UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1531749 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#625 Re: Da News
June 04, 2009, 01:19:21 pm
It's all the Honda Civic owners who are giving up their nights out - their nights out consist of driving aimlessly around town revving their sad little engines at junctions and traffic lights prior to accelerating as quickly as possible just to brake quickly for the next revving opportunity - their main costs being brake pads, wheel rubber and petrol. Hopefuly they will all be staying at home for the summer.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#626 Re: Da News
June 04, 2009, 01:20:45 pm
Sound. Let's hope it goes back up to £1.20 p/ltr then.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#627 Re: Da News
June 04, 2009, 02:58:45 pm
Israel controls US foreign policy non shocker.

This makes me angry.  :thumbsdown:

Israeli officials have complained that the administration was not recognizing secret oral agreements they say the George W. Bush administration reached with Israel to permit some expansion.

My heart bleeds.  :boohoo:

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#628 Re: Da News
June 05, 2009, 03:49:58 pm
This is quality.

Burlesque-oni is a total wanker but you've gotta have a grudging respect for the way that he's so fucking blatant about it. Totally corrupt and doesn't bother hiding it at all. Just chucks money at things until they go away as he knows he can with the way the Italian "legal system" works doesn't work.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#629 Re: Da News
June 08, 2009, 10:02:09 am
<-- Clickety-click

I subscribe to the Hunter S. Thompson school of philosophy when it comes to drugs...

Quote from: Hunter S. Thompson
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

(although without the violence 'cause its naughty)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#630 Re: Da News
June 08, 2009, 01:20:10 pm
New skin cream

For a non-monetary fee I can provide any young ladies wishing to try this regime with extra fresh samples (I can also source abundant numbers of snails from the back garden).

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#631 Re: Da News
June 08, 2009, 05:01:34 pm
For a non-monetary fee I can provide any young ladies wishing to try this regime with extra fresh samples

Paying homage in passing to the milk slogan you could market your service using the phrase  "Straight from the cock to you."  ;)

Speaking of cows - David Blunkett gets trampled by one!

bluebrad

tomtom

• forum hero
#632 Re: Da News
June 08, 2009, 09:15:42 pm

bluebrad

He should have seen it coming...

(tumbleweed emoticon courtesy of JasperSharpe..)

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#633 Re: Da News
June 08, 2009, 10:04:16 pm

bluebrad

It did cross my mind to say that but discretion being the better part of valour and all that...

bluebrad

tomtom

• forum hero
#634 Re: Da News
June 08, 2009, 10:17:58 pm
bluebrad
It did cross my mind to say that but discretion being the better part of valour and all that...

bluebrad

He should have mooved a bit faster...
(i'll get my coat...)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#635 Re: Da News
June 09, 2009, 01:16:02 pm
Big Brother is nosing around again (and for once its not Google  ::) )

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#636 Re: Da News
June 09, 2009, 01:54:17 pm
Nothing's sacred. Last year when we renewed our road tax online I put my Mrs' details in and then my email address so I could print out the document I needed at work. Obviously I ticked the "Don't pass on my email address or send me any shit you cunts" box on the DVLA website. Obviously they ignored this as within 24 hours I received loads of spam (mainly from dodgy loan companies etc) addressed "Dear Eve" to my email address. I assume this could only have occurred because the government agency is selling on people's details despite them being told not to by the individual (or their site has so little security that they might as well be doing so which would be even more worrying).

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#637 Re: Da News
June 09, 2009, 02:00:19 pm
Or you had some spyware that intercepted the data  :shrug:

Still the "we will harvest in your personal information and then sell it on" strategies really do suck.  For years I've been getting shitty cardboard calendars from Jack Daniels and I don't even like the stuff!

Apparently I'm on their database, but I don't want to pay to have myself removed (and actually confirm my identity), nor do I want to call up their freephone number which sounds as though it takes your round in circles (albeit at their expense) and again have to confirm my identity to them.  :wank:

dave

#638 Re: Da News
June 09, 2009, 02:10:53 pm
Apparently I'm on their database, but I don't want to pay to have myself removed (and actually confirm my identity)

I may be wrong but I don't think they can legally charge you for removing your data from their system if you request it.

or to be more specific, you can excersise your rights and stop them using your data for direct marketing:
http://www.ico.gov.uk/Home/what_we_cover/data_protection/your_rights/preventing_unsolicited_marketing.aspx

also under the data protection act they are only allowed to keep your data as long as is "necessary", and since they can no-longer market to you directly and have no other  legitimate use for your data they should then under the law remove your records from their database. I don't know how you'd actually enforce this but it is what should happen.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 02:17:10 pm by dave »

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#639 Re: Da News
June 09, 2009, 02:14:55 pm
Apparently I'm on their database, but I don't want to pay to have myself removed (and actually confirm my identity)

I may be wrong but I don't think they can legally charge you for removing your data from their system if you request it.

You have to pay standard network charges if you text 'E' to 118800...

Quote from: Big Brother
Can I be ex-directory with 118 800?

You can become ex-directory by texting the letter ‘E’ to 118800 from the mobile phone you want to be made ex-directory or you can call us on 0800 138 6263. Standard network charges apply. The first time 118 800 contacts you you will be sent an SMS reminding you about how to become ex-directory. Please allow up to 4 weeks for your ex-directory request to take effect.

...the 0800 number is obviously free (check out 0800buster for how to dial 0800 numbers for 'free' from your mobile), but you still end up confirming the details of your name/address/mobile number and I don't trust the bastards to remove me details from the db.

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#640 Re: Da News
June 09, 2009, 02:20:17 pm
I'd missed that 0800Buster thing slackers. Nice one.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a

clm

• forum hero
#642 Re: Da News
June 10, 2009, 06:03:07 pm
Leg Shavers not-so-Anonymous

Fucking twats :furious: (oh wait, was i not meant to swear)

Cyclists musnt go over 10mph but coppers can shoot brazilians and cave in the heads of winos.

Juyst ban the cyclists and stop wasting the resources - or put in a cycle lane.

Ps - i am very much pro cycling - i have 3 bikes dont y' know.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#643 Re: Da News
June 10, 2009, 08:49:22 pm
ohh, look at me and all my bikes, aren't I amazing.....

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#644 Re: Da News
June 11, 2009, 08:58:26 am

Quote from: Some twat at the Council
They will catch any cyclists going too fast, give them a safety talk and provide them with a leaflet explaining the bylaws along the seafront.

Oh really?  And how are you going to do that, through yourself prostrate in front of their wheels?  Chase after them on foot and hope that you can catch them at the next lights?  Jump on a bike of your own and pedal after them.....breaking the speed limit yourself to catch them!!!   :wank:

tomtom

• forum hero
#645 Re: Da News
June 11, 2009, 11:47:48 am

Quote from: Some twat at the Council
They will catch any cyclists going too fast, give them a safety talk and provide them with a leaflet explaining the bylaws along the seafront.

Oh really?  And how are you going to do that, through yourself prostrate in front of their wheels?  Chase after them on foot and hope that you can catch them at the next lights?  Jump on a bike of your own and pedal after them.....breaking the speed limit yourself to catch them!!!   :wank:

They could use a 'stinger' (tm) or something far less OTT..  :)

(I am bored today at work... can you tell?)

tomtom

• forum hero
#646 Re: Da News
June 11, 2009, 04:24:45 pm
F8cking hell, you couldnt make this shit up!
Sizewell nuclear disaster averted by dirty laundry, says official report

"On the morning of Sunday 7 January 2007, one of the contractors working on decommissioning the Sizewell A nuclear power station on the Suffolk coast was in the laundry room when he noticed cooling water leaking on to the floor from the pond that holds the reactor's highly radioactive spent nuclear fuel.

As much as 40,000 gallons of radioactive water spilled out of a 15ft long split in a pipe, some leaking into the North Sea. The pond water level had dropped by more than a foot (330mm) – yet none of the sophisticated alarms in the plant sounded in the main control room.

By the time of the next scheduled safety patrol, the pond level would have dipped far enough to expose the nuclear fuel rods – potentially causing them to overheat and catch fire sending a plume of radioactive contamination along the coastline."

clm

• forum hero
#647 Re: Da News
June 11, 2009, 04:45:12 pm
ohh, look at me and all my bikes, aren't I amazing.....

Says the man with a roller for his 6ft by 6ft lawn. 

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#648 Re: Da News
June 12, 2009, 12:32:12 am
at least I have a lawn, and a house that is more than 15 bricks roughly cemented together 2 inch's off the floor  ;D

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#649 Re: Da News
June 12, 2009, 08:25:46 am
Oooof!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal