*Internet Police please note, this is a throwaway comment on a forum and in no way constitutes a threat to anyone.

Stubbs

#4149 Re: Da News
March 06, 2012, 01:46:24 pm
Love Jon Stewart; there's some really messed up things going on in America at the moment!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal