UKBouldering.com

Da News (Read 1531757 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#225 Re: Da News
February 13, 2009, 01:08:01 pm
I now know the world to fucked. A 13 year old, 4ft tall Man U fan has fathered a child. Mental

tomtom

• forum hero
#226 Re: Da News
February 13, 2009, 02:31:08 pm
I now know the world to fucked. A 13 year old, 4ft tall Man U fan has fathered a child. Mental
when asked how he was going to work things out financially, he asked "whats finance?".  :o

On one ward of the Bransholme estate here in 'ull, the average age of a grandmother is 37.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#227 Re: Da News
February 13, 2009, 04:36:38 pm
Danish sex museum hit by credit crunch shock.

bluebrad

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#228 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 12:32:18 pm
As much as that is a fine idea, I'm not sure that's really fixing the issue, is it Jasper.  ::)  ;D

I disagree. It's only scum who think that this type of behaviour is acceptable so by implementing policies which remove the majority of scum from normal society you go a long way to "fixing a world where this kind of thing is deemed acceptable". Unfortunately the majority of politicians from both major parties have no interest in doing what is right for the country and will never make decisions that might be unpopular with any section of society that they fear will stop voting for them as a consequence.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#229 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 12:36:44 pm

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#230 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 01:03:01 pm

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#231 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 01:11:54 pm
Genius.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#232 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 01:56:07 pm
That is absolutely brilliant! It is also NSFW!

bluebrad

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 03:54:49 pm by slack---line, Reason: correct bbcode »

tomtom

• forum hero
#234 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 04:35:38 pm
A new reality TV show in the offing "Celebrity Euthenasia, Get me Out of Here" :whistle:

I have mixed feelings about the whole Jade Goody thing. Sadly, its almost ironic that a woman who's career was made from nothing on reality TV will seemingly live out a reality TV end.

But, I think she is right to do what she is doing for a three of reasons...
Firstly making money to support her son/family when she's gone (although I suspect she already has loads..),
Secondly since she announced her illness ;late last year smear tests in the UK have risen by 20% (according to yesterdays observer) which can only be a good thing.
Thirdly because it raises awareness of how horrible an end terminal cancer can be. I shall have to explain.. I used to be a bit 'whatever' about cancer until my girlfriends (now an ex) father contracted a couple of forms of cancer which over 18 months proved terminal. I knew him really well, and whilst I wasnt part of the family, I witnessed the roller coaster of succeses, failures, new treatments, setbacks etc.. and eventually his death. Death is not easy for any family, but this really opened my eyes as to just how cruel cancer can be - the slow decline seemed to twist the knife (forgive the phrase..).

What sickens me about this whole eposide is Max Clifford.
I'm sure he will be taking a fee on all this - and even if he does donate his fee to charity or whatever, he (personally) will still be making publicity and thus future monies for himself. I dont know the man, but this strikes me of leech like behaviour of the highest order. Wanker.
T

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#235 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 04:50:39 pm

I have mixed feelings about the whole Jade Goody thing. Sadly, its almost ironic that a woman who's career was made from nothing on reality TV will seemingly live out a reality TV end.

But, I think she is right to do what she is doing for a three of reasons...
Firstly making money to support her son/family when she's gone (although I suspect she already has loads..),
Secondly since she announced her illness ;late last year smear tests in the UK have risen by 20% (according to yesterdays observer) which can only be a good thing.

Fair enough reasons indeed.

Thirdly because it raises awareness of how horrible an end terminal cancer can be. I shall have to explain.. I used to be a bit 'whatever' about cancer until my girlfriends (now an ex) father contracted a couple of forms of cancer which over 18 months proved terminal. I knew him really well, and whilst I wasnt part of the family, I witnessed the roller coaster of succeses, failures, new treatments, setbacks etc.. and eventually his death. Death is not easy for any family, but this really opened my eyes as to just how cruel cancer can be - the slow decline seemed to twist the knife (forgive the phrase..).

I agree with this too, but its not just cancer.  Ultimately there is no "nice" way to day, whether its from cancer or anything else that slowly eats away at the body or mind.  Only a very tiny proportion of the population will "slide away in their sleep", a slightly larger proprtion (but still a minority) will be (un)fortuante enough to have their lives ended abruptly by an unfortunate accident.  Everyone else will generally have to endure their body deteriorating whilst their mind is sharp or vice-versa.

T'is a fact of life unfortunately, and because of the stigma/taboo around death it rarely gets discussed particularly as you're growing up.

What sickens me about this whole eposide is Max Clifford.
I'm sure he will be taking a fee on all this - and even if he does donate his fee to charity or whatever, he (personally) will still be making publicity and thus future monies for himself. I dont know the man, but this strikes me of leech like behaviour of the highest order. Wanker.
T

Yeah, he needs to be hit with a bit of Hicks reality...

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#236 Re: Da News
February 16, 2009, 06:01:21 pm
Reports of Jade Goody's imminent demise struck me as possibly the best proof so far that prayer does work. And God, like tv censorship, is more easily swayed by the indignation of the masses than genuine sentiment.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#237 Re: Da News
February 17, 2009, 12:41:42 pm

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#239 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 11:16:00 am
The Daily Mash says what I think so often I'm starting to get concerned that they are reading my mind.

Stubbs

#240 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 11:24:48 am
I love that story - it's like someone gave her 'The Power of Nightmares' as a birthday present or something.

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#241 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 11:32:21 am
The Daily Mash is always a source of much amusement such as this classic from the archives.

bluebrad

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#242 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 11:38:01 am
The Daily Mash says what I think so often I'm starting to get concerned that they are reading my mind.

What does your mind say on the subject of giant rats jasper?

bluebrad

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#243 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 11:46:11 am
I think they read half the regular posters minds when writing this article  :beer1: :beer2: :alky: :pissed:

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#245 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 02:28:36 pm
She's being filmed in hospital throughout her treatment too, and they're doing updates, with quotes, in The Sun each day.  It's mental, surely you'd want some privacy and peace?

The film of the wedding will be produced by Kate Jackson, who is also one of the bridesmaids
That says it all really, doesn't it, surely she must have some friends who could be her bridesmaids?  It's sad.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#246 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 02:49:27 pm
I think they read half the regular posters minds when writing this article
I rather like Emma's quote:

Quote from: pisshead Emma
"How's about this? As an adult, I think a reasonable daily limit is me drinking as much as I fucking want.

"If it affects my work I'll get sacked. If it affects my relationships I'll be all lonely and sad.

"And as for my health, following a quick glance at my tax bill I've decided that the NHS will treat me and the government can keep its fucking opinions to itself."

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
    • blog of butters
#247 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 02:52:18 pm
The film of the wedding will be produced by Kate Jackson, who is also one of the bridesmaids

That says it all really, doesn't it, surely she must have some friends who could be her bridesmaids?  It's sad.

Not wishing to be seen as condoning this whole miserable freak show in any way, shape or form but you obviously went off on one before you could read the next paragraph...

"Goody has also asked two other close friends to act as bridesmaids."

bluebrad

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#248 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 05:04:24 pm
you obviously went off on one before you could read the next paragraph...
You obviously have never seen a lady go off on one if you think it looks like my previous post   :P ;)

I saw she was having 'two close friends', I just can't quite work out having the TV producer too.  But then I can't really work out any of it.   :shrug: 

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
#249 Re: Da News
February 18, 2009, 08:15:41 pm
I was until today unaware of what jade Goody looked like and have never seen Big Brother and really don't give a shit, but if I knew I was to die in x months and could provide financially for Hugo by blowing Gordon Brown on the steps of Downing Street I'd be down on my knees sucking man beef.

I commend her for playing her role to the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal