UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1531731 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#300 Re: Da News
February 27, 2009, 12:26:33 pm
Madness - so you're busting for a shit but don't have the right coin - what are you going to do?

Roll on lots of little "presents" under seats being found by the cleaners after the flight :lol:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#301 Re: Da News
February 27, 2009, 12:42:40 pm
And waterbottles full of piss.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#302 Re: Da News
February 27, 2009, 12:44:07 pm
And waterbottles full of piss.

They could keep them and take them to the gigs to throw around  :P

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#304 Re: Da News
February 27, 2009, 01:28:14 pm
The 3 comments are spot on
scallywag Posted 249 days ago There's a saying that goes; ''it's free as long as you can afford it.''
This documentary shows the throngs of capitalism at its most explicit. On one hand you have the consumer who is seeking the ultimate product at the least possible price, and then there's the producer or rather the provider of the service who is mandated to deliver the maximum product at the most minimum price incursion to themselves and last of all there is the worker being exploited as well as the worker who exploits the very rules/standards he claims his employer abuses.
All in all everyone is using some one, and they may think they're getting a great deal but the day one of these plane crashes or is hijacked or the consumer revolts we are willing to pay the price on the ticket but claim short memory when obliged to pay the price not actually listed on the ticket.

ebony Posted 273 days ago Eye opening to say the least. I fly all the time but I´ve never flown with Ryan air. This film doesn´t put me off flying with them however, as anybody with any intelligence at all and who flys often knows full well that every other airline encounters the same problems and is not much better. It doesn´t matter how much you may have paid for your ticket.

Karen Posted 411 days ago This is spot-on. The Bean-Counters are running the show,however as consumers in search of cheap air-fares,we must bear responsibility. Perhaps we need to look at what the culture of cut-rate fares has resulted in,it's all right here in this film!

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#305 Re: Da News
February 27, 2009, 01:35:10 pm
They should stick this on the national curriculum then...

..or get used to using...

Anyone remember the margret thatcher bog paper from the miner's strike? PS I still have my NUM support the miners badge which was the hitching accessory in the summer of 85

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#306 Re: Da News
March 01, 2009, 02:52:44 am
This is spot-on. The Bean-Counters are running the show,however as consumers in search of cheap air-fares,we must bear responsibility. Perhaps we need to look at what the culture of cut-rate fares has resulted in,it's all right here in this film!

Oh come on. You are not entitled to cheap air travel. The airline provides the service and demands a certain sum for it. If you rate the service as less valuable than the price asked then don't fly. Simple.

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#307 Re: Da News
March 01, 2009, 08:15:00 am
Exactly. They (the airline) are what they are because that is what we want. If you want cheap flights be prepared to travel pirate class. I personally love it and would not swap cheap cattle class tickets for sitting on the beach at Bridlington. Gone are those days.

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#309 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 11:33:58 am
It'll be just like a mail drop at Hogwarts!  :lol:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#310 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 02:30:25 pm
http://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/news/4160693.Unique_snowdome_plan_unveiled_for_Swindon_could_be_the_first_in_the_UK/

Anyone intrigued by the engineering principles?

"The slope itself would be powered by electro-magnets which would carry the user down and up the slopes without the use of a ski lift.
The slope would be kept at room temperature but would pass through refrigerated fake mountains to keep the snow from melting"

wtf??

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#311 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 02:34:47 pm
http://www.wiltsglosstandard.co.uk/news/4160693.Unique_snowdome_plan_unveiled_for_Swindon_could_be_the_first_in_the_UK/

Anyone intrigued by the engineering principles?

"The slope itself would be powered by electro-magnets which would carry the user down and up the slopes without the use of a ski lift.
The slope would be kept at room temperature but would pass through refrigerated fake mountains to keep the snow from melting"

wtf??

WTF indeed, surely gravity is sufficient to get users down the slope  :-\

SA Chris

• forum hero
#312 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 02:39:46 pm
And as for the slope passing through refrigerated fake mountains?

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#313 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 02:44:42 pm
Sounds like the mythical Ski Trac

Its the ski surface that floats on magnets and rotates constantly - providing a continuous slope. It goes under a cooling/grooming area on the down part of its cycle. Interesting design concept, much like the continuous climbing wall idea...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 02:51:26 pm by lagerstarfish »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SA Chris

• forum hero
#315 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 03:35:04 pm
Sounds like the mythical Ski Trac

Its the ski surface that floats on magnets and rotates constantly - providing a continuous slope. It goes under a cooling/grooming area on the down part of its cycle. Interesting design concept, much like the continuous climbing wall idea...

Interesting. So not like they described it all then. Great reporting. Probably more environmental to fly everyone to the alps for a day.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#316 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 04:21:19 pm
Ski Trac haven't actually made a real live slope yet, but they have made a model.
Look I've made a compilation of clips of their model ;D
(might not be ready yet, but I'm posting in a hurry at work)

SA Chris

• forum hero
#317 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 04:23:57 pm
A compolation you say? :)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#318 Re: Da News
March 02, 2009, 04:25:53 pm
A compolation you say? :)

don't know what you mean  :whistle:

tomtom

• forum hero

SA Chris

• forum hero
#320 Re: Da News
March 03, 2009, 09:32:26 pm
Ski Trac haven't actually made a real live slope yet, but they have made a model.
Look I've made a compilation of clips of their model ;D
(might not be ready yet, but I'm posting in a hurry at work)

That's a lot of heelturns (or toe turns if you a spazzy)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

tomtom

• forum hero
#322 Re: Da News
March 04, 2009, 02:41:23 pm
OK, I think this is an interesting one....

My first glance summary is: Couple who the neighbours hate and are probably wanker neighbours...
So people either side of them set up CCTV cameras to keep an eye on them.. people living in the house with the cameras pointing at it, pretend to have sex in the garden to piss off their neighbours - but they only see it on their CCTV cameras - and the couple pretending to have sex get done...

Now, if there were no cameras no-one would know, so there would be no crime (god is this going to go the way of does a person actually scream if no-one hears them type philosophy gubbins..)... I suspect most of the case is because of harrasment by the couple who dont sound like great people to have next door..
 :-\

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#323 Re: Da News
March 04, 2009, 02:52:10 pm
OK, I think this is an interesting one....

My first glance summary is: Couple who the neighbours hate and are probably wanker neighbours...
So people either side of them set up CCTV cameras to keep an eye on them.. people living in the house with the cameras pointing at it, pretend to have sex in the garden to piss off their neighbours - but they only see it on their CCTV cameras - and the couple pretending to have sex get done...

Now, if there were no cameras no-one would know, so there would be no crime (god is this going to go the way of does a person actually scream if no-one hears them type philosophy gubbins..)... I suspect most of the case is because of harrasment by the couple who dont sound like great people to have next door..
 :-\

This completely contradicts the previous instance where people were having sex and caught on CCTV but not found guilty of indecent exposure.

That said its likely because they were charged with non-violent harassment as opposed to indecent exposure, and the CCTV has provided unequivocal evidence that they were in fact purposefully harassing their neighbours.  What they should have done was just have sex rather than simulate it  :P

Also the couple in question should have taken issue to being filmed in the first place.  There are, as I understand, a ton of issues regarding using CCTV, such as the images have to be retained and made available for a reasonable period, should they be requested by anyone who is captured on film, who is entitled to view such images under the Data Protection Act.  There are also similar guidelines on the destruction of such images after that time period has elapsed.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 02:59:46 pm by slack---line »

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal