Gaddafi son defiant in cartoon chemical head fire shocker:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12520586

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2902 Re: Da News
February 21, 2011, 10:40:55 am

So. If, say, I become unemployed for a year, and need to take out loans and go into debt.

Then the next year, I get a job - I don't have to pay the full rate of PAYE as I "lost" money the previous year?

Oh. If only there were accountants (tax, personal finance, or otherwise) on hand to advise us...

Of course not. You are a PAYE drone and therefore have no rights.  :P

Actually, if you were self employed and made a loss then you could offset it against future profits (of the same trade) or other income (including employment income) in the same tax year.

In the example you give of course the loans you have taken out are a capital item and as such don't create a "loss". If you were self employed and the loans could be shown as being solely for your business then the interest element would be an allowable expense and could be part of expenditure that created a loss.

Also, if your period of unemployment spanned more than one tax year then you could technically pay a lower rate of tax on any PAYE income in those tax years (than you would had you not been unemployed) as your personal allowance may not have been fully utilised or you may have been charged higher rate tax on income which should not have fallen into that bracket.

OK?  ;)

Oh and Barclays are a bunch of scamming cunts.

DaveC

• junky
  • Old skool...with emphasis on the "old".
#2903 Re: Da News
February 21, 2011, 12:00:12 pm
http://imgur.com/nh1kR

A mate of mine in the states (from Salt Lake City of all places) has a "Fags Hate God" t-shirt inspired by that loony tunes outfit.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#2904 Re: Da News
February 21, 2011, 06:53:08 pm

So. If, say, I become unemployed for a year, and need to take out loans and go into debt.

Then the next year, I get a job - I don't have to pay the full rate of PAYE as I "lost" money the previous year?

Oh. If only there were accountants (tax, personal finance, or otherwise) on hand to advise us...

Of course not. You are a PAYE drone and therefore have no rights.  :P

Actually, if you were self employed and made a loss then you could offset it against future profits (of the same trade) or other income (including employment income) in the same tax year.

In the example you give of course the loans you have taken out are a capital item and as such don't create a "loss". If you were self employed and the loans could be shown as being solely for your business then the interest element would be an allowable expense and could be part of expenditure that created a loss.

Also, if your period of unemployment spanned more than one tax year then you could technically pay a lower rate of tax on any PAYE income in those tax years (than you would had you not been unemployed) as your personal allowance may not have been fully utilised or you may have been charged higher rate tax on income which should not have fallen into that bracket.

OK?  ;)

Oh and Barclays are a bunch of scamming cunts.

Yes, yes, yes. (You do know that I did actually know all that, didn't you?)

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#2905 Re: Da News
February 21, 2011, 06:54:07 pm
Far-sighted parents?

How prescient of them all those years ago to christen their kid "Jobless"...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3418516/Tatt-mad-Deon-27-has-skull-for-a-face.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News

Jobless "Mad Dog" Deon, 27, paraded the artwork - his 37th tattoo - on today's Jeremy Kyle Show

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2906 Re: Da News
February 22, 2011, 01:35:48 pm
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156201537

Is Mini Me on his way to being Dr Evil already. Might give him more fish just in case.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2907 Re: Da News
February 22, 2011, 01:40:48 pm
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=156201537

Is Mini Me on his way to being Dr Evil already. Might give him more fish just in case.

Clearly not a believer in children being a tabula rasa when born.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2908 Re: Da News
February 22, 2011, 01:48:36 pm
Clearly not

(he says confidently after consulting wikipedia)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2909 Re: Da News
February 22, 2011, 01:54:11 pm
Things like this are nonce sense though, its not just one factor that influences behaviour (or indeed many physiological aspects), but a whole gamut of variables.

All he's done is observe a correlation in adults and extrapolate backwards to children (naively adding fuel to the nature v's nurture debate which is futile anyway as its not one or the other but a mixture of both)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2911 Re: Da News
February 23, 2011, 09:25:58 am
I knew it was bad but the prison population and food insecurity stats are truly amazing. The land of the free.....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2912 Re: Da News
February 23, 2011, 09:44:05 am

Yes, yes, yes. (You do know that I did actually know all that, didn't you?)

Yes of course. But you did ask.......  :P

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2913 Re: Da News
February 23, 2011, 12:35:22 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2914 Re: Da News
February 23, 2011, 02:05:39 pm
Classic!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2916 Re: Da News
February 23, 2011, 04:26:40 pm
After the have a go granny battered those inept Vespa crashing tools, more evidence (from Peterborough) that Cameron's big society is in full swing......or that these thieves are also fucking shit:

"I looked out the corner of my eye and saw this gun. It is not the sort of thing you see every day but I just saw red and thought "how dare they?" he said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/8343030/Jeweller-grapples-robber-as-he-holds-gun-to-his-head.html

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#2917 Re: Da News
February 24, 2011, 10:56:58 pm
He might be charming and amusing.

But William Hague is still a cunt -witness the "No to AV" lies about it costing £250m and the emotional blackmail about "vote 'no' or the babbie gets it"

And he's an incompetent cunt.

Portugal, France have already arranged flights out of Libya for their citizens.

Our foreign secretary has organised what, to protect or safeguard British citizens?

- Remind me again what does it say in the inside of our passports?

(And just think. A naval group lead by an aircraft carrier would be of what use in these circumstances?)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

lemony

• player
#2919 Re: Da News
February 25, 2011, 04:54:32 pm
Cheers Slack---line, worth it just for the link to Atul Gawande's article.

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2921 Re: Da News
February 26, 2011, 09:16:44 pm
 :chair:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2922 Re: Da News
February 28, 2011, 04:32:27 pm

aLICErOBERTSfANkLUB

• forum hero
  • Bucket Heid Man!
    • Comic Sans is Illegal!
#2923 Re: Da News
February 28, 2011, 07:31:20 pm
"The following comments have been moderated in advance"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361469/Anti-homosexuality-Christian-couple-opposed-foster-care-High-Court-battle.html

These homosexuals might be winning some battles due to stupid actions by immoral organisations and judges who have no sense of decency or values,but they will not win the war. The backlash will come. I have no respect for homosexuals as they have no respect for the views of the majority of British people who feel that having by having decent morals and the right to hold on to good, proven values is being eroded by actions of some homosexuals.

What a stinking twisted country this has become. When it's wrong to stand against this questionable 'lifstyle' then it's time to pack up and leave. We don't all think it's 'OK' to be 'gay' ( a total misuse of the word) you know. Quite a lot of us actually dislike it - very much. Sick judge, sick country, sick PC zealots. ps. I bet this won't get posted.

This is a disgrace. Homosexuality is wrong and is said so in the bible.its an abomination. these decent people who would do no harm to children have lost the opportunity to foster and care for vulnerable children who have no-one. children in foster care are been given to homes where they are sexually assaulted and harmed physically and mentally and yet 2 people who are willing to give up their time to care for children are being denied the right to care for disadvantaged children and the kids will most likely end up in the hands of someone evil rather than a couple who is going to teach them the truths of God and care for them like they were their own.

"But Lord Justice Munby and Mr Justice Beatson ruled that laws protecting people from discrimination because of their sexual orientation 'should take precedence' over the right not to be discriminated against on religious grounds." There we have it. All men are created equal, but gays are more equal than Christians. Orwell would be so proud.

[et sim par]

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#2924 Re: Da News
March 01, 2011, 09:46:53 am
 :wall:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal