UKBouldering.com

How much do rear wind screen wipers on new hatch backs cost.... (Read 2756 times)

Paz

• junky
...if one were to get broken somehow, say.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Get down you local breakers yard and haggle.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Midnight spares?

(Joking, would never condone such activity). Breaker is the way to go.

Paz

• junky
I don't actually own any car at all, so won't be haggling for a price.  I want to know how much you'd (or someone else would) get stung for one if you just went to some rip off garage.  I was quite badly cut up today (like some fuck wit pretty much pulled right across the cycle lane, and then stopped right in the middle, blocking all the ways, I managed to swerve left and just tagged their passenger door side on), and as a result certain things were damaged.  They had the cheek to look pretty smug at me when I was giving them a look asking what the fuck they thought they were doing.  Red mist descended and I gave chase, all of 3m, and as I meant to just lift the wiper up, as I often do to inconsiderate parkers who stop me getting into my home (just for a bit of so they knows what's good for em, to piss em off a bit back), they pulled away and I slipped and broke it.  I forgot to stop and exchange insurance details.  They were pulling into the poshest hotel in town, so I think they can afford it . :thumbsup:

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero

What car was it? It probably won't break their bank, but it will hopefully inconvenience them enough for it to re-cross their mind the next time they plan on abusing a cyclist. I think you did right.

Paz

• junky
Cheers, that was the idea.  Almost wish I'd ripped it off deliberately.  Bristol's supposed to be a fucking cycling city at the moment too so you'd think they'd sort out this black spot - taxi drivers are always really wankerish hereabouts too. You always hear about London cyclists carrying hammers through rush hour traffic for a bit of instant justice.  And I heard from someone who was cut up at lights by a similar dozy bint driven hatch back, that a new automatic motorised wing mirror will set you back about a grand!  I wondered is a wiper's somethign similar. 

Where as a new wheel for me is £25 and a new bike is £50!  My main concern is not getting run over and not hitting anyone.  Without hurting anyone I will do whatever I can to promote considerate behaviour on the roads, especially by motorists.

You would think that given how much I watch Top Gear, I would remember slightly more than bugger all about specific cars.  So I only know it was a newish generic hatch back, (an entry level Nissan or a Ford or a Toyota or something).  But I just like blokey banter, stunts and challenges.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal