a) General Election
b) Assuming Tories win

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#751 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 08:42:45 am
That still makes no sense. Even if the (Conservative) government were to take back control of interest rates from the BoE then why the fuck would they raise them?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#752 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 10:09:24 am

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#753 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 10:14:44 am
Quote from: Cllr Jobsworth McCockface
The housing service was contacted on behalf of another resident of the flats who is asthmatic and was concerned that the tomato plants in the public area were aggravating this condition.

WTF? How exactly does a tomato plant aggravate someone's asthma?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#754 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 10:23:54 am
That still makes no sense. Even if the (Conservative) government were to take back control of interest rates from the BoE then why the fuck would they raise them?

I have no idea, just trying to follow the sloperthoughtprogramtm

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#755 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 11:24:19 am
There's a good deal of inflationary pressure in the pipeline and as out core financial position weakens and the cost of servicing our massive debt increases I can see interest rates rising, after all 7% or so ins't high in historical terms.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#756 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 11:41:42 am
However, if your statement is more of an "at some point in the future" stab in the dark then fair enough. They probably will reach those levels at some point but that doesn't really have any relevance does it!  ;)

That's ok then. I thought you might have some contradictory information to everything I've read on the subject. As you were.  :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#757 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 02:45:08 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Sloper

• forum hero
#759 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 03:07:01 pm
Good to see that the CPS followed this through, although it would seem that the possible charges of s.47 ABH and unlawful imprisonment were just too damm tricky to pursue.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#760 Re: Da News
July 16, 2009, 03:47:52 pm
They don't all get away with it all the time.

Barrington and Koko are doing reasonable stretches, but this was at least the third time they were up in court for similar things. They got away with it previously by intimidating the girls. I'm not looking forward to their release.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#761 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 11:12:18 am
Tattooed Swedish devil girls sexually molest cyclist

Try as I might I just couldn't figure out a better link title than the original...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#762 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 12:31:42 pm
Which airlines allow free bike transport on flights to sweden? My credit card is ready.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#763 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 02:17:07 pm
Houdini's latest business venture falls foul of the authorities.  ;)

More pics here as well - really should have got Fiend to paint them first though.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#764 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 02:36:10 pm
Fucking twat  :wank:

Sense (almost) for once the conditional shit is a load of bollocks, they'd done nothing wrong so shouldn't have had to submit a drugs test.

Sloper

• forum hero
#765 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 02:48:38 pm
I was involved in the research which led to drug testing where someone has been arrested for acquisitive crime and the point is to take people out of a cycle of offending and direct them to treatment.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#766 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 03:03:40 pm
I was involved in the research which led to drug testing where someone has been arrested for acquisitive crime and the point is to take people out of a cycle of offending and direct them to treatment.

But there was no acquisitive crime committed in this instance so the arrest (and subsequent attempt to test), as stated, was OTT. 

I mean FFS I liberated a pair of handle-bar ends of a bike that was clearly abandoned in our street, it was only going to get more and more trashed by the kids so where's the harm?

Just the other (Monday) day my wife was woken by someone in our garden at 02:30 in the morning, she watched them walk from next to our house to the end, hop over the fence, then come back over dither around then fuck off when she turned the light on.  Next morning I went and had a look and our hose-pipe had "walked" from the back of our house where it was attached to the tap to the back of the garden by the shed where said wanker had hopped over the fence.  I took a peek over the fence to see if anything had "walked" further and saw a crow-bar lying in the neighbours gardens.  They have a couple of small kids so I thought it was quite unusual.  I'd intended to go round there anyway and tell them what had happened (it transpired on chatting with them that one of their kids had been woken in the night and crawled into bed with them, no doubt 'cause of this) and mentioned the crow-bar and said I'd see if the police were bothered about dusting it for prints (had little hope as it had rained so pointless, but worth trying). 

Called the police and they confirmed that it was pointless looking for prints due to rain, but could I please drop it off at the station!  I asked why and they said that technically keeping something you find in such a manner is classified as stealing!  I told them that I wasn't going to waste my time going out of my way to take the crow-bar to the station 'cause some wanker had dropped it whilst trying to steal stuff from me, and that if they had someone coming into the station requesting the return of a crow-bar that they had "lost" that they could contact me and I would happily "return" the crow-bar with force.  Honestly what sort of a fucking stupid law is that?  Someone trying to steal from you is then treated as a victim?  If the police wanted to come round and collect it they were more than welcome to do so, but strangely they weren't in any rush to do so.  :wank:

Value your memory?

Sloper

• forum hero
#767 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 04:10:07 pm
They were nicked for theft which is acquisitve crime, that the case was bollox and thrown out doesn't change the basis of their arrest.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#768 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 04:11:49 pm
But does that mean they get a record for refusing the drug test despite the fact that they should never have been arrested?  :-\

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#770 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 04:53:19 pm

Police bust up massive rave - errr, wait a minute...

Should you delete the Calling Of The Barbeque thread so we don't all get raided?

;)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#771 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 05:28:39 pm
Cunts. If you're going to use technology to fight crime then please make sure you understand it and how people use it.

There is a "night of mayhem" setting on Facebook events and if the police investigated every one of those that got set up then they wouldn't have any time left to do anything else.

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#772 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 05:33:52 pm
That's the most outrageous waste of public money I've heard in a long time. 

Yesterday, police insisted they were right to end the party. 'We were extremely concerned how the event had been advertised on the internet as an all-night party,' a spokesman said.

What hubris, they can't even admit they fucked up.  Oh wait, they don't do that even if they shoot innocent people dead.  UK police are retarded scum, I wouldn't trust them to serve and protect a pie.

Sloper

• forum hero
#773 Re: Da News
July 17, 2009, 07:45:27 pm
I despair.

The proper tactic would have been to use the Terrorism Act 2000.

Amateurs

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#774 Re: Da News
July 21, 2009, 10:25:52 am

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal