UKBouldering.com

Losing fitness (Read 1492 times)

ww

Losing fitness
October 11, 2008, 05:59:35 pm
After spending all summer training and getting fitter than ever in prepartion for a November trip, the last 3 or 4 weeks I have found myself overwhelmed with work and life.  My training has been reduced to almost nil except for 2 days a week of  outdoor sessions.  This has left me quite stessed about losing all the fitness I worked for over the summer.  I was wondering what is required to maintain finger strength and overall fitness.  Thanks, ww

:boohoo:

erm, sam

• forum hero
#1 Re: Losing fitness
October 11, 2008, 06:12:10 pm
If you have honestly spent all summer training like a mad dog, then you are not going to lose it all in a few weeks. You will lose the top percentage for sure, but after all that trainging I am sure it will come back quicker than if you had no base. Do some fingerboarding and stop getting stressed. In my experience life continually gets in the way of my training and climbing. Either change your life or start getting used to it.
After all, no matter what, you will definatly be better than you would have been if you hadn't trained all summer. Full stop. So focus on that and find a way to enjoy it anyway.

PS. I gave up my aspirations to be top rock jock some time ago. I still aspire to improve, and am improving, but no longer think it will all come down to the next trip or next training plan.. If you are still young enough to have it all, forgive my slightly jaded view and carry on caring a great deal.

PPS, it is still possible that having an easier few weeks after a huge training effort will enable full recovery and an ever more rightous trip. As long as you so some short sessions of maximum intensity you should be ok.
Or not. The training experts could clarify I am sure.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal