UKBouldering.com

Tricep/Lat Strain (Read 2621 times)

John Cooke

• menacing presence
Tricep/Lat Strain
September 30, 2008, 10:44:40 pm
After some advise on pain i'm having on the tendon where my tricep connects to my lat. I can feel it if i close the boot of my car or open heavy doors and it twinges quite badly climbing when undercutting or pulling down. The power is still there and i can climb ok on it but the pain has got to the point now where i think i probably need to see a physio about it.

Has anyone any experience of this sort of injury?

Cheers,

J.

stom

• addict
    • Some Videos
#1 Re: Tricep/Lat Strain
October 02, 2008, 08:59:29 am
I tore my tricep muscle last year at the base near the lateral muscle whilst training to get the strength to do a planche, it resulted in very stiff necks although i could still climb albeit not to my usual standard.  However it took around 2-3 months to fully recover.  During this period i repeatedly went to see 2 physios regarding this injury both of which were very helpful and gave me lots of recuperative exercises.  My advice would be to definitely go and see a physio and get the injury checked out.  Where are you based?  If its Sheffield area let me know and i can give you the details of the physios i went to see.

best of luck with recovery!

John Cooke

• menacing presence
#2 Re: Tricep/Lat Strain
October 02, 2008, 12:47:08 pm
Thanks Stom. I'm Nottingham based now but booked in to see a physio this evening.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal