UKBouldering.com

Algarve bouldering (Read 4987 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Algarve bouldering
October 14, 2008, 11:44:31 pm
Ok so Mrs Sloper and Sloper Jnr are off to the Algarve for a weeks R&R, does anyone know of any bouldering around amanacoa de pera?

magpie

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
#1 Re: Algarve bouldering
October 15, 2008, 09:31:41 am
I have a book that might have something in it, it's mainly routes but I think there's some bouldering, do you want me to dig it out and have a proper look for you?  There's quite a bit of DWS around there too, if that appeals, it'll probably still be warm enough that far south? 

Also, I think there's someone on UKC who lives down that way and has answered questions about similar stuff before, might be worth a look.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#2 Re: Algarve bouldering
October 15, 2008, 09:36:27 am
Mrs Obi and I had a bit of a tour round there a few years back. Found some worthwhile sport routes not too far inland, (there was an old OTE article with directions etc) Not sure about bouldering but a quick Google found this http://www.havefuninthesun.co.uk/findus.htm
DWS might be worth checking out if you have Slopes-Jr in tow.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#3 Re: Algarve bouldering
October 15, 2008, 10:33:04 am
Ok so Mrs Sloper and Sloper Jnr are off to the Algarve for a weeks R&R, does anyone know of any bouldering around amanacoa de pera?

get in touch with pete at havefuninthesun.co.uk, he is one of my best mates, I will tell him you are going to contact him, you 2 will get on like a house on fire.

But there aint much bouldering, a couple of caves down on the beach, fairly solid, ok for an afternoon, but pete knows all the crags so he will point you in the right direction.

geezer

#4 Re: Algarve bouldering
October 15, 2008, 11:52:09 am
hi,
Sorry to say theres no climbing where your staying but inland (about half an hour) you have rocha da pena (sport routes)
If you go down the coast towards sagres,first try zavial,on the left side of the beach on top of the hill there is some bouldering also if you go to beliche beach there are a couple of small caves and one big one,you can also traverse quit alot of the sea cliffs here.
If when your here you get stuck just give me a call and ill try to point you in the right dirrection?
http://www.havefuninthesun.co.uk you can get my number of my web page,hope this was of some help.
speak soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal