UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1531763 times)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3050 Re: Da News
April 11, 2011, 04:04:24 pm
Wouldn't condone the hanging, drowning or battering with baseball bats necessarily but I'm all for scumbags such as this being banged up until they are able to prove their worth to society.

The only problems with this plan would be the massive cost of incarcerating all these chavs and the overcrowding which we already have in the prison system. If only there was a way to reduce the number of people already banged up, generally because of "drug crime", and then some way of making it profitable (or at least break even) to take away the liberty of vast swathes of subhuman scum without just using prisons....... eh lagers?

:-\  ;)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3051 Re: Da News
April 11, 2011, 05:39:20 pm
Can we not consider for a moment that, rather than being spectacularly inept, the criminal fraternity's equivalent of Inspector Clouseau if you will, this man is a criminal mastermind and underworld kinpin.

He's being continually arrested and incarcerated for trivial and largely meaningless offences, for very short periods of time.

He's using this partly to deflect from his real work, in plannning and bankrolling really important and lucrative endeavours, and uses his time courtesy of Her Majesty to get in contact with his underworld contacts.

As some of them are in jail, the easiest way to discuss with them forthcoming work is to be in jail himself.

See. All it takes is a little "thinking outside the box", and it all becomes crystal clear!

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#3052 Re: Da News
April 12, 2011, 06:54:21 am
How do you "save" a boy from homosexuality?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/i-was-rescuing-him-from-homosexuality--church-abuser-tells-court-20110412-1dbrn.html

Take him to the toilets and bugger him apparently!! Who'd have thought it?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3053 Re: Da News
April 12, 2011, 08:53:09 am
The MIT blog I've linked before is still the most balanced, evidence based source of information on this I've been reading to date.  They state...

Quote from: Smart MIT Bods
Radiation levels in most prefectures continue to hover at or slightly above background. However, radiation dose rates in a few isolated areas are higher. Yukio Edano named these locations: Katsuo, Kawamata, Namie, Iitate, and Minami Soma, most of which are inside the zone already ordered to evacuate or take shelter. The dose rates reported by the IAEA in these areas have a maximum of 1.6 microsieverts per hour. For comparison, the average background rate is 0.05-0.1 microsieverts per hour.

Monitoring of food and water from the region is ongoing. In a few prefectures, iodine and cesium isotopes have been detected in quantities below regulatory limits. An advisory against giving water to infants is in place in just one village in Fukushima prefecture. Food samples have for the most part shown either no detectable contamination, or levels below regulatory limits. Of 157 samples of foods, one sample of seafood (sand lance) and three samples of shiitake mushrooms, all originating from Fukushima prefecture, exceeded regulatory limits on I-131.

Recent post on Regulatory limits on radiation dose

And the XKCD cartoon is excellent at giving a sense of perspective on exposure doseage and its effects...

« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 09:02:58 am by slack---line »

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3054 Re: Da News
April 13, 2011, 05:01:32 pm
A bit more on the "Level 7" paranoia/hysteria is provided by  this post on understanding certainty.

Its also worth noting that the half-life of 131I is roughly eight days, so its nothing like uranium/plutonium being billowed into the sky that will rain down and kill all and sundry, and the guidelines for reporting the level of risk are being ignored by the media reporting it.

RAK Punter

• Trusted Users
  • regular
#3055 Re: Da News
April 14, 2011, 08:36:00 am

And the XKCD cartoon is excellent at giving a sense of perspective on exposure doseage and its effects...

[/quote]

Could not find the animation for "sh*t, I think my head is going to explode"

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#3056 Re: Da News
April 14, 2011, 10:34:42 am
A bit more on the "Level 7" paranoia/hysteria is provided by  this post on understanding certainty.

Its also worth noting that the half-life of 131I is roughly eight days, so its nothing like uranium/plutonium being billowed into the sky that will rain down and kill all and sundry, and the guidelines for reporting the level of risk are being ignored by the media reporting it.

:agree: the media are just scaremongering speculating cvnts. Facts? pah, they're not juicy enough, lets make something up and drag on an "expert" to agree with us :furious:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3057 Re: Da News
April 14, 2011, 10:58:50 am

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#3059 Re: Da News
April 14, 2011, 11:51:57 am
Never liked Prescott much, but did enjoy him blazing that (ex?) NOTW Journalist on the 10 O Clock Show when he was trying to justify the phone tapping.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3061 Re: Da News
April 14, 2011, 09:01:51 pm
Just Fancy That! [1]

Compare and contrast!

Government treatment of "The English Regions" and that London.

[As reported in Conservative-supporting newspaper, "The Yorkshire Post"

http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/at-a-glance/main-section/regionalism_row_sparked_by_public_land_sale_1_3284403

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#3062 Re: Da News
April 14, 2011, 09:03:42 pm
Just Fancy That!  [2]

http://www.expatforum.com/britain/british-prime-minister-gets-tough-on-immigration.html

and how, precisely, are they supposed to do that, "Dave, 'Dave call me Dave' Dave"?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2011/apr/14/english-lessons-funding-immigrants

"Dave, 'Dave, call me cunt, cunt" more like.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3063 Re: Da News
April 18, 2011, 04:45:28 pm
Heard about GW Pharmaceuticals a good few years ago, but its fucking ludicrous that development has pushed costs so high and the Gov't twits continue to keep the cheap alternative from which it is derived illegal.  :wall: :wall: :wall:

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#3065 Re: Da News
April 18, 2011, 10:02:11 pm
I voted
1 yes.
2 no.

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#3066 Re: Da News
April 19, 2011, 12:45:26 pm
I wasn't sure where this should go but here seems a pretty good fit.

Check out this URL from the Independent:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/utter-PR-fiction-but-people-love-this-shit-so-fuck-it-lets-just-print-it-2269573.html

shits & giggles maybe or did someone forget to re-name it?  :oops:

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3067 Re: Da News
April 19, 2011, 12:51:05 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/utter-PR-fiction-but-people-love-this-shit-so-fuck-it-lets-just-print-it-2269573.html

No such thing.  This has been doing the rounds on Twitter this morning.

Basically it doesn't matter what the fuck you put between the last '/' and the final '-#######.html' it will still take you to the page for the story referenced by #######

So you could put in http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/Tescos-are-a-bunch-of-unscrupolous-money-grabbing-inconsiderate-wankers-2269787.html and it would still work.

Try it out for yourself if you can be arsed.

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#3068 Re: Da News
April 19, 2011, 12:54:18 pm

No such thing.  This has been doing the rounds on Twitter this morning.

Basically it doesn't matter what the fuck you put between the last '/' and the final '-#######.html' it will still take you to the page for the story referenced by #######

So you could put in http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/Tescos-are-a-bunch-of-unscrupolous-money-grabbing-inconsiderate-wankers-2269787.html and it would still work.

Try it out for yourself if you can be arsed.

I consider myself duly educated  :-[

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#3070 Re: Da News
April 20, 2011, 02:13:21 pm
This isn't going to end well...........or soon.  :thumbsdown:

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3071 Re: Da News
April 20, 2011, 03:57:30 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
#3073 Re: Da News
April 20, 2011, 04:27:15 pm
I saw, just bringing it to a wider public and I like my headline better

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#3074 Re: Da News
April 20, 2011, 04:30:24 pm
Worth doing, and it is indeed wittier than mine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal